Beautifulday

confusion to the maximum

39 posts in this topic

agreed. if you call the embassy you cam find out if they have received it. My case kept getting updated every day then on the 27th of august it wasnt touched again and i received my letter from the consulate today but that is london

We got our letter today from London too! When's your interview?

Edited by lizascissors

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Where do you see Status update?

I'm on our CEAC page, and we just paid our Affidavit of Support, but we don't see any status updates with a date?

6/24/2014 - I-130 Shipped via UPS to Chicago

6/26/2014 - I-130 Received and signed for at USCIS

7/1/2014 - E-mail of acceptance with Receipt number - NoA 1 (Routed to California Service Center)

07/15/2014 - Change of Address via phone call with USCIS, confirmation via e-mail.

7/30/2014 - I-130 Approved at USCIS - NoA 2 E-mail

08/13/2014 - NVC Received Approved I-130 package from USCIS

08/21/2014 - Case Number and IIN created at NVC

08/25/2014 - Case Number and IIN received via phone call. DS-261 Available and completed online.

8/26/2014 - AoS Fee invoiced and paid online.

8/28/2014 - AoS Invoice status PAID

09/04/2014 - Expedite Request response - Must enter Beneficiary Date of Birth - Re-sent exact e-mail with requested info

09/10/2014 - Expedite Request e-mail received as "Under Review"

09/11/2014 - Expedite Request Approved - Confirmation via e-mail from U.S. Embassy in Bucharest, Romania

09/16/2014 - Embassy Received Case from NVC

09/16/2014 - Received E-mail from Embassy to Schedule our Interview and prepare documents

9/23/2014 - Medical Exam at Regina Maria - Results OK

10/01/2014 - Visa Approved!

10/03/2014 - Received Passport with Visa!

11/2/2104 - PoE Atlanta - Welcome to the US!

11/5/2014 - Paid $165 ELIS Fee

8/1/2016 - I-751 Packet sent in for Removal of Conditions!

8/15/2016 - Notice of Action 1 for I-751 - California Service Center

9/29/2016 - Received Biometrics Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Where do you see Status update?

I'm on our CEAC page, and we just paid our Affidavit of Support, but we don't see any status updates with a date?

you paid affidavit of support, what......

and this is what im talking bout http://i.imgur.com/dUTbQMq.png

Timeline

Thank you, sorry for confusing you. I just didn't know if it was mentioned on the summary page of the ceac website when they made any updates to your case.

That is under Check Visa Status, we're at NVC so that was the information I needed, thank you :)

7/1/2014 - E-mail of acceptance with Receipt number - NoA 1 (Routed to California Service Center)

07/15/2014 - Change of Address via phone call with USCIS, confirmation via e-mail.

08/25/2014 - Case Number and IIN received via phone call. DS-261 Available and completed online.

09/04/2014 - Expedite Request response - Must enter Beneficiary Date of Birth - Re-sent exact e-mail with requested info

09/11/2014 - Expedite Request Approved - Confirmation via e-mail from U.S. Embassy in Bucharest, Romania

09/16/2014 - Received E-mail from Embassy to Schedule our Interview and prepare documents

Timeline

Thank you, sorry for confusing you. I just didn't know if it was mentioned on the summary page of the ceac website when they made any updates to your case.

That is under Check Visa Status, we're at NVC so that was the information I needed, thank you :)

sure, no problem, but why and how do you pay for the affidavit of support

Timeline

Oh we're filing for a CR-1 Visa, I didn't notice you were K-1, I should have private messaged you as not to throw this off topic.

But, to answer your question, we went to ceac.state.gov and entered our NVC information and the list of invoices and forms we need to send in or pay show there as they become available. :)

Timeline

Oh we're filing for a CR-1 Visa, I didn't notice you were K-1, I should have private messaged you as not to throw this off topic.

But, to answer your question, we went to ceac.state.gov and entered our NVC information and the list of invoices and forms we need to send in or pay show there as they become available. :)

oh ok, i was wondering there for a second, haha. it's all good. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

This may not be at all helpful, but we were in a similar situation. We waited over 2 weeks after the NVC said they sent our file to consulate - no word at all. We had received our letter from them and saw that our case was "ready" at CEAC. Nothing. I tried to call the consulate to no avail. We thought the packet might have gotten lost in the mail or something. So, I suggested to my fiance that he just go to the consulate personally and see if he could get answers, which he did. As it happens, they were running a bit behind because of Ramadan, so they hadn't sent it yet. He was able to pick up his packet and schedule his interview on the spot. Obviously, we're talking about totally different countries and different circumstances, but it might be worth a try. Might be a wasted trip, too...not familiar with how things work in Poland. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Timeline

This may not be at all helpful, but we were in a similar situation. We waited over 2 weeks after the NVC said they sent our file to consulate - no word at all. We had received our letter from them and saw that our case was "ready" at CEAC. Nothing. I tried to call the consulate to no avail. We thought the packet might have gotten lost in the mail or something. So, I suggested to my fiance that he just go to the consulate personally and see if he could get answers, which he did. As it happens, they were running a bit behind because of Ramadan, so they hadn't sent it yet. He was able to pick up his packet and schedule his interview on the spot. Obviously, we're talking about totally different countries and different circumstances, but it might be worth a try. Might be a wasted trip, too...not familiar with how things work in Poland. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

oh so your petition WAS at the embassy/consulate, they just didnt send u the notification about it cuz of a holiday?

Timeline

Yes, it was. Not sure how long we would have waited had he not gone there to find out what was going on.

Right, well I am going to try real hard to reach them monday....that immigration telephone line is open from 2pm to 4 pm so ill try to call as much as i can to get thru...

you paid affidavit of support, what......

and this is what im talking bout http://i.imgur.com/dUTbQMq.png

Just out of my curiosity. Did your fiance check his email? For some consulates, they sent email to the petitioner and asking for updating info for the beneficiary. It seems like your status was changed (again) today. Probably you will get something in the mail next week.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

Just out of my curiosity. Did your fiance check his email? For some consulates, they sent email to the petitioner and asking for updating info for the beneficiary. It seems like your status was changed (again) today. Probably you will get something in the mail next week.

if he had gotten an email he would of told me since he gets notifications on his phone so i dont think that's the case. i hope ill get it in the mail next week!! ill be calling them monday too. its been like 10 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.