payxibka

Embassy's will no longer accept I-130

391 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Japan
Timeline

Maiki: Glad someone got some good news out of Tokyo! We're still waiting. The Visa Information Line advised us to schedule an interview anyway even though we hadn't received clearance on Monday. When I called the VIL again today, they asked me why I set up an interview even though our paperwork hadn't yet been cleared. So I don't know what to think.

Anyways, congratulations on scoring an interview! Good luck!

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Thanks, Skain.

Btw, looks to me like DCF is back. This was an update posted on the Tokyo embassy site:

Revised I-130 Petitioning Procedures for U.S. Citizens Resident in Japan (Mar 22 2007)

Effective immediately, consular offices in countries where there is no USCIS presence may now accept family-based I-130 petitions from American citizens who are resident in their district for at least the preceding 6 months.

Filed: Country: Japan
Timeline

Does that mean the Adam Walsh Act checks no longer apply?! Or does it just mean that you can only apply via the embassy/consulate if you've been living there (resident) for at least 6 months? In other words, the Adam Walsh checks still happen, but if you haven't been living in the area for at least 6 months, you must apply at a USCIS office in the US?

I guess it doesn't matter either way. The Tokyo Embassy still hasn't contacted me about my wife's file. Our flight is the day after tomorrow. She's going to have to fly back to Japan for the stupid interview. What a waste of money.

Very disappointing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I just signed up to this forum last week as I am desperate already and am wondering if anyone has more clue about this than I do.

I have filed the I-130 with my husband at the Dublin Embassy upon invitation on September 11th 2006.

We have been married since 03 however he was a Perm Resident before and if we filed then it would take us Forever so we thought and figured it is better to file right after he becomes a Citizen which would make things faster.

I recieved an interview date for 26th January 2007. I was thrilled and on my way to Dublin on 25th January 2007 to spend the night and go to the embassy in the morning. I get a phone call from the U.S. Embassy with shocking news. My interview in cancelled and they do not know anything further. I will be notifed. It has been postponed inefinitely.

I was devistated!! :crying:

My husband called the state department they did not know anything at first and eventually were able to advise him of the law change. The embassy in Dublin advised him that the file will be going to London.

We were wondering why because initialy they had told us that all files that were filed after a certain date in July are going to be sent to The United States for review.

I sent over the DS 2001 and DS 230 part I. before getting the interview date as required but after the Dublin embassy quit onmy case stating it needs to go to London they advised me I actually need to send them filled out and signed forms G325a for both of us. I have gathered the documents and right before sending them off to Dublin called them to confirm where I should be sending them to. They advised me to not call the Dublin embassy anymore (quite rude staff they have there - unprofessional also) and that they sent the file incompleted to London. :angry:

Oh my!! Alright so I come home with all the paperwork and I luckily get mail from the London embassy stating my file is incomplete and they need the forms G325a and a marriage certificate.

I send it and 10 days later I get another letter - stating that they need a Marriage License this time. Geesh couldn't they make it clear on the first letter? Now the terrible thing here is that I cannot call the London embassy and can only write them. It takes 10 days for a letter to come from London to Ireland? Terrible.

So now I'm waiting..........

and waiting.... :wacko:

Does anyone have any idea how long am I going to wait? Or is my file actually gonna be worked on in London? or is it going to the States? What is going ooooooooon?!

*sigh*

I'd be glad if I get any input from you guys :)

Hello everyone!

I just signed up to this forum last week as I am desperate already and am wondering if anyone has more clue about this than I do.

I have filed the I-130 with my husband at the Dublin Embassy upon invitation on September 11th 2006.

We have been married since 03 however he was a Perm Resident before and if we filed then it would take us Forever so we thought and figured it is better to file right after he becomes a Citizen which would make things faster.

I recieved an interview date for 26th January 2007. I was thrilled and on my way to Dublin on 25th January 2007 to spend the night and go to the embassy in the morning. I get a phone call from the U.S. Embassy with shocking news. My interview in cancelled and they do not know anything further. I will be notifed. It has been postponed inefinitely.

I was devistated!! :crying:

My husband called the state department they did not know anything at first and eventually were able to advise him of the law change. The embassy in Dublin advised him that the file will be going to London.

We were wondering why because initialy they had told us that all files that were filed after a certain date in July are going to be sent to The United States for review.

