yellowfever

Approved! What next?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi everyone. Here's my story...

In September '05 I took a 1 year contract to work a construction job in Beijing, China. The month after I arrived, I met a cute, beautiful girl and we started dating. It wasn't long before we were totally in love and we decided that she should come to the US so we can get married.

Well, I got back in September '06 and immediately started working on my I-129F. I turned it in mid-November. Today I got an email saying it has been approved! They say they are mailing me some info.

What I want to know is, what's the next step? This is making me very anxious and I can't sleep, I miss her so much. I know she's probably gonna need to get a bunch of immunizations, but is there anything else I'm missing? How much longer of a wait are we looking at? :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello and congrats on the approval!

I don't really know the answers to your questions (as I'm a Dec filer I'm still waiting for the NOA2!), but I do know that you can find a list of what is next in the guides. You are right in that she will need immunizations. She'll also need police checks, medicals and things of that nature. I know, in the UK and Australia at least, that the police checks can take up to 2 months. We're starting my fiancee's police checks this week!

Anyway, sorry I can't be more helpful in giving you a real list of what you need to do, but the guides have it all!

Good luck!

Also check out the 'embassy info' section of this site. It should tell you what your particular consulate does in the next phase.

I'm a Nov filer, too - would love to know what date you received your NOA1. To that end, :time:

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

In September '05 I took a 1 year contract to work a construction job in Beijing, China. The month after I arrived, I met a cute, beautiful girl and we started dating. It wasn't long before we were totally in love and we decided that she should come to the US so we can get married.

Well, I got back in September '06 and immediately started working on my I-129F. I turned it in mid-November. Today I got an email saying it has been approved! They say they are mailing me some info.

What I want to know is, what's the next step? This is making me very anxious and I can't sleep, I miss her so much. I know she's probably gonna need to get a bunch of immunizations, but is there anything else I'm missing? How much longer of a wait are we looking at? :wacko:

look at the process chart in JV, you will get an idea. basicly it will now send off to NVS and then to the US embasy in your country. also, you should update your timelines, as it will help others

=============K1===========

Date I-129F Sent :2006-10-10

NOA1 :2006-10-20

NOA2 :2007-01-24(By Email) YEAH!!!

NOA2 :2007-01-27(Snail Mail)

Engaged 02/11/2007

NVC Recieved: 2007-02-02

NVC left: 2007-06-25

P3 Arrived: 2007-11-10

Interview: 2007-12-28 (Passed)

US Entry: 2008-2-3

Wedding: 2008-2-26

============AOS============

CIS Office : Charlotte NC

Date Filed : 2008-04-22

Check Cashed: 2008-05-02

Timeline

Thanks, everyone.

Also check out the 'embassy info' section of this site. It should tell you what your particular consulate does in the next phase.

I'm a Nov filer, too - would love to know what date you received your NOA1. To that end, :time:

I didn't write down the date I mailed it, but on my NOA1 it lists the Received Date as 11-03-06 and the Notice Date as 11-9-06. I turned it into the Texas Service Center, and it was processed in California. If you filed in Novemeber, I'll bet you hear something soon!

Oh yeah, doesn't it take a long time to get a Chinese police check? Best be getting on that! Also get a certified copy of her birth certificate.

Errrm, yeah this is where it's gonna get hairy... The police check shouldn't be a problem, but she was born in a remote province and has no birth certificate. Her parents (well parent, her father died) don't have certificates either. Not sure what to do about that. All she has is a Beijing ID card she received when her family moved there when she was young.

look at the process chart in JV, you will get an idea. basicly it will now send off to NVS and then to the US embasy in your country. also, you should update your timelines, as it will help others

Thanks for pointing me to that. This place has some great info, I wish I would have found it sooner! And I'm gonna add a timeline soon.

A mid-november at csc approved! wow!! "Come on uscis, come on, over here! you can do it! here boy :whistle: "

Congrats!!!!! :thumbs:

Timeline

Ok, I added a timeline. Since I can't remember the exact date I mailed off the I129-F, I picked a day in the last week of October, that should be somewhat accurate.

A mid-november at csc approved! wow!! "Come on uscis, come on, over here! you can do it! here boy :whistle: "

Congrats!!!!! :thumbs:

Apparently there's lots of people here who filed at almost the same time I did. Y'all should be hearing something soon I hope!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

What documents will be in the instruction packet and appointment packet?

The Instruction packet in Guangzhou includes:

1. Instruction packet (Packet 3) letter in English
  2. Instruction packet (Packet 3) letter in Chinese
  3. Application for immigrant visa and alien registration (DS-230 part I)
  4. Instructions for immigrant visa applicants (OF-169)
  5. Important notice
  6. Evidence which may be presented to meet the public charge provisions of the law (OF-167)
  7. Affidavit of Support (I-864)

The Appointment packet includes:

1. Appointment letter (packet 4) in English
  2. Appointment letter (packet 4) in Chinese
  3. Appointment instructions for immigrant visa applications (OF-171)
  4. Application for immigrant visa and alien registration (DS-230 part II)
  5. Family composition sheet (GIV-24)
  6. Medical examination instructions (GIV-8)
  7. Medical examination for immigrant or refugee applicant (DS-2053)
  8. Chest X-ray and classification worksheet (DS-3024)
  9. Vaccination documentation worksheet (DS-3025)
  10. Medical history and physical examination worksheet (DS-3026)
  11. Important notice to immigrant visa applicants concerning vaccination requirements
  12. Requirements for Immigrant Visa Application (GIV-1)

What documents should I bring to the visa interview?

