9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey how is it going guys? My name is Daniel I am a USC. I petitioned my wife and step daughter, they had tehir interview a few hoursago here in Ciudad Juarez, unfortunately my wife was denied her visa, she has a 10 year ban sine apr of 2006. She was marked for 6C1, 9A2, and 9C2. It also states she can present her I-601 and I-212 after April of 2016.

My question is can I apply for a waiver beforehand proving a form of extreme hardship? What would the process be and would she have to go to another interview? Thanks for the help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

No. You have to wait for the full 10 years.

Looks like, just browsing the sections she was denied under, that she EWI (entered without inspection) was deported (with a ban) and returned EWI again. This is an automatic life-time ban with no waiver available for 10 years. It also looks like she attempted to obtain a non-immigrant visa or cross the border with false documents.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sorry if I misspell, am writing from a iPad. That is unfortunate, before her interview she had the ten year ban, I had the paper but when I filed the I-130 the paper was lost. She had been deported once and then deported again, the second time is when they banned her for the 10 years. She was deported in 2006. Like I said my step daughters case was accepted and we also have a 2 year old daughter that is also a USC. So we can't submit anything ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Gives you time to prepare the waiver, the chance of a well prepared waiver being refused is very low.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

She has no arguments for any relief right now she has to

wait for full 10 yrs, (it could have been 20 yrs) due to trying

to re-enter after deportation, keep the I 130 petition alive by

contacting the embassy every yr until she can file waiver by

sending email to embassy & calling NVC this will save money

& time, about 90 days B4 her ban is up contact them for interview

& medical dates. You can start collecting stuff and hardship info

for waiver since it takes some time to put together

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I 601

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.