11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

hey guys !

I just saw on the uscis website where u cn give your case nr nd check the staatus

I have seen its on RFE right now

I ws just wondering

1 could it be just a mistke on behlf of the website ?

2 I have alwys seen RFE's for sponsorships on this website (visjour,ney) most of the tiome though

re there other resons why u cAN get RFE ( exepts stupid mostkes like forgetting signture etc .. )

regrds

Any possible question that they may have that needs documentation, be it a signature or a copy of some evidence that you didn't include, any of it could lead to an RFE. After all,an RFE is just a request for evidence. They will send you a hard copy in the mail telling you exactly what it is that they want from you. Once it comes, just get the information they need and send it back. Generally speaking, an RFE means they are looking at your case and as long as you can provide what they ask, you should then be good to go.

FILE FOR K-1 Adjustment of Status Removal of Conditions

January 31.2010 - Met Online April 10, 2014 - Mailed in I-485 + I-765 March 19, 2016 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

February 20, 2011 - Met in Person April 14, 2014 - Forms arrived at Chicago Lockbox March 23, 2016 - I-751 arrived at CSC

July 28, 2012 - Engaged April 17, 2014 - Acceptance email arrived stating case forwarded to NBC March 23, 2016 - NOA1 Date (received March 28)

February 5, 2013 - Mailed I-129F to Lewisville, TX April 27, 2014 - Received letter for Biometrics appointment April 20, 2016 - Biometrics scheduled (incomplete due to dry cracked skin)

February 6, 2013 - USPS Receipt/Delivered I-129F April 28, 2014 - Received Acceptance NOA1 hard copies for AOS and EAD May 13, 2016 - Walk in Biometrics Completed

February 8, 2013 - NOA1 Notice Date May 12, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment Done September 27, 2016 - ROC Approved (Checked status via website w/receipt #)

February 11, 2013 - Bank shows check cashed today May 15, 2014 - Interview Schedule Letter (received May 17, 2014) October 6, 2016 - Card Arrived

February 11, 2013 - E-Mail Notification of Case Acceptance and June 5, 2014 - Interview Scheduled at Local office 8:15 a.m.

Case Number (Routed to California Service Center) June 11, 2014 - USCIS Status updated to show Greencard in the mail

February 12, 2013 - E Mail Notification of Alien Registration Number Change w/USPS tracking showing it scheduled to arrive

February 15, 2013 - Hard Copy NOA1 received June 14, 2014

June 5, 2013 - Email notice of RFE June 13, 2014 - GreenCard arrived

June 6, 2013 - RFE postmarked

June 10, 2013 - RFE arrived in the mail

June 11, 2013 - RFE mailed back Express USPS

June 12, 2013 - RFE received @ CSC / USCIS website updated to reflect this

June 20, 2013 - I-129F Approved

June 24, 2013 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received

June 28, 2013 - NVC Assigned Case Number

July 2, 2013 - NVC shipped case to London

July 9, 2013 - London Received Case File

July 13, 2013 - Packet 3 Instructions Received

July 17, 2013 - Packet 3 Forms Mailed (Except DS-2001)

July 30, 2013 - DS-2001 sent (arrived July 31)

July 30, 2013 - Medical Scheduled (and completed w/no issues)

August 5th - Medical Results Logged in

August 8th - DS-2001 Logged in

August 20, 2013 - Interview Date Set

September 17, 2013 - Interview at 8:00 a.m. (APPROVED)

Waiting for VISA...

September 25, 2013 - Visa Delivered

October 8, 2013 - POE Las Vegas, NV

October 11, 2013 - Married

October 13th - HOME

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

i have had my biometrics already so what if it takes long for me to get the evidence..

will I wait longer for my EAD? if not and I get it befire I even sent the evidence they request ? how long is this EAD valid actually ??

regards

You said in your other thread that you had your EAD, now you ask if you will wait longer for it?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Anna means at her AoS interview, normally only one, or none in my case.

Do you think you have had an interview then?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

what ? how do u mean rfe on interview ? will there be a secpnd interview ??

You can get an RFE at anytime, even at the interview. The IO can request you provide additional documentation before the green card will be approved.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

what ? how do u mean rfe on interview ? will there be a secpnd interview ??

Our AOS NOA1 date was 18 July 2013.

I got my EAD/AP card in September 2013 (expedited).

I got called to an AOS interview in Chicago in June 2014. By that time, we had moved to Kansas (which we had notified USCIS of in May 2014 and they had acknowledged).

We then had a rescheduled AOS interview on 7 August 2014 in Kansas City, MO. At the beginning of the interview, the officer handed me an RFE regarding my medical in the UK. The interview continued and we were approved conditional on resolving the medical issue. We got an appointment with a civil surgeon the same day and our application went to 'card production' a couple of days later.

So you can get an RFE during the interview! A bit annoying because, had we known sooner, we could have taken to required paperwork with us to the interview. And I still don't think I should have got an RFE as I came on a K1. But it's difficult to argue with someone when they have your future in their hands.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.