I sent over the DS 2001 and DS 230 part I. before getting the interview date as required but after the Dublin embassy quit onmy case stating it needs to go to London they advised me I actually need to send them filled out and signed forms G325a for both of us. I have gathered the documents and right before sending them off to Dublin called them to confirm where I should be sending them to. They advised me to not call the Dublin embassy anymore (quite rude staff they have there - unprofessional also) and that they sent the file incompleted to London. :angry:

Oh my!! Alright so I come home with all the paperwork and I luckily get mail from the London embassy stating my file is incomplete and they need the forms G325a and a marriage certificate.

I send it and 10 days later I get another letter - stating that they need a Marriage License this time. Geesh couldn't they make it clear on the first letter? Now the terrible thing here is that I cannot call the London embassy and can only write them. It takes 10 days for a letter to come from London to Ireland? Terrible.

So now I'm waiting..........

and waiting.... :wacko:

Does anyone have any idea how long am I going to wait? Or is my file actually gonna be worked on in London? or is it going to the States? What is going ooooooooon?!

*sigh*

I'd be glad if I get any input from you guys :)

hi,

I think ur file was sent to the nearest USCIS office for a petitioner backgroung, coz after jan 23 2007 embassy postpone all interview and i was one of them and my file was sent to Roma uscis... and it takes like almost 3 weeks to be reaproved ''walsh law''

I think ur uscis office is London.

When my file was in the uscis ofice in Roma i called and it was impossible to know if my file was checked or not , i got the info from Paris as soon my file was back there and they give me an another appointment.

i hope my info can help u

good luck

- Nov 2006

Paris Civil Wedding

- Jan 2007

DCF (CR1-CR2)

I-130 Aproved the same day i went to Paris Embassy

Form DS-2001 sent back to Paris Embassy

Got appointment letter for the final interview in March 2007 with my Case number.

Packet 4

Adam walsh law, call from embassy final interview postpone

Paris Embassy sent all pending I-130 petitions to Roma uscis for an Petionner background check

- Feb 2007

Medical visit

I- 130 petitions back from the Roma uscis ''reaproved''

Call from Paris Embassy confimation for my final interview in March 2007.

- March 2007

Final interview date: CR1-CR2 Aproved

Passports with visas came by chrono 5 days after interview.

57 days in total

- April 2007

Moving to USA

Atlanta POE

Your situation seems kind of odd to me, since Dublin should have had your complete I-130 petition with all the necessary marriage documents, G-325A, etc. paperwork in order to set a visa interview date for you in the first place. But each consulate had its own way of handling an I-130 petition before the whole Adam Walsh Law, I guess. Still... it seems strange.

Hmm is probably right - your incomplete petition was sent to the USCIS office in London to do a background check on your husband's name for the new Adam Walsh Law, and USCIS in London asked you for the rest of the information necessary for an I-130 petition. They should process it fairly soon, they'll let Dublin know that you're approved, and then you can move onto the next part of your visa process. Be very glad that it didn't get sent for a long wait in the USA!

You should be aware that there is now a new policy, since March 23, that consulates are once again allowed to accept the I-130 petitions, with the caveat that the petitioner (your USC husband) has been legally resident in the foreign country for at least the past six months. If London USCIS now has your husband's complete petition, you should be fine, but keep in mind that depending on where your husband has been living for the past six months you're in a sort of weird no-man's land right now, so try to stay sweet with the consulate in Dublin, since they could choose to make your life easy or hard at this point!

Good luck.

9-12/2004 - met and fell in love in Bulgaria

2004 - 2006 - travel, travel, travel...

11/2006 - moved to Bulgaria

1/2007 - engaged

4/2007 - wedding

DCF for CR-1 Visa BEGINS:

5/16/2007 - I-130 filed at Sofia, Bulgaria embassy

Hi LilQueen,

I also submitted everything to Dublin for my husband in November so it sounds like we are in the same boat.

Dublin seems to do things a bit differently and from my experience so far, they don't have any idea how to facilitate those of us caught in the middle of this Adam Walsh thing. The Dublin process never seemed to match up with the processes in other countries so you are totally in the dark from the beginning.

