Nivee

Visa Fees Help I'm Lost with this!!

29 posts in this topic

Hello All

So here I am ready the prepare for the interview section on the NVC website. My embassy is SDO and it says'

VISA FEE: Unless the fee has been paid for you in the United States, you must

be prepared to pay the non-refundable fee of US$400.00or equivalent in
Dominican pesos per applicant. We can only accept payment in one currency (i.e.
you must pay the total entirely in U.S. dollars or entirely in Dominican pesos).
We accept cash and international credit cards as well.
Is this in addition to what I already paid. In what case would this have been paid in the US?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Not sure what visa you are applying for. I will be applying for IR-1 visa in the future, and visa application fees for that is $325, as detailed in the link belwo.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/fees-visa-services.html

In addition to the visa application fee, you are also required to pay for Affidavit of Support fee before the visa interview. It is $88 for I-864 or I-864EZ.

Come join the Scan Date to Case Complete thread. To be added to the Scan Date to Case Complete spreadsheet, simply post your Scan Date and/or Case Complete date in the thread. You will be added to the spreadsheet which is available now.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/592291-scan-date-to-case-complete-spreadsheet/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bLgqeV5tr9zHOSY5IqtYn3RURVO3C0iMBGVwUviVruk/edit#gid=0

Timeline

Where are you getting this $230 amount for Application fee for Immigrant Visa? The link I provided above states it to be $325.

Sorry am not much of a help here. Hopefully someone from DR would shed some light on it.

Come join the Scan Date to Case Complete thread. To be added to the Scan Date to Case Complete spreadsheet, simply post your Scan Date and/or Case Complete date in the thread. You will be added to the spreadsheet which is available now.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/592291-scan-date-to-case-complete-spreadsheet/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bLgqeV5tr9zHOSY5IqtYn3RURVO3C0iMBGVwUviVruk/edit#gid=0

Timeline

Hi, the prices went up, so at the embassy you have to pay the difference for the aos is now $120 and the other is $325.

Not questions your veracity, but the link below says it to be $88. Where are you getting the $120 figure? Can you please provide a source.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello All

So here I am ready the prepare for the interview section on the NVC website. My embassy is SDO and it says'

you must pay the total entirely in U.S. dollars or entirely in Dominican pesos).
Is this in addition to what I already paid. In what case would this have been paid in the US?

The new Visa fees go in to affect September 12th. It will go from $230 to $325 (this is the IV fee) and the AOS will go from $88 to $120). If you already paid the fee right now you are fine. However,

If you are scheduked your interview afer December 12th you will have to pay the difference of what you paid $230 and what it will be starting September 12th $325.

If your interview comes before you have no worries.

So its all about when you were invoiced and when you get interview

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Hi, the prices went up, so at the embassy you have to pay the difference for the aos is now $120 and the other is $325.

That it if the interview is on or after Dec 12 2014 that you will be require to pay the difference.

USCIS

05/21/13: Priority Day

09/09/13: VSC to NSC

09/17/13: Processing at NSC

10/31/13: RFE

11/07/13: RFE Sent

11/13/13: RFE Received

11/20/13: NOA2

11/26/13: Case sent to NVC

NVC

12/18/13: Case Received

01/10/14: Case# and IIN

01/17/14: Completed DS-261

01/21/14: Paid AOS fee

01/25/14: Paid IV Fee

02/17/14: Completed DS-260

04/07/14: Sent IV and AOS

04/25/14: Case Complete

CONSULATE

03/25/15: Interview

03/27/15: Visa Issued

04/01/15: Visa Available to pick up
04/02/15: Picked up visa

04/02/15: Paid fee on ELIS

Ok thank you all for your responses but I still don't see where is the number $400 coming from.

Timeline

Ok thank you all for your responses but I still don't see where is the number $400 coming from.

Has nothing to do with no. IR1/CR1 do not pat any fees at embassy. It's either outdated or its about another Visa. Can you attach the link.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

I do not either. Doesnt look like you have the option of not paying though. You can ask the embassy/interview about it when you go there for your interview.

Timeline

you also need to pay for your green card before you come to the u.s 165.00 uscis elis.gov

No you do not have to pay before you enter the US just many do but it is not a requirement to pay before POE. You have one year to pay the fee. Just no green card in the mail until you pay so you will have to rely on the temp stamp in your passport.

ROC I-751

N-400

Not questions your veracity, but the link below says it to be $88. Where are you getting the $120 figure? Can you please provide a source.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

That's ok, if you see the swction of traveling to the US permanently it states other fees and aos is $120.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/fees-visa-services.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.