2,417 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

eddie your case would not b take long time coz its just starting fiscal year.might b late little bit coz of your son not more than 3months.

Yes, this is the positive side now that it is the beginning of the fiscal year. I have waited 12 years, I can wait few more months :)

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

This is what website shows

Phone:

Circulation Desk: (022) 26724024

Reference Desk: (022) 26724231

Email: libref@state.gov

Hours:

Monday through Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

This is the working hours for the american library RDT, the website is saying monday through friday for all other departments.

I suggest strongly to call NVC now, anyway now they are not busy,they will answer the call immediately, you better clear the confusion.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Means actually I don't have to book for 19th

Yes your appointment is booked by NVC. check notarial appointment dates for clearing your doubts.

Category F3                                                                       Documents submitted --  3 February 2017

PD 01 August 2005                                                          Case Complete --             17 October 2017

Case approval 09 January 2006                                    VB month for PD to be current -- November 2017

Changeability Rest of World                                           IL received --                                   10 January 2018

Invoice ID Available                                                          Interview Date --                             12 April  2018

Case open 28 September 2016                                     Status with AP                                 17 April 2018                                 

Welcome Letter 30 September 2016                            Status with Issued                          18 April 2018       

Invoice Paid -- 28 December 2016

DS 260 filled --  2 February 2017 

Timeline

I mailed in my documents (it was too much and way above the allowed size). I have used online CSPA calculator and I think my son qualifies under CSPA. My son is now 22, but he gets 5 years deduction from CSPA so he is still well below the limit. He is actually my step-son (my wife's son) and I married my wife after the initial application was filed. That is the reason why he was not included in there.

I understand how much of a pain it is trying to email the documents. After speaking to NVC, we were told to send two separate emails, one with petitioner/sponsor docs and the other with all of the civil docs, which is what we did. With all due respect to lovely68, from my experience, I wouldn't trust NVC to add your son's name to the application especially if your case is complete. What I learned from my interactions with NVC is that the call centre staff are not all giving out the same information. My son was eligible under CSPA and they removed him from the application without any notification whatsoever. We only found out what we needed to do after we asked when we had already received our IL.

Again, with all due respect to lovely68, how one Consulate/Embassy handles a case is not the same as how it would be handled in another country. I would suggest calling NVC again and ask regarding the status of your son's application and if they can't give you a clear answer, politely insist on speaking to supervisor. Also, I would suggest using the public inquiry form on the NVC website.

We were extremely lucky in that even though we asked for a supervisor and that he/she said they were too busy to speak to us, the rep we were speaking with was very professional in that she actually went away twice and confirmed each time with the supervisor what we needed to do. Some of the call centre reps are just lazy and will do as little as possible and get you off the phone. We took her advice and we got our son through CSPA.

Priority date 9th December 2004. Interview email received 31/08/2016. Medicals completed 12/09/2016 and received 20/09/2016. Interview done at Montreal on 03/10/2016. Visas issued 17th November 2016. Passports received 21/11/2016.

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yaaaaaaaaahooooooooooo

Approved my visa,

Yesterday my visa status changed in issued,

Thank God ,

Now waiting for passports.

Thanks for all forum members,

Best of luck all of you.

congratulations please share the experience and question it will help us because i m also from Pakistan Edited by neel99

Timeline

Yaaaaaaaaahooooooooooo

Approved my visa,

Yesterday my visa status changed in issued,

Thank God ,

Now waiting for passports.

Thanks for all forum members,

Best of luck all of you.

Congratulations. Now get packing.

Priority date 9th December 2004. Interview email received 31/08/2016. Medicals completed 12/09/2016 and received 20/09/2016. Interview done at Montreal on 03/10/2016. Visas issued 17th November 2016. Passports received 21/11/2016.

Hi MQL

Congratulations on getting your visas issued.

Can you share your experience If you travelled to Islamabad from another city.

That will be very helpful for people coming from different cities.

Thanks and regards

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Did anyone with April 2006 date fill out their DS261 yet or sent in their AOS?

Edited by Ingrid28

Service Center - Texas

I -130 sent - October 26, 2013

NOA 1 - November 07, 2013

RFE - May 06, 2014

RFE Hard Copy Received - May 12, 2014 (2 passport size photo for the petitioner)

RFE Sent - May 15, 2014

NOA 2 - May 29, 2014

National Visa Center

NVC Received - 18/06/2014

Fill out DS - 261 Form & submit - 08/07/2014

Pay AOS Fee - 25/07/2014

Send AOS Package - 02/08/2014

NVC Receive AOS Package - 04/08/2014

Receive IV Bill - 28/08/2014

Send IV Package - 28/08/2014

Pay IV Bill - 30/08/2014

Case Complete - October 21, 2014

Interview Date - December 05, 2014 rescheduled from December 29, 2014

Interview Result - Approved

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

congratulations please share the experience and question it will help us because i m also from Pakistan

Thanks neel,

Sorry for late reply,

Only checked my birth certificates and Nikkahnama original,

And co was very nice and friendly,

Only 2 questions co asked me,

1: when your petitioner immigrant to US?

2: whose sponsored your petitioner?

That's it ,

If you are confident then everything will be easy for you.

God bless you and

Good luck:)

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks neel,

Sorry for late reply,

Only checked my birth certificates and Nikkahnama original,

And co was very nice and friendly,

Only 2 questions co asked me,

1: when your petitioner immigrant to US?

2: whose sponsored your petitioner?

That's it ,

If you are confident then everything will be easy for you.

God bless you and

Good luck:)

thanx MQL for your positive respone Insha Allah you will have a successful journey and a bright future in USA. Are you from karachi and when you reach embassy how long it will take to complete the process now my priority date 8th February is very close so i just curious to be more informative again thanx and best of luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.