2,417 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

my paperwork was all in some time ago but our priority date is April 2005...so i guess we have ages to wait??? again!!!!

Could be worse. You could have a pd of August 2005. Keep a stiff upper lip, there's a good ole chap or chapesss.....lol. I wouldn't be surprised if someone from either NVC or the Department of State is reading this forum and having a good laugh at our expense. :rofl:

Priority date 9th December 2004. Interview email received 31/08/2016. Medicals completed 12/09/2016 and received 20/09/2016. Interview done at Montreal on 03/10/2016. Visas issued 17th November 2016. Passports received 21/11/2016.

Filed: Timeline

I asked NVC about this and the agent I spoke with couldn't give me an answer. According to the bulletin the retrogression (if) it happens will only be temporary i.e. for September. From October it should pick up from the last current date which is the 1st of December 2004 so I would think we should see movement, but I could be wrong.

Hello.

You cannot ask NVC to make a visa number available, you still have to wait like everyone else. From my experience, your son will be flagged up on the system automatically for CSPA review. If you have already submitted the DS-230 for your son, then NVC should have processed that. Once your application is sent to the embassy/consulate in your country, they will make the final CSPA determination and if eligible, your son will be called for interview along with the rest of the family i.e. all together.

Hello friend,

Thanks so much for your response...

We are already done with all documents submission and that our case is complete since May 9, 2016.

We need to cultivate patience!

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hello- hoping to get some advice with the following which i posted elsewhere- thanks

Hello
I wasn't sure where to post this so please feel free to delete if in wrong section - i have posted it here and in F3

My priority date ( April 2005) F3 / I have no idea when our date will actually become current due to no movement for the past few months etc - All our and the petitioner paperwork was completed 2 months agao and submitted to NVC and they have confirmed all documents submitted and nothing outstanding- we now just have to wait and wait!!

i am the main applicant ( Married daughter over 21 of US Citizen)- the beneficiaries are my husband and 2 daughters....

My question is this please and i could do with your advise- if any of daughters were to marry in the next 12 months or so and if our priority date is still not current due to no movement/ retrogression etc...does this then mean that they would no longer be included in this petition??
thanks

Filed: Timeline

hello- hoping to get some advice with the following which i posted elsewhere- thanks

Hello

I wasn't sure where to post this so please feel free to delete if in wrong section - i have posted it here and in F3

My priority date ( April 2005) F3 / I have no idea when our date will actually become current due to no movement for the past few months etc - All our and the petitioner paperwork was completed 2 months agao and submitted to NVC and they have confirmed all documents submitted and nothing outstanding- we now just have to wait and wait!!

i am the main applicant ( Married daughter over 21 of US Citizen)- the beneficiaries are my husband and 2 daughters....

My question is this please and i could do with your advise- if any of daughters were to marry in the next 12 months or so and if our priority date is still not current due to no movement/ retrogression etc...does this then mean that they would no longer be included in this petition??

thanks

Hello skyland235,

If any of your daughters (F3 visa beneficiary) gets married, they shall loose the 'Unmarried Child' status;

hence officially they cannot be included in F3 visa application.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Your daughters can stay unmarried and live with their partners.

My nephew is living with his girlfriend and their child. The petitioner is an LPR. An LPR can not file for a married child. My unmarried nephew will be immigrating to the US next year with his son. After they get their green cards, he will return to marry his girlfriend and file for her.

If my nephew marries his girlfriend before he immigrates, he would need to wait another 13-14 years while his father naturalizes and can file for a married child.

Timeline

Hello

thanks

As mcm2004 stated they would lose their status and hence would not be eligible for a visa. The only thing you could then do is get your visa and then submit an F3 petition for them. I would suggest that they not get married in the 12 months. Hopefully you will have a cleared the whole process by then. At the end of the day it is their call and how much value they place on obtaining a US immigration visa. I'd suggest doing a Google for LPR and sponsoring an immigrant.

Edited by EdgeOfTomorrow

Priority date 9th December 2004. Interview email received 31/08/2016. Medicals completed 12/09/2016 and received 20/09/2016. Interview done at Montreal on 03/10/2016. Visas issued 17th November 2016. Passports received 21/11/2016.

Timeline

As mcm2004 stated they would lose their status and hence would not be eligible for a visa. The only thing you could then do is get your visa and then submit an F3 petition for them. I would suggest that they not get married in the 12 months. Hopefully you will have a cleared the whole process by then. At the end of the day it is their call and how much value they place on obtaining a US immigration visa. I'd suggest doing a Google for LPR and sponsoring an immigrant.

Only US citizens can file an I-130 for married children.

This is an F-3 family based immigration case. The OP will be an LPR. She can not file for her married daughters. She would need to wait 5 years to be eligible for US citizenship. After that she can file and it will be another 13 years. So 18+ years.

Timeline

Only US citizens can file an I-130 for married children.

This is an F-3 family based immigration case. The OP will be an LPR. She can not file for her married daughters. She would need to wait 5 years to be eligible for US citizenship. After that she can file and it will be another 13 years. So 18+ years.

Thanks for pointing out my error. What I should have said is once they obtain their citizenship then they can apply for their married daughter. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

In the previous visa bulletin (July 2016), NVC did predict that F3 category would move "UP TO 2 WEEKS IN AUGUST & SEPTEMBER 2016" (the last 2 months of this NVC fiscal year). However, F3 stood still in AUGUST visa bulletin - no movement at all. Also, NVC gave us another prediction on SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER visa bulletins (retrogression in SEP & return in OCT).

Do you think we should believe in their predictions? Cause the previous one wasn't correct (and also many others if you've been following them). Any chance that the next visa bulletin will be different?

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

In the previous visa bulletin (July 2016), NVC did predict that F3 category would move "UP TO 2 WEEKS IN AUGUST & SEPTEMBER 2016" (the last 2 months of this NVC fiscal year). However, F3 stood still in AUGUST visa bulletin - no movement at all. Also, NVC gave us another prediction on SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER visa bulletins (retrogression in SEP & return in OCT).

Do you think we should believe in their predictions? Cause the previous one wasn't correct (and also many others if you've been following them). Any chance that the next visa bulletin will be different?

Hi minhmapdich,

May be but it depend

On the visa numbers of this fiscal year ,I think Nvc has not visa allocated numbers,therefore retrogress is must in the September, but

Hope for the best,be positive.

Timeline

Up to two weeks means 0-14 days. It moved 0 days, so the July VB is correct.

There is no way to predict PD movements. Every month, the State Dept. collects data from the various visa units and adjust the PD for the following months based on how many visas are left.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.