courageous girl

Tourist Visa for a minor is easier to get than a child above 17?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi

Can anyone help me in answering the query:

A minor child (under 17 as per US website is a minor) has better chances of getting a tourist visa applying for the first time with parents (who also have not visited US before)? Are the chances better than a child above 17, like may be an age of 28? Also please note the point of application would be Islamabad, Paksiatn.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Each tourist application is adjudicated on its own merit. And a person who is 28 is not a child they are an adult

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

well I got it with no problem back in 2008 but I was in Ap for 7 months.

What was ur age when u applied for tourist visa? And why in AP for tourist visa? Isn't AP only for Immigrant visas?

actually, I want to know whose chances are better when proving that the applicant shall return to home country: An under 17 minor OR an adult of lets say 30 years?

For other factors: the under 17 minor is a University Student, with current University admission in Pakistan. While the 30 yrs old Adult is a private primary school teacher lady. Both have never applied or been to US before. Also, they want to apply with their respective parents who also have never been to US before. Tourist visas.

Timeline

Each tourist application is adjudicated on its own merit. And a person who is 28 is not a child they are an adult

good luck

actually, I want to know whose chances are better when proving that the applicant shall return to home country: An under 17 minor OR an adult of 30 years?

For other factors: the under 17 minor is a University Student, with current University admission in Pakistan. While the 30 yrs old Adult is a private primary school teacher lady. Both have never applied or been to US before. Also, they want to apply with their respective parents who also have never been to US before. Tourist visas.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

What was ur age when u applied for tourist visa? And why in AP for tourist visa? Isn't AP only for Immigrant visas?

actually, I want to know whose chances are better when proving that the applicant shall return to home country: An under 17 minor OR an adult of lets say 30 years?

I was under 18 ,college student and ap applies for both categories. my dad had it in non-immigrant as well as immigrant both for like 6-7 months

Timeline

I was under 18 ,college student and ap applies for both categories. my dad had it in non-immigrant as well as immigrant both for like 6-7 months

Ok thx. and did u apply with ur parents? Did ur parents had any US travel history when u applied or were they also applying for first time ?

I want to know that a minor studing in university has a good chance of applying if any of his parents already have visited US or when even no one from family has visited US before, but still the minor can get tourist visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Judging from what has been said I would not expect much difference.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.