nab-400

Tracking 60 days

688 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

this is ridiculous....62 days to look at a simple checklist...i cant believe DOS actually contracted all the employees at NVC from a private company. Federal employees are not allowed to behave like this...I checked the AOS status on ceac and it still says paid, not "N/A" which is what some folks believe is a good sign. Maybe this is their goal--to make applicants give up, resulting in a backlog reduction.

this is ridiculous....62 days to look at a simple checklist...i cant believe DOS actually contracted all the employees at NVC from a private company. Federal employees are not allowed to behave like this...I checked the AOS status on ceac and it still says paid, not "N/A" which is what some folks believe is a good sign. Maybe this is their goal--to make applicants give up, resulting in a backlog reduction.

I would say call tomorrow at exactly 7 am. I'm sure they would have had an update for you today if they were open. Hang on! Tomorrow for sure. Please, let us know tomorrow what your update is.

I would say call tomorrow at exactly 7 am. I'm sure they would have had an update for you today if they were open. Hang on! Tomorrow for sure. Please, let us know tomorrow what your update is

I promise I will! Not gonna to lie...I'm expecting the worst, bc this whole process has been just awful. I'm expecting something like..."yaa..approved...and the embassy says it'll be another year before we can get your wife an appointment".

To give everyone some background, my wife is in Iraq. The visa dept on Baghdad is not processing very many, if any, immigrant visas right now bc of ISIS. My wife, who happens to be in a really safe area-Kurdistan-was told that when NVC approves her papers, she'll have to travel to baghdad for the interview. Presently, Kurdistan shares most of its borders with ISIS than Iraq (crazy, right?!), so there was no way in hell i was going to be okay with her travelling to baghdad. So i fought like hell to have her papers transferred to turkey--i.e. get a new case number, etc. Initially, when I asked to have her reassigned, i was told that if my wife didnt want to risk travelling, that would be her problem--no understanding at all whatsoever of how incredibly dangerous that part of the world is--followed by a subsequent "click" when i demanded to speak to a supervisor. Eventually, I got someone nice and her case number was changed to reflect turkey-but that was four months ago. Then came the checklist in December, scanned Dec. 2, and the line's been cold ever since.

Fingers crossed I hear something positive tomorrow....because if I have to hear that script one more time, I'm going to need a few pints of mint chocolate chip cookie dough to drown my sorrows.

Edited by bg509

I promise I will! Not gonna to lie...I'm expecting the worst, bc this whole process has been just awful. I'm expecting something like..."yaa..approved...and the embassy says it'll be another year before we can get your wife an appointment".

To give everyone some background, my wife is in Iraq. The visa dept on Baghdad is not processing very many, if any, immigrant visas right now bc of ISIS. My wife, who happens to be in a really safe area-Kurdistan-was told that when NVC approves her papers, she'll have to travel to baghdad for the interview. Presently, Kurdistan shares most of its borders with ISIS than Iraq (crazy, right?!), so there was no way in hell i was going to be okay with her travelling to baghdad. So i fought like hell to have her papers transferred to turkey--i.e. get a new case number, etc. Initially, when I asked to have her reassigned, i was told that if my wife didnt want to risk travelling, that would be her problem--no understanding at all whatsoever of how incredibly dangerous that part of the world is--followed by a subsequent "click" when i demanded to speak to a supervisor. Eventually, I got someone nice and her case number was changed to reflect turkey-but that was four months ago. Then came the checklist in December, scanned Dec. 2, and the line's been cold ever since.

Fingers crossed I hear something positive tomorrow....because if I have to hear that script one more time, I'm going to need a few pints of mint chocolate chip cookie dough to drown my sorrows.

Wow! That sounds rough! I'm sorry for what you are going through.I will keep you in my prayers. I wish you nothing but good news tomorrow.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

bg509 I'm sorry to hear abt ur difficulties, I know Nvc can be a pain in the ### but don't loose faith, call them tomorrow u will get ur cc (case complete). I will keep u and ur wife in my prayers. God Bless.

I'm on the verge of tears right now....I just spoke with them on the phone and they said the signature doesn't look like an original bc they think it might be a copy. But it's 100% an original!!! I don't know what to do...they said they'd put it in supervisory review....but man oh man....another 60 days?? for something that isn't even true! they said the documents are complete otherwise!

I'm on the verge of tears right now....I just spoke with them on the phone and they said the signature doesn't look like an original bc they think it might be a copy. But it's 100% an original!!! I don't know what to do...they said they'd put it in supervisory review....but man oh man....another 60 days?? for something that isn't even true! they said the documents are complete otherwise!

I don't think a supervisor review takes another 60 days, in any event this is heart breaking to hear. I feel so bad. The sad thing about it is you had to wait 60+ days to find this out!! Why?

someone should have more info on how long this review will take. Right now you are stuck my friend. It doesn't even make sense to submit the document again (I think).

No, the supervisor review doesnt, but I know a lot of people ask for supervisor reviews so it could take a while. It's risky bc if you don't ask for a supervisor review, your 60 days starts again now. But if you do ask for one and the supervisor decides the nvc guys were right the first time, it's 60 days on top of the time it takes a supervisor to review. I kept telling my wife the cc would be any day now...I dont think I can break her heart and tell her it could be another 60 days...plus 2 months for an interview...this is just too overwhelming...

Hi i just received my CC complete yesterday and my scan date was 9 December 14.

Congrats!

bg509 I'm sorry to hear abt ur difficulties, I know Nvc can be a pain in the ### but don't loose faith, call them tomorrow u will get ur cc (case complete). I will keep u and ur wife in my prayers. God Bless.

Any luck with an interview date as yet? What about the other case you were waiting on?

Hello peeps,

I am also on the 60 days tracking. I have a scan date for my wife's civil docs submission on Dec 10. I am waiting patiently for her CC. My sons docs+AOS packet scan date was Jan 22. Usually NVC will wait for both to be CC and schedule one interview. If i wait for my sons CC it be sometime in mid March to April!!!! Can I just ask NVC to give me interview date for Wife and wife to go to interview by her self and hopefully the interviewer request son to come in and join the interview with her? I know medical must be completed for both.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

sorry to hear that. Please explain this to supervisor. Hopefully, you get your CC after supervisor review. Wish you best of luck

Case Completed!!! Now they are waiting for the other case! The representative said to email asknvc@state.org??? The email request will take forever to be given the interview date. What can I do?

Hello peeps,

I am also on the 60 days tracking. I have a scan date for my wife's civil docs submission on Dec 10. I am waiting patiently for her CC. My sons docs+AOS packet scan date was Jan 22. Usually NVC will wait for both to be CC and schedule one interview. If i wait for my sons CC it be sometime in mid March to April!!!! Can I just ask NVC to give me interview date for Wife and wife to go to interview by her self and hopefully the interviewer request son to come in and join the interview with her? I know medical must be completed for both.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.