journeyman

How many emails and Photos to be attached

25 posts in this topic

I'm in the process of filing my I-129F for my fiance in India, and am gathering the emails and phone records and photos.

We've all the phone records for the last 2 years.

We've a few photos of the engagement ceremony and a few casual photos as well.

Q. Based upon your experience I want to know how many emails and how many pictures should I attach ?

Q. Also we don't have all the email exactly since the beginning of our relationship(Q4 2004). Since we have chatted mostly over the phone. Is this going to be a problem ?

Thanks in advance to all.

For the I-129f petition, emails and phone records are not important. you'll use those when it comes time for the interview to show ongoing relationship. for the petition you need to show you met in the previous two years. I submitted 8 photos with my petition. also include evidence like airline tickets, boarding passes, hotel receipts, passport stamps , etc... with your petition.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm in the process of filing my I-129F for my fiance in India, and am gathering the emails and phone records and photos.

Q. Based upon your experience I want to know how many emails and how many pictures should I attach ?

Q. Also we don't have all the email exactly since the beginning of our relationship(Q4 2004). Since we have chatted mostly over the phone. Is this going to be a problem ?

e-mails, phone records do not provide evidence of meeting, save that for proof of an ongoing bonafide relationship. No number of photos is correct, some have submitted as few as two and others more.. 4 to 8 seem most frequent.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

You just need enough to prove that you have a relationship, I don't think you want to provide all the emails and stuff as they will probably have to read what you send them, unless you blacken parts out, and it'll take them longer to process. I read somewhere that maybe 6 dated photos together are good. I would put in some phone records scattered through the 2 years but think its really up to you. I don't think it matters as long as you've given enough to show them you are not trying to fake a relationship.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

As far as extra relationship evidence was concerned, I think we put in about 6 pictures, and a small selection of phone records. That's it.

We saved everything else for the interview.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

You guys are amazing !!!! Lightning speed replies. Thanks for such quick reply guys :-)

Sure I do have the passport stamps with dates on them and all tickets except one. (however I do have the return which proves I did go there to come back. ) I guess I'll attach about 6 photos and another 6 phone bills from each of us is what I'll attach.

Now for the interview (assuming my petition gets approved), do we use the same submitted evidence or we still need to provide the more current emails and phone records.

As far as extra relationship evidence was concerned, I think we put in about 6 pictures, and a small selection of phone records. That's it.

What other documents do we need to keep gathering from now onwards for the interview process ? Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

For the interview ours will show everything since the filing to prove continueing relationship

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline

What other documents do we need to keep gathering from now onwards for the interview process ? Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks again.

I took everything that the checklist /forms asked for, as well as the following (dating from the beginning of our relationship up to the date of the visa interview):

--evidence of meeting in person during our relationship (4 meetings in total), such as tickets, photos, flight itineraries, etc etc

--evidence of engagement, such as ring receipt, "congratulations" cards and messages, etc

--evidence that we had met each other's families, and evidence that our parents had met each other (emails, photos, etc)

--phone records, evidence of gifts that Jerry had sent me, letters he had sent me, and a selection of emails

Wasn't asked to show a thing! After all that hard work of organizing! Oh well. :)

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

You guys are amazing !!!! Lightning speed replies. Thanks for such quick reply guys :-)

Sure I do have the passport stamps with dates on them and all tickets except one. (however I do have the return which proves I did go there to come back. ) I guess I'll attach about 6 photos and another 6 phone bills from each of us is what I'll attach.

Now for the interview (assuming my petition gets approved), do we use the same submitted evidence or we still need to provide the more current emails and phone records.

Thanks again.

To prove ongoing relationship, engagement ring receipts are quite good, new letter of intent to marry from both of you, letters, emails, phone records etc.

The stuff which may take the longest times are police reports, birth certificates, name change documents, divorce certificates etc, and all of these translated.

