second stage

Miami Passport Agency - Applying to expedite passport

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Has anyone recently expedited their passport at the Miami passport agency ?

We may have to expedite in October 2014 and if someone can post their experience, that would be helpful.

Mom sponsoring for her son(my brother)

06/15/2010 : I-130 for son
06/23/2010 : Check Cashed
06/26/2010 : Received NOA
03/20/2012 : Received RFE(I-797E)
05/23/2012: Application approved after RFE response
06/29/2012: Received letter from NVC

06/03/2015: Change petition from F1 to F3 category

Checklist :
1. I-751(ROC)
2. Parents AOS
3. I-130(Son)
4. N-400(Spouse)

5. N-400(Parents)

6. K-1 & AOS & ROC TimeLine

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

Posting our experience at the Miami Passport Agency.

As part of "National Passport Awareness" month, this location was open on Saturday. We found out like 10 days ago and called the automated line to make an appointment.

Our appointment was at 9AM and we drove for couple of hours to reach Miami from Tampa. Parking fees at the OMNI building is outrageous. You can park at the College Station public parking garage and then take the Metromover to the passport office.

The security guards ask people who have appointments and don't have an appointment to form separate lines. They ask for your confirmation number so make sure you write down when you call the automated line.

We were like the 10th person in line when we reached the counter. We talked to the clerk and spoke about the immediate travel need that we had, the distance we travelled etc and that we are requesting same-day passport. The clerk immediately said they cannot accommodate but we politely let the clerk know our needs and after a good 10 minutes clerk talked to their supervisor and got approval to do same-day passport.

They checked our documents, re-checked it, checked the flight itinerary, asked us to take Oath and then said will process it and asked us to show up at 1PM to pick up our passports.

We showed up at 1PM and after about 10 minutes were called and picked up our passports. At this time, there were people still waiting in line and the room probably had like 150-200 people...

Overall, it was a semi-positive experience. I was hoping that after paying $195 for our passports, we expected quick service and it's apparent that unless you push for same-day passport(provided you really need it), they will try to suggest that, they can overnight in about 5 business days when you pay the additional expedited fee otherwise, you'll get it back in 3-4 weeks.

• $110 - Passport Book
  • $60 - Expedited at Agency
  • $25 - Execution Fee

In the end, If I needed a same-day passport, it's worth the drive to Miami.....

Edited by second stage

Mom sponsoring for her son(my brother)

06/15/2010 : I-130 for son
06/23/2010 : Check Cashed
06/26/2010 : Received NOA
03/20/2012 : Received RFE(I-797E)
05/23/2012: Application approved after RFE response
06/29/2012: Received letter from NVC

06/03/2015: Change petition from F1 to F3 category

Checklist :
1. I-751(ROC)
2. Parents AOS
3. I-130(Son)
4. N-400(Spouse)

5. N-400(Parents)

6. K-1 & AOS & ROC TimeLine

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.