I was also advised to send a list of documents that did NOT include our marriage certificate, my Irish residence permit to the Dublin Embassy in January and they were going to forward them on to London. When I realized they didn't ask for the correct docs (as listed on the London website), I called them and said "London will contact you if they need anything" and hung up on me!

I honestly don't think they know what they are doing and they don't have any inforamtion. It is really unfair that we can't even get in touch with London ourselves except by writing to them.

I know it's not worth the energy but I am disgusted with this red tape and total ignorance. Dublin gave us the impression when we applied that it would be easy - "just call us when you're ready to go", they said. So we did. And now we are further behind than when we filed in November...

Timeline
Hi LilQueen,

I also submitted everything to Dublin for my husband in November so it sounds like we are in the same boat.

Dublin seems to do things a bit differently and from my experience so far, they don't have any idea how to facilitate those of us caught in the middle of this Adam Walsh thing. The Dublin process never seemed to match up with the processes in other countries so you are totally in the dark from the beginning.

I was also advised to send a list of documents that did NOT include our marriage certificate, my Irish residence permit to the Dublin Embassy in January and they were going to forward them on to London. When I realized they didn't ask for the correct docs (as listed on the London website), I called them and said "London will contact you if they need anything" and hung up on me!

I honestly don't think they know what they are doing and they don't have any inforamtion. It is really unfair that we can't even get in touch with London ourselves except by writing to them.

I know it's not worth the energy but I am disgusted with this red tape and total ignorance. Dublin gave us the impression when we applied that it would be easy - "just call us when you're ready to go", they said. So we did. And now we are further behind than when we filed in November...

Thank you all for responsing! Well Malka you certainly did scare me there with the no mans land! I really feel it is terrible that we should be at fault for the Dublin embassy not doing their job properly! When we went there they told us no need for nothing, like Sholt said. I has filled out G 325a forms right there and a lot of additional stuff that I was reading online on different websites that will be needed for processing however Dublin did not take them saying they do not need them and even told my husband he is free to go back to the States it is all on me now.

My husband was here a bit over 3 months as a family emergency arose in the States (his fathers health severly dropped and was fighting for his life). We thought he needs to come for the interview in January but Dublin said there is no need for that and he does not have to fly over here for anything else.

So yeah, they make it seem so easy, do not have a clue about how to even assist with paperwork nor anything else and in the end we are paying for it :(

My husband has called the State Department to advise of the way the embassy in Dublin deals with U.S. Citizens and that the staff is very rude and they just ackowledged by saying Yeah, we do get a lot of complaints about that office and apologized.

I sure hope they do not make my life more miserable :(

I was told 3-4 weeks also but the way the Dublin embassy works it is taking forever and then the mailing system now also.

On 25th Jan Dublin calls me saying the interview is cancelled and they are sending my file to the U.S. My husband calls everywhere asking what is going on. He was finally told by Dublin the following week Monday that the case has been sent to London to wait 3-4 weeks and I will get another apointment for the interview. We were happy and after a week checked up on it again since we knew how Dublin is. Then they tell him oh your file is still here awaiting additional documenation - G325a forms for you and your wife. I thought I will go mad! We get the papers together and I call them as I stated in the previous post to send them out to them. They say London will call you etc very rude and all, but I manage to keep her on the phone a few secs more to tell me when was it sent to London. She tells me Feb13th. So almost 3 weeks it took them to clear all this mess they created and I was waiting thinking that my papers will be here already after 3 -4 weeks, but they were not even in Lonodn yet! And then the brilliance of Irish postal services - no express post anywhere outside of Ireland no more. Grand! I wait 2weeks for the post to go and come back to me.

So this is all the waiting, over 2 months down the drain. It is the end of March and I am still here with no knowledge of what on earth is going on and when am I going to have the interview so I can finally put my life on track and my husband and I can begin our life together.

Again thank you all for your comments!

So, to get an idea of the process, I get the interview date (hopefully), I attend the interview myslef with all supporting documents (do you have any tips as per what I should bring? to me its very clear were a married couple because we want to be but I am wondering if the consular officers cannot see that? I do not want them to doubt me just because I do not have pictures they want or joint accounts (cannot have that anyway) or any of those things - I have pictures of us together some of his family pics, telephone bills since we really Waste sooo much money on the phone :( But I have been reading that you need a lot ot stuff - join accounts mortgages rent so many things -whoa)

So once you have the interview you are either approved or denied there and then? Then if you are approved the visa is done? and if you are not they advise you which waiver you should use etc? and then that is it for this side?