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

Just on the subject of photos, I've been going out with my fiancee now for 3 years in march. The only proof I have of us meeting in the over the 2 years is photos during the summer and her 21st. Our first trip away together wasn't until the following summer which would only be a year a half ago. We've been abroad numerous times but all under the 2 year mark. I take it won't be worth submitting our passports with stamps? Are the photos going to be enough. I've e-mails but thats it. Kinda frustrating as I'm unsure and worried. I know we've met over 2 years ago and I've plenty of people who could swear to it but I've to convince the people reading my application!!

Thank u in advance for ur help guys. People on here are so helpful.

I'm not intending to hijack the thread I figured I had a question about photos too so it saved starting another thread :)

Thanks again.

To prove ongoing relationship, engagement ring receipts are quite good, new letter of intent to marry from both of you, letters, emails, phone records etc.

The stuff which may take the longest times are police reports, birth certificates, name change documents, divorce certificates etc, and all of these translated.

01/26/07 I-129F sent

01/29/07 Recieved

02/07/07 NOA1 Recived

Timeline
Just on the subject of photos, I've been going out with my fiancee now for 3 years in march. The only proof I have of us meeting in the over the 2 years is photos during the summer and her 21st. Our first trip away together wasn't until the following summer which would only be a year a half ago. We've been abroad numerous times but all under the 2 year mark. I take it won't be worth submitting our passports with stamps? Are the photos going to be enough. I've e-mails but thats it. Kinda frustrating as I'm unsure and worried. I know we've met over 2 years ago and I've plenty of people who could swear to it but I've to convince the people reading my application!!

There are two questions that need to be answered when submitting the K-1 petition:

--have you met in person at least once in the last two years?

--can you prove it?

evaluate your documents and photos with that in mind. :)

I'm not intending to hijack the thread I figured I had a question about photos too so it saved starting another thread :)

Can both of your passport stamps show that you were at the same places at the same time? Pictures can be pretty good evidence, but if you have boarding passes or hotel reservations or receipts, or letters, phone records, text messages, or something it can help. You can put in a good story of how you met and your relationship and all and explain what you just wrote above.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

Well the photos are proof of having met over 2 years ago. But I wonder is that enough. We've got tons of photos of us away together and everything plenty. I hope 2-3 that are over the 2 year mark are enough. I can prove we travelled away together at the same time but that was only a year and half ago.

Sorry if my questions seem silly. Just want to keep myself right!!!

Can both of your passport stamps show that you were at the same places at the same time? Pictures can be pretty good evidence, but if you have boarding passes or hotel reservations or receipts, or letters, phone records, text messages, or something it can help. You can put in a good story of how you met and your relationship and all and explain what you just wrote above.

01/26/07 I-129F sent

01/29/07 Recieved

02/07/07 NOA1 Recived

Well the photos are proof of having met over 2 years ago. But I wonder is that enough. We've got tons of photos of us away together and everything plenty. I hope 2-3 that are over the 2 year mark are enough. I can prove we travelled away together at the same time but that was only a year and half ago.

Sorry if my questions seem silly. Just want to keep myself right!!!

Hmmm I am under the impression that you need to have photos together under two years. Maybe someone else can verify that. If you could possibly do it, I would go to see her 1 more time, and if you do take the forms for her to sign and help you fill out.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'll post what we sent - hope it helps. We sent proof that we have an ongoing relationship along with proof of having met. We had no RFEs.

Proof of having met in the last 2 years:

Copy of Brazilian visas from passport

Copy of Stamped entries into Brazil

Copy of teaching certificate from Brazil

Copy of both sides of Brazilian residency card with translation

Copy of Flight Coupons and Itinerary from latest trip

Receipt from hotel and business card with translation

Pictures (6) from 2004 until the present

Proof of ongoing relationship:

Copies of used phone cards

Copy of online purchase of phone cards from email confirmation

Copy of American Express bills showing payment for online calling cards

Phone bill with calls to Brazil highlighted

Copies of e-mails (5) with translations

Copy of birthday card to beneficiary with translation

Letter from a friend talking about our relationship with translation

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.