The applicant should bring the following original documents:

· Forms in the appointment packet

· Chinese passport

· Two visa photos

· Notarial birth certificate

· Notarial marital status certificate. If divorced before, previous divorce certificates for each marriage are required. If any child from previous marriage will also apply for visa, a divorce decree showing the child's custody is needed.

· Notarial police certificates are required from each visa applicant aged 16 or over issued by his/her local municipal notary office where he/she has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year.

· Medical report

· Affidavit of Support - I-864 and copies of the three most recent years' tax returns if not already submitted to NVC.

· Relationship evidence including family photos, correspondence and household registration to prove the claimed relationship.

Translations: Police certificates from other countries not in English, or in the official language of the country must be accompanied by certified English translations. Translations must be certified by a competent translator and sworn to before a notary public.

Hope that helps. Tao just spent almost 8000 CHY to get her paperwork and passport done. China is slow and expensive to get what you need and have it certified and translated.

Jim

Ignore that, wrong packet info, oops I did it again, thats for immigrant

What documents will be in the instruction packet and appointment packet?

The Instruction packet in Guangzhou includes:

1. Instruction packet (Packet 3) letter in English
  2. Instruction packet (Packet 3) letter in Chinese
  3. Application for immigrant visa and alien registration (DS-230 part I)
  4. Instructions for immigrant visa applicants (OF-169)
  5. Important notice
  6. Evidence which may be presented to meet the public charge provisions of the law (OF-167)
  7. Affidavit of Support (I-864)

The Appointment packet includes:

1. Appointment letter (packet 4) in English
  2. Appointment letter (packet 4) in Chinese
  3. Appointment instructions for immigrant visa applications (OF-171)
  4. Application for immigrant visa and alien registration (DS-230 part II)
  5. Family composition sheet (GIV-24)
  6. Medical examination instructions (GIV-8)
  7. Medical examination for immigrant or refugee applicant (DS-2053)
  8. Chest X-ray and classification worksheet (DS-3024)
  9. Vaccination documentation worksheet (DS-3025)
  10. Medical history and physical examination worksheet (DS-3026)
  11. Important notice to immigrant visa applicants concerning vaccination requirements
  12. Requirements for Immigrant Visa Application (GIV-1)

What documents should I bring to the visa interview?

The applicant should bring the following original documents:

· Forms in the appointment packet

· Chinese passport

· Two visa photos

· Notarial birth certificate

· Notarial marital status certificate. If divorced before, previous divorce certificates for each marriage are required. If any child from previous marriage will also apply for visa, a divorce decree showing the child's custody is needed.

· Notarial police certificates are required from each visa applicant aged 16 or over issued by his/her local municipal notary office where he/she has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year.

· Medical report

· Affidavit of Support - I-864 and copies of the three most recent years' tax returns if not already submitted to NVC.

· Relationship evidence including family photos, correspondence and household registration to prove the claimed relationship.

Translations: Police certificates from other countries not in English, or in the official language of the country must be accompanied by certified English translations. Translations must be certified by a competent translator and sworn to before a notary public.

Hope that helps. Tao just spent almost 8000 CHY to get her paperwork and passport done. China is slow and expensive to get what you need and have it certified and translated.

Jim

Jim and Nhi

10-2-2008 Interview in Vietnam

9-1-2008 abandoned K3

7-11-08 Home from Vietnam

7-04-2008 Cleared NVC

6-26-08 NOA2 for I-129F and I-130

6-25-08 Congressional Expediting Approved

6-23-08 Return to Vietnam for visit

4-30-08 NOA1 I-130

4-17-08 NOA1 I-129F

4-10-08 I-129F mailed

3-26-08 Married in Vietnam

Timeline

Jim and Nhi

9-1-2008 abandoned K3

7-04-2008 Cleared NVC

4-30-08 NOA1 I-130

4-17-08 NOA1 I-129F

4-10-08 I-129F mailed

I didn't write down the date I mailed it, but on my NOA1 it lists the Received Date as 11-03-06 and the Notice Date as 11-9-06. I turned it into the Texas Service Center, and it was processed in California. If you filed in Novemeber, I'll bet you hear something soon!

Thanks! My notice date isn't till 11/21, so I probably have a few weeks to go yet - but thanks! :) :)

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

I have not found any embassy info on Beijing on this site. There may be one but nobody has filed there. Good question and I don't have an answer. Here you go. http://beijing.usembassy-china.org.cn/ Guess somebody needs to update the embassy page and I don't know how

Is she going to have to go to Guangzhou? I figured she could do it in Beijing :blink:

Jim and Nhi

9-1-2008 abandoned K3

7-04-2008 Cleared NVC

4-30-08 NOA1 I-130

4-17-08 NOA1 I-129F

4-10-08 I-129F mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.