So when you are approved you fly to the States, can you work? where is the interview I have been reading about when you are both present and the officer akss you all kinds of questions to determne if you are indeed married out of love? What is the adjustment of status process like?

Thanks lads! :thumbs:

Timeline
hi,

I think ur file was sent to the nearest USCIS office for a petitioner backgroung, coz after jan 23 2007 embassy postpone all interview and i was one of them and my file was sent to Roma uscis... and it takes like almost 3 weeks to be reaproved ''walsh law''

I think ur uscis office is London.

When my file was in the uscis ofice in Roma i called and it was impossible to know if my file was checked or not , i got the info from Paris as soon my file was back there and they give me an another appointment.

i hope my info can help u

good luck

Wow talk about you are lucky! 57 days altogether. I've been married 4 years in March and am still waiting. Lucky Lucky laady! Good luck with your new life in ATL!! :):dance::thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

Thank you all for responsing! Well Malka you certainly did scare me there with the no mans land! I really feel it is terrible that we should be at fault for the Dublin embassy not doing their job properly! When we went there they told us no need for nothing, like Sholt said. I has filled out G 325a forms right there and a lot of additional stuff that I was reading online on different websites that will be needed for processing however Dublin did not take them saying they do not need them and even told my husband he is free to go back to the States it is all on me now.

My husband was here a bit over 3 months as a family emergency arose in the States (his fathers health severly dropped and was fighting for his life). We thought he needs to come for the interview in January but Dublin said there is no need for that and he does not have to fly over here for anything else.

So yeah, they make it seem so easy, do not have a clue about how to even assist with paperwork nor anything else and in the end we are paying for it :(

My husband has called the State Department to advise of the way the embassy in Dublin deals with U.S. Citizens and that the staff is very rude and they just ackowledged by saying Yeah, we do get a lot of complaints about that office and apologized.

I sure hope they do not make my life more miserable :(

I was told 3-4 weeks also but the way the Dublin embassy works it is taking forever and then the mailing system now also.

On 25th Jan Dublin calls me saying the interview is cancelled and they are sending my file to the U.S. My husband calls everywhere asking what is going on. He was finally told by Dublin the following week Monday that the case has been sent to London to wait 3-4 weeks and I will get another apointment for the interview. We were happy and after a week checked up on it again since we knew how Dublin is. Then they tell him oh your file is still here awaiting additional documenation - G325a forms for you and your wife. I thought I will go mad! We get the papers together and I call them as I stated in the previous post to send them out to them. They say London will call you etc very rude and all, but I manage to keep her on the phone a few secs more to tell me when was it sent to London. She tells me Feb13th. So almost 3 weeks it took them to clear all this mess they created and I was waiting thinking that my papers will be here already after 3 -4 weeks, but they were not even in Lonodn yet! And then the brilliance of Irish postal services - no express post anywhere outside of Ireland no more. Grand! I wait 2weeks for the post to go and come back to me.

So this is all the waiting, over 2 months down the drain. It is the end of March and I am still here with no knowledge of what on earth is going on and when am I going to have the interview so I can finally put my life on track and my husband and I can begin our life together.

Again thank you all for your comments!

So, to get an idea of the process, I get the interview date (hopefully), I attend the interview myslef with all supporting documents (do you have any tips as per what I should bring? to me its very clear were a married couple because we want to be but I am wondering if the consular officers cannot see that? I do not want them to doubt me just because I do not have pictures they want or joint accounts (cannot have that anyway) or any of those things - I have pictures of us together some of his family pics, telephone bills since we really Waste sooo much money on the phone :( But I have been reading that you need a lot ot stuff - join accounts mortgages rent so many things -whoa)

So once you have the interview you are either approved or denied there and then? Then if you are approved the visa is done? and if you are not they advise you which waiver you should use etc? and then that is it for this side?

So when you are approved you fly to the States, can you work? where is the interview I have been reading about when you are both present and the officer akss you all kinds of questions to determne if you are indeed married out of love? What is the adjustment of status process like?

