UncleBeer

Intelligence Assessment Proves Illegal Aliens Coming Because Of Obama Policy Changes

38 posts in this topic

The migrants themselves disagree with your opinion. That's the point of the article.

No, the migrants themselves said their choice to migrate to the US was, not their choice to migrate was. Your wonderful article has mingled the answers to two entirely different questions to get the outrage they desire. You bought it. Enjoy.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

IMHO it is a combination of several factors. On one side you do have the endemic deficiencies of the Central and South American nations, while on the other, the universal appeal of the American dream. However, the situation we have at hand is the result of bill after bill that were enacted and that turned our immigration laws into the joke they are today. These laws have been abused for years. The 14th amendment alone is the subject of ridicule and mockery to the well-to-do few of far away continents and lands.

To the politically myopic it is all Obama's fault. It blends well with their narrative of ignorance, superstition and bigotry, however when you look at our history and the way immigration and its laws have evolved - or rather devolved - throughout the years, you will realize that the blame - if one wishes to use such qualifier - falls squarely on the shoulders of We The People... We need immigration reform but our elected representatives are busy with their petty personal partisan agenda. In essence, blaming Obama for this crisis as as asinine as not ignoring all other presidents and congresses before him...

The so called 'American Dream' only has any appeal at all if you are dissatisfied in some way with your current situation. Believe it or not, must citizens of other countries are actually quite proud of their heritage and hesitate to leave it and will only do so if they feel that that is the only way to improve their situation. It's not a whim for most migrants, especially if that whim involves an extremely arduous and dangerous journey to fulfill. No one undertakes a journey like that because the grass is a bit greener on the other side.

However, yes, there are most certainly flaws with current immigration laws and blaming it on one president, the current one because of some nutty personal prejudice is ridiculous, of course.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

So an intelligence assessment is released saying that the major reason these folks are coming to the U.S. illegally, is because they have the (maybe) false idea that they'll be able to stay. Which is totally logical. However, some here would rather play word games instead of addressing the blatantly obvious reason for the sudden surge of underage illegal immigrants.

head-in-sand.jpg

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Timeline

So an intelligence assessment is released saying that the major reason these folks are coming to the U.S. illegally, is because they have the (maybe) false idea that they'll be able to stay. Which is totally logical. However, some here would rather play word games instead of addressing the blatantly obvious reason for the sudden surge of underage illegal immigrants.

Nailed it.

head-in-sand.jpg

The word game, as you so nicely put it, is played by the writer of the article. Spin it any way you like, but asking a person why they chose to migrate to the US is not the same question as asking someone why they chose to migrate. You can believe that comparing migrating away from a country because of violent gangs and migrating to the US because of it's lax immigration laws makes for a good argument if you like but they are not comparable so saying more people want to come here because of the lax immigration laws than because they are afraid of violence in their own country simply isn't valid. I don't know how to explain this any better for those who seem doggedly determined to believe that it makes sense. This kind of lax journalistic license is why these types of sites are not reliable and shouldn't be used as a basis of a rational argument, unless you want your argument to unravel as quickly as you make it.

Nailed it.

As I said, you got fooled by the journalistic sleight of hand, you aren't going to admit it.

Edited by Peikko

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Spin it any way you like, but asking a person why they chose to migrate to the US is not the same question as asking someone why they chose to migrate.

Now I'm really confused.

Edited by Karee

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Now I'm really confused.

Why? Asking a migrant why they chose to migrate to the US is a specific question, which an answer like, lax immigration laws, might well answer. Asking a migrant why they chose to migrate at all is a different question and one that can't be answered in the same way. The OP article mixes these two questions up, deliberately creating the impression that the reason for emmigration away from central/southern americas is less complicated than it really is and has little to do with the common and understandable reasons most commonly given, which are economic hardship, a percieved lack of opportunity and fears of violence from drug cartels which as we know from stories from Mexico is not some half arsed excuse but a daily reality for some people living in especially rough/deprived areas.

"Spin it any way you like, but asking a person why they chose to migrate to the US is not the same question as asking someone why they chose to migrate."

Now I'm really confused.

twilight-zone.jpg

"Spin it any way you like, but asking a person why they chose to migrate to the US is not the same question as asking someone why they chose to migrate."

twilight-zone.jpg

English 101

Question: "Why do you want to migrate to America?"

Statement 1: "I want to move to America because of its lax immigration laws"

Statement 2: "I want to move to America because I am frightened of all the drug cartels and violence in my country"

Both answers are applicable but what question is each answer actually addressing? Answers from the peanut gallery only please.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

head-in-sand.jpg

+100

To be sure, it is easier to just put the blame on Obama and call it a day. The motley crew loves word play.

Now I'm really confused.

I can refer you to my ESL teacher if you wish. Seems you could use some help.

Now I'm really confused.

I can refer you to my ESL teacher if you wish. Seems you could use some help.

Why? Asking a migrant why they chose to migrate to the US is a specific question, which an answer like, lax immigration laws, might well answer. Asking a migrant why they chose to migrate at all is a different question and one that can't be answered in the same way. The OP article mixes these two questions up, deliberately creating the impression that the reason for emmigration away from central/southern americas is less complicated than it really is and has little to do with the common and understandable reasons most commonly given, which are economic hardship, a percieved lack of opportunity and fears of violence from drug cartels which as we know from stories from Mexico is not some half arsed excuse but a daily reality for some people living