13 posts in this topic

ME and my wife have been married for a 1 month what do we use to send with i130 to prove relationship, when I stay in U,S and she stays in Jamaica and I cant put her name on anything in the U,S because she is not here in the U,S we have phone records Skype text message photos , all the flights itinerary , weddings photos to send when it reaches NVC, and embassy for interview, so can someone please tell me what do we use to send to uscis besides, marriage certificate.

Affidavits from friends and family members and you still have to send a photo copy of marriage certificate.

so you saying all I need is a marriage certificate and affidavits from friends and family members for uscis, and don't need anything else till next stage Edited by fishpub

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

so you saying all I need is a marriage certificate and affidavits from friends and family members for uscis, and don't need anything else till next stage

Hi fispub,

You will need more evidence as Affidavits alone is not enough. Do you have any Money Transfer

Receipts from like Western Union, Money Gram etc. Or any Joint Bank Accounts?

Hi fispub,

You will need more evidence as Affidavits alone is not enough. Do you have any Money Transfer

Receipts from like Western Union, Money Gram etc. Or any Joint Bank Accounts?

I have my bank statement to prove I support her, she has one of my bank cards in Jamaica, can you please tell me what all I would need for evidence at uscis stage, I spoke to a lawyer but for some reason im not trusting them , they said all I need is marriage certificate, and everything else I can submit at interview, but I don't trust that, so I will do my self with the help of visa journey family

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Affidavits from friends and family members and you still have to send a photo copy of marriage certificate.

I believe Empresslizzy meant you could add affidavits from friends and family along with your phone logs, skype info, etc. Not just affidavits alone.

I believe Empresslizzy meant you could add affidavits from friends and family along with your phone logs, skype info, etc. Not just affidavits alone.

thank you for your response, but can you please tell me at what stage do I need phone logs Skype, info, etc, do I need this evidence at USCIS STAGE, NVC STAGE, OO INTERVIEW

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ME and my wife have been married for a 1 month what do we use to send with i130 to prove relationship, when I stay in U,S and she stays in Jamaica and I cant put her name on anything in the U,S because she is not here in the U,S we have phone records Skype text message photos , all the flights itinerary , weddings photos to send when it reaches NVC, and embassy for interview, so can someone please tell me what do we use to send to uscis besides, marriage certificate.

Send everything, you can never send too much

Timeline

I have my bank statement to prove I support her, she has one of my bank cards in Jamaica, can you please tell me what all I would need for evidence at uscis stage, I spoke to a lawyer but for some reason im not trusting them , they said all I need is marriage certificate, and everything else I can submit at interview, but I don't trust that, so I will do my self with the help of visa journey family

I would definitely not trust that Lawyer as you will definitely need to submit more than your Marriage Certificate.

Here is a list of all the items we submitted in our package so you can have a idea of what to submit.

• Chase Cashiers Cheque for $420
  • Completed G-1145 e- Notification Form
  • Completed and signed I-130 Petition for Alien Relative Form
  • Copy of the Front and Back of Green Card ( Petitioner)
  • Completed and signed G-325A Biographic Information Form (Petitioner)
  • One passport-style 2” x 2’’ color photograph of me taken 11/2013 (Petitioner)
  • Copy of her Birth Certificate (Beneficiary)
  • Completed and signed G-325A Biographic Information Form (Beneficiary)
  • One passport-style 2” x 2” color photograph of her taken on 11/2013 (Beneficiary)
  • Copy of our Marriage Certificate
  • Copy of Western Union receipts for period 2009-2013
  • Letter from JMMB Re: Retirement Fund Scheme – (Beneficiary)
  • Signed Witness Affidavit
  • Collection of photographs documenting our ongoing relationship (2007-2013) with brief description on back
  • Relationship Timeline

Hope this helps.

Patra (Beneficiary)

Timeline

thank you for your response, but can you please tell me at what stage do I need phone logs Skype, info, etc, do I need this evidence at USCIS STAGE, NVC STAGE, OO INTERVIEW

The phone logs and skype logs are mostly needed at the Interview Stage.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Don't worry about not being able to put her name on anything here in the US, USCIS does not require nor do they expect a couple living apart in separate countries to have joint bills, accounts, property, etc. Much has been said about affidavits in this thread, forget them, they carry little to zero weight in the overall evaluation of a file. Focus on evidence of time spent together in-person, that is your strongest evidence. Go ahead and send some of your phone, Skype, and text records with the I-130. Also include photos with the I-130.

Don't wait for the interview or even the NVC phase to submit evidence of your relationship; more often than not, a CO will not request to see it and will immediately pass it back without so much as a glance if an interviewee passes to the CO during the interview.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

I would definitely not trust that Lawyer as you will definitely need to submit more than your Marriage Certificate.

Here is a list of all the items we submitted in our package so you can have a idea of what to submit.

• Chase Cashiers Cheque for $420
  • Completed G-1145 e- Notification Form
  • Completed and signed I-130 Petition for Alien Relative Form
  • Copy of the Front and Back of Green Card ( Petitioner)
  • Completed and signed G-325A Biographic Information Form (Petitioner)
  • One passport-style 2 x 2 color photograph of me taken 11/2013 (Petitioner)
  • Copy of her Birth Certificate (Beneficiary)
  • Completed and signed G-325A Biographic Information Form (Beneficiary)
  • One passport-style 2 x 2 color photograph of her taken on 11/2013 (Beneficiary)
  • Copy of our Marriage Certificate
  • Copy of Western Union receipts for period 2009-2013
  • Letter from JMMB Re: Retirement Fund Scheme (Beneficiary)
  • Signed Witness Affidavit
  • Collection of photographs documenting our ongoing relationship (2007-2013) with brief description on back
  • Relationship Timeline
Hope this helps.

Patra (Beneficiary)

THANK YOU

Don't worry about not being able to put her name on anything here in the US, USCIS does not require nor do they expect a couple living apart in separate countries to have joint bills, accounts, property, etc. Much has been said about affidavits in this thread, forget them, they carry little to zero weight in the overall evaluation of a file. Focus on evidence of time spent together in-person, that is your strongest evidence. Go ahead and send some of your phone, Skype, and text records with the I-130. Also include photos with the I-130.

Don't wait for the interview or even the NVC phase to submit evidence of your relationship; more often than not, a CO will not request to see it and will immediately pass it back without so much as a glance if an interviewee passes to the CO during the interview.

Thank you, this just what I needed to know, I spoke with a lawyer and he going to tell me all I need to send in with the i130 app to prove a bona fide marriage was the marriage certificate , and I said to him you not going to send in no phone logs or anything he said no , the marriage certificate exceeds all other proof, and my wife can send logs and whatever other proof at nvc stage or take to interview, and I knew right then I was better off to do the process my self. Edited by fishpub

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.