unsmiley

If we did election over today, Romney would trounce Obama: Nationwide Poll

156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Exactly how am I misquoting and believe this?

And, talk about misquoting. Take a good look at what I said. "I didn't care for him either, but I'd never espouse the hatred some have here for the POTUS." I'm speaking for me, you know? Personal responsibility and what not? Not the left. But, you're so quick to talk about folks on the left, you're guilty of the same hateful rhetoric. You can't even talk about the President without calling him names. But, if you can find a post where I'm calling the POTUS out of his name, then you can talk. And that includes GWB. I don't like him, but he was still the Commander in Chief. And I respect THAT, something you obviously can't do.

You're the same dude who says the left has no tolerance, yet can't make a single post and not be venomous about said left. You sure you're not a liberal?

Everything he said in that video is accurate. 47% of the people in this country don't pay income tax. It's probably more than that today. That number is astounding to me. Not sure how anyone can call that fair.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Everything he said in that video is accurate. 47% of the people in this country don't pay income tax. It's probably more than that today. That number is astounding to me. Not sure how anyone can call that fair.

I said he doesn't care about those 47%, which he confirms around the 0:45 mark.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

He said that in the context of campaigning for votes, but you knew that already didn't you?

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

You would think that the same criteria would be applied to compare both administrations, but for some reason W gets a pass on all the bad decisions he made...

Same with the Blair government here. People are pissed that they has been slow economic progress since 2010. Fair enough, but don't forget how we ended up here.

Bush deserved the criticisms he got. The dude started two wars and sold the reconstruction contracts to his daddy's friends. You're paying for that now.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Of course he doesn't care about campaigning for, or preaching to them. It would have been a complete waste of time. See below.

He said that in the context of campaigning for votes, but you knew that already didn't you?

It was absolutely about campaigning for votes. And he was absolutely right. The tax freeloaders (the "47%") would never vote for him since they'd have to get off that gravy train. For hopefully the last time: he was writing off those that would NEVER support him, as ALL candidates do. No point in wasting time and limited money on trying to convince those that would not vote for him under any circumstances. Both sides do this, I would do this, & I'm sure you would do this. However it was inelegantly stated and taken out of context. Candidates on all sides only spend real time on those that are possible to reach. This quote was twisted by the media and you (and too many others) eagerly bought it.

Timeline

You would think that the same criteria would be applied to compare both administrations, but for some reason W gets a pass on all the bad decisions he made...

Are you kidding? A "pass"? GWB has to be the most hated elected person in recent US history.

Of course he doesn't care about campaigning for, or preaching to them. It would have been a complete waste of time. See below.

It was absolutely about campaigning for votes. And he was absolutely right. The tax freeloaders (the "47%") would never vote for him since they'd have to get off that gravy train. For hopefully the last time: he was writing off those that would NEVER support him, as ALL candidates do. No point in wasting time and limited money on trying to convince those that would not vote for him under any circumstances. Both sides do this, I would do this, & I'm sure you would do this. However it was inelegantly stated and taken out of context. Candidates on all sides only spend real time on those that are possible to reach. This quote was twisted by the media and you (and too many others) eagerly bought it.

You seem a bit confused as to who makes up the 47% of the population that do not pay taxes. A good amount of them are not freeloaders but hard working blue collar families whose financial situation puts them in a tax bracket that allows them to pay little to no taxes because they simply can't afford it.

It would also seem to me that if Romney had in fact paid attention to this faction of the 47% and attempted to garner their votes by by promising a better life if he were President, he may have actually won the election.

Filed: Timeline

It would also seem to me that if Romney had in fact paid attention to this faction of the 47% and attempted to garner their votes by by promising a better life if he were President, he may have actually won the election.

A "better life"? Better than getting free stuff at the expense of their fellow citizens, conscience-free? What could be "better" than a no-guilt free ride? :rolleyes:

Are you kidding? A "pass"? GWB has to be the most hated elected person in recent US history.

You mean most attacked by journalist

Timeline

You seem a bit confused as to who makes up the 47% of the population that do not pay taxes. A good amount of them are not freeloaders but hard working blue collar families whose financial situation puts them in a tax bracket that allows them to pay little to no taxes because they simply can't afford it.

No confusion here. You are a freeloader if you don't pay taxes, even if you work. Ain't no reason why "hard working blue collar" families cannot pay some taxes. A flat tax would correct this incredible inequity.

Also gotta love it when the term "hard working" is reflexively added to the term "blue collar" in left-leaning talking points. I suppose professionals do not work hard?

Edited by unsmiley

A "better life"? Better than getting free stuff at the expense of their fellow citizens, conscience-free? What could be "better" than a no-guilt free ride? :rolleyes:

These people I am referring to are not sitting back and sucking off the system, they are hard working members of society with mouths to feed. They want to provide for their families and give their kids a better life. Contrary to popular belief it is still a trait amongst hardworking people to want to better themselves.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I agree he was hated, and I discard the opinions of those who hated him, as I do of those who hate any other president. It is a public office, not a popularity contest.

Speaking objectively, of political decisions, W made some horrible choices - by design or not - and got us into a heck of a mess in Iraq and around the world. It is also a fact that as a result of his administration the economy was in a shambles when he left. Suggesting he had a plan to run the country aground when he took office would be as asinine as suggesting the same about Obama or any other POTUS.

The truth is - hurt as it might - that Obama was elected by the majority of the American people, twice. It irks many in our country that a person of his circumstance and lineage should ever reach the White House. The nutjobs went - and some still go - to extreme lengths to satisfy their prejudice and unmitigated ignorance.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

You mean most attacked by journalist

Most attacked by journalists and everyday people. I do not think a week goes by in NYC where I do not hear someone bash Bush. It is amazing.

No confusion here. You are a freeloader if you don't pay taxes, even if you work. Ain't no reason why "hard working blue collar" families cannot pay some taxes. A flat tax would correct this incredible inequity.

Also gotta love it when the term "hard working" is reflexively added to the term "blue collar" in left-leaning talking points. I suppose professionals do not work hard?

With this type of mindset I can see exactly why people would rather just sit back and suck off the gov't teet for life. Why bother trying to better yourself if you're going to viewed as a freeloader anyway? Might as well play the part their getting accused of playing, right?

Have you given any thought to what the financial burden of this country would be if these so called "freeloaders" you refer to simply stopped working and decided to collect benefits? Whether you want to think so or not, these people provide a great benefit to the economy, even if they do not end up paying taxes at the end of the year.