Thanks lads! :thumbs:

LIL Queen,

You may want to check Captain Ewok's thread on DCF BAsics, as well as the new changes due to Adam Walsh Law. I didn't read in your post anything about you sending back your checklist (aka Packet 3) - without this, you cannot get an interview... maybe you already did I don't know.

BEst of luck my friend - there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Lil' piece of advise... NEVER, NEVER, NEVER respond to nastiness with nastiness - the Consulate will ALWAYS win. I know it takes a lot of patience and word swallowing, but it's better I think.

Cheer up!!!! L.

Lil'Queen, I didn't mean to scare you! People who filed their I-130 petition before the end of January aren't having any trouble so far with the new residency law, but since the Dublin consulate sounds a bit... uneven... maybe you should try not to give them cause to resent you. And remember, they were just as caught off guard as you were; most of the staffers of consulates and USCIS I've spoken with have expressed frustration to me over how clueless they were about how to implement the new law. A lot of the chaos you're dealing with probably isn't Dublin's fault. Meauxna has been wisely advocating honey over vinegar...

Can't tell you which documents to bring to your interview, since each consulate is different, but once USCIS in London has "passed" your husband's petition, Dublin should send you a packet with information. For a general idea, though, do read that helpful DCF Guide. Since Dublin doesn't sound very communicative, read as much as you can as you wait for London to process your petition, so you have an idea of what to expect and how to prepare.

You are technically allowed to work as soon as you enter the USA on an IR-1 visa (which is what you should get), but in reality many people have to wait a few weeks for their Social Security Card to arrive. There's an active thread in this section of the forum titled something like, "Work Authorization after Visa" with helpful information.

Good luck and don't panic... you're in the process! :thumbs:

1/2007 - engaged

4/2007 - wedding

People who filed their I-130 petition before the end of January aren't having any trouble so far with the new residency law

...as far as I know from posts here. :)

1/2007 - engaged

4/2007 - wedding

Timeline

OK perhaps I should clear my record by stating that I have not expressed any of this outrage at anyone at the Embassy in Dublin. I've been very patient, calm etc no no no I'm not trying to get myself in any deeper D*oDo* lol

On the serious note, I have mentioned on my first post that I went to the Embassy on Sept 11th - got all the documents- packet 3 it seems it is called which i sent back - that is what I noted - sent ds 2001 and ds 230 and got back the packet 4? interview date and second part of ds 230 plus medical exam info.

Well the medical stuff are done, everything is done, I'm just waiting now :) Hopefully there is mail in my box tomorrow. Whooooaaa..

I have read so much about this stuff I thought my head will burst. Have taken a bit of a break from it waiting to hear from London or Dublin or anyone.

Does anyone actually know who contacts you? In my case, London or Dublin?

And yeesss I do hope you are right and since I filed last year well before January 07 I will get some kind of a break and an easier sm00th path :)

Good night all! :star:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
OK perhaps I should clear my record by stating that I have not expressed any of this outrage at anyone at the Embassy in Dublin. I've been very patient, calm etc no no no I'm not trying to get myself in any deeper D*oDo* lol

On the serious note, I have mentioned on my first post that I went to the Embassy on Sept 11th - got all the documents- packet 3 it seems it is called which i sent back - that is what I noted - sent ds 2001 and ds 230 and got back the packet 4? interview date and second part of ds 230 plus medical exam info.

Well the medical stuff are done, everything is done, I'm just waiting now :) Hopefully there is mail in my box tomorrow. Whooooaaa..

I have read so much about this stuff I thought my head will burst. Have taken a bit of a break from it waiting to hear from London or Dublin or anyone.

Does anyone actually know who contacts you? In my case, London or Dublin?

And yeesss I do hope you are right and since I filed last year well before January 07 I will get some kind of a break and an easier sm00th path :)

Good night all! :star:

Based on this post, and this one alone (of yours) I suspect that your interview will take place in Dublin, after they get the I-130 back from London. Other users have had good results by staying loosely in touch with their Consulate.. maybe you can check in every other week or so?

Who gave you the medical appointment, and where did you go? If Dublin, that is further evidence that your interview will take place there. That means that Dublin would contact you regarding an interview. They need to be your new best friends.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Dear all,

Could someone that already had an IR1 interview please enlighten me as per what I should expect? Is there anyone here that already had it in Dublin? I am just nervous and would appreciate all the input possible !

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.