2,417 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Dear All

Kindly provide help on the earliest possible time my application will be due for processing.

AOS: Paid
Preference Category: F3
Your Priority Date: 25Jul2007
Foreign State Chargeability: NIGERIA

Thanks

damdam

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Respected Members,

My Grandfather filed F3 case for my father ( for his son and family ) and our priority date is February 2000. Our case got terminated in 2007 due to the loss of my grandfather. Then my uncle took the case as a co-petitioner and after 4 years in 2012 they accepted our case again. Now we are awaiting Interview appointment letter. I am 25 years old now. So my question from all of F3's is that does CSPA apply on me ? Am I eligible for this yet ? As George Bush in 2002 passed an Act which is CSPA ( Child's Status Protection Act ) . According to which if anyone's petition got approved after 2002 then CSPA will automatically apply on it. And according to which the duration from the filing the petition until the approval of it doesn't count. In our case it is 6 years. And my second question is that do the time when our petition got temporarily suspended until it was approved again will also be counted ?

If anyone is going through such conditions or if anyone knows anything about this please guide me. Quick responses will be highly appreciated.

-Thanks in advance

Timeline

Respected Members,

My Grandfather filed F3 case for my father ( for his son and family ) in 2000 and Our PD is Feb 2000 and our petition got accepted in 2006 ( i.e. after 6 years ). Our case got terminated in 2007 due to the loss of my grandfather. Then my uncle took the case as a co-petitioner and after 4 years in 2012 they accepted our case again. Now we are awaiting Interview appointment. I am 25 now. So my question is, Am I eligible for this yet ? As George Bush passed a bill in 2002 according to which if they approve any immigration case after 2002 then automatically CSPA ( Child's Status Protection Act ) will be applied on it which says that the duration from filing the case to the approving of the petition will not be counted. In our case it is almost 6 years. And my another question is will they count the time period when our case got suspended, after the loss of my grandfather until the case got approved again ?

If anyone had or has been faced these conditions please guide me which can benefit me. Quick responses will be highly appreciated.

-Thanks in advance

Filed: Timeline

Respected Members,

My Grandfather filed F3 case for my father ( for his son and family ) in 2000 and Our PD is Feb 2000 and our petition got accepted in 2006 ( i.e. after 6 years ). Our case got terminated in 2007 due to the loss of my grandfather. Then my uncle took the case as a co-petitioner and after 4 years in 2012 they accepted our case again. Now we are awaiting Interview appointment. I am 25 now. So my question is, Am I eligible for this yet ? As George Bush passed a bill in 2002 according to which if they approve any immigration case after 2002 then automatically CSPA ( Child's Status Protection Act ) will be applied on it which says that the duration from filing the case to the approving of the petition will not be counted. In our case it is almost 6 years. And my another question is will they count the time period when our case got suspended, after the loss of my grandfather until the case got approved again ?

If anyone had or has been faced these conditions please guide me which can benefit me. Quick responses will be highly appreciated.

-Thanks in advance

search cspa calculator on google and punch in all date. hopefully that will give you better idea.

Timeline

search cspa calculator on google and punch in all date. hopefully that will give you better idea.

@sachin I have Used CSPA calculator and it comes to be 19 years and some months. I want to ask that does Embassy really take into account the CSPA at the time of interview ? And for 5 years our case got temporarily suspended. Will they count that time period as well ? Please guide me in this regard. I will really appreciate your efforts.

-Thanks

Timeline

Hi all friends,

Does anyone received interview letter from NVC ?

Priority dates are jan to feb 2004.

Plz share information.

Thanks.

I am also waiting for the Interview Letter from NVC. We sent our packet IV exact 2 months earlier and they said they will take 60 working days to complete their review and then will tell us what to do next. It should have come by now. but still nothing from them :/

I am also waiting for the Interview Letter from NVC. We sent our packet IV exact 2 months earlier and they said they will take 60 working days to complete their review and then will tell us what to do next. It should have come by now. but still nothing from them :/

some time it take more then 60 days.

if your pd is jan-2004 you should have got interview letter because current visa date is feb-8. call

@sachin I have Used CSPA calculator and it comes to be 19 years and some months. I want to ask that does Embassy really take into account the CSPA at the time of interview ? And for 5 years our case got temporarily suspended. Will they count that time period as well ? Please guide me in this regard. I will really appreciate your efforts.

-Thanks

I am not a lawyer just someone like you whole relative is aboard

Anyway if calculator says you under age then your name should pop up.

My friend's brother is in india and when they file he has no kids and not married. Then about a year ago they send email and birth,marriage certi via mail

his file just got open and all his family's name came in it.

call and email. may be in few try you should get some answer.

But they do not calculate CSPA over the phone and will tell you that they will count it all at time of interview.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am not a lawyer just someone like you whole relative is aboard

Anyway if calculator says you under age then your name should pop up.

My friend's brother is in india and when they file he has no kids and not married. Then about a year ago they send email and birth,marriage certi via mail

his file just got open and all his family's name came in it.

call and email. may be in few try you should get some answer.

But they do not calculate CSPA over the phone and will tell you that they will count it all at time of interview.

Just helping Sachin to rephrase his comments...You are eligible for CSPA and your name should be seen now online, if not then call / email NVC ( As you know it is tough to reach NVC), but still try and talk to them on this CSPA....They will note down your details and still may tell you that they will calculate the CSPA age only at the time of the Interview...

Good Luck

Timeline

How can I see my name online ? Did I miss something ? I didn't get your point. Will appreciate if you clear that point to me . Thanks

Just helping Sachin to rephrase his comments...You are eligible for CSPA and your name should be seen now online, if not then call / email NVC ( As you know it is tough to reach NVC), but still try and talk to them on this CSPA....They will note down your details and still may tell you that they will calculate the CSPA age only at the time of the Interview...

Good Luck

Timeline

Hi,

Shobby what is ur priority date?

Does anybody received COA letter ?

Which are priority dates july august and september 2004. Plz share information. Greatly thanks.

My priority date is February2000. Our case got suspended for 5 years. And now waiting for Interview Appointment Letter.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

you need to check ur name online on ceac website using ur case number and invoice id number...

Go to the below mentioned links :

https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

How can I see my name online ? Did I miss something ? I didn't get your point. Will appreciate if you clear that point to me . Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.