garya505

Sample Employment Letter for I-134?

13 posts in this topic

Hubbubs letter had name and address of his employer, that he had been employed full time ( and still was ) as an x with them for x number of years. That was it .

Kim

Edited by Angelica

21/12/2005 arrive in time for Christmas with my baby !!

18/02/2006 We are married in Coeur D'Alene !!

16/05/2006 AOS and EAD sent off to the windy city. ( day 1)

27/05/2006 NOA's received...woo hoo !! ( day 12 )

09/06/2006 Appointment letter for biometrics arrives ( day 25 )

30/06/2006 Biometrics 11am at Spokane ( day 46 )

22/07/2006 Appointment letter for AOS interview arrives (day 68 )

04/08/2006 Without any warning.....EAD card arrives in the post !! ( day 81 )

24/08/2006 AOS interview at 7.30 am ( day 101 )

24/08/2006 APPROVED !!!

28/08/2006 Welcome to America letter arrives...gee thanks guys !! ( day 105 )

02/09/2006 Green card arrives ...woo hoo !! ( day 110 ) We can relax until 2008 :)

mine was pretty simple. on company letterhead. it included job title, location, salary, how long worked for, job status ( permanent, full time ).

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Can anyone point me to a sample employment letter for the I-134 supporting docs? What needs to be in it?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=support

Basically, your employer letter should state "To whom it may concern: (first name,last name) has been employed

full-time with the XYZ Company since 200_ as a (name of your job), and is an employee in good standing with an

annual salary of $XXXX. Signed, John Doe, Supervisor (or whatever title)" The letter should be on company

letterhead.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
garaya505,

The I-134 instructions tell you what needs to be in it.

Yodrak

Can anyone point me to a sample employment letter for the I-134 supporting docs? What needs to be in it?

I guess if I did the form before I did the letter I would know that. :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Now I know that each employment letter varies a bit - depending on our jobs.

I used the example from VJ and tweaked it a bit to make more sense for my job - but I included the information I-134 asks for.

Now that form also states we need bank information. Do we really - if we earn more than the poverty guidelines?

I have proof of when my bank account was opened, and I can print out my latest statement from February - before my interview in March.

I asked for a letter from the bank and was unable to get one from them. Customer service for Bank of America has been horrible to me.

I can try again, at another local bank, is it worth it? Necessary?

Thanks.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Timeline

Gary, it's just a couple of lines on Company letterhead and it needs to contain, the date letter created, e.g. todays date, hire date, employment status, job title and salary. Here is a sample which is similar to the one I have. "To whom it may concern, xxx xxxx has been employed by this Company since xx-xx-xxxx. His/Her status is full time/part time and his/her job is as a xxxxxxx. His/her weekly/monthly/annual income is $xxxxx."

Signed x xxxxxxx Date xxxxxxx

Printed Name xxxxxxxxxx

Title xxxxxxxxx

02-20-07 INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!!

02-27-07 Visa Delivered (Makati)

02-28-07 Arrive Tucson, Thanks God!

03-13-07 Got marriage license

03-16-07 Apply for SSN

03-29-07 SSN received

04-21-07 Wedding Tucson Botanical Gardens

05-02-07 Mailed AOS

05-03-07 AOS received Chicago

05-11-07 NOA1 receipt

05-29-07 Bio appt

05-30-07 touch

07-02-07 interview letter snailmail

08-27-07 INTERVIEW!

Timeline

Since my pay rate is hourly and we get bonuses but but my time off is unpaid, this is what I did:

<date>

To whom it may concern,

<employee name> is employed by <company name> of <city, state> as a full time permanent employee, and has been employed by the company since <month year>. <employee name>’s job title is <job title>, his rate of pay is <hourly rate of pay> per hour, and his total annual compensation for the year 2006 was <total pay for 2006, from W-2 form>.

<SUPERVISOR OR MANAGER SIGNATURE HERE>

<signer's name>

<signer’s job title>, <company name>

Edited by garya505

Timeline

OK, now I have more questions on the I-134 supporting docs.

The instructions for the I-134 state:

"The sponsor must submit in duplicate evidence of income and resources, as appropriate:

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions where you have deposits, identifying the following details regarding your account:

1. Date account opened;

2. Total amount deposited for the past year;

3. Present balance.

B. Statement of your employer on business stationery, revealing:

1. Date and nature of employment;

2. Salary paid;

3. Whether the position is temporary or permanent.

C. If self-employed:

1. Copy of last income tax return filed; or

2. Report of commercial rating concern.

D. List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s)."

Does " in duplicate" mean we should submit 2 statements from the bank officer and 2 signed letters from our employer, or does that mean an original and a photocopy of those?

What if my bank doesn't give such letters? Would regular monthly bank statements be OK?

I'll take what it says in C to mean they don't want income tax copies unless I'm self-employed, right?

• 6 years later...
Filed: Timeline

I just received the requested letter from my employer, and I am a little concerned that it does not explicitely state that my status is full time and permanent. What do you think?

To Whom it May Concern:

XXX was hired by XXX in September of 2012. He is a Systems Analyst for our firm. XXX is in good standing with the organization. His current annual base salary is XXX.

Please let me know if we can provide any additional information. You may reach me at email: XXX or call me at XXX

Sincerely,

XXX

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Does any one know if I need to put the receiver's address on the employment letter?

For example, do I need to put the embassy's address in Moscow on the employment letter?

Thanks for your help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Nope, you don't. "To Whom It Concerns" always works beautifully.

*** Thread from 2007 is now closed to further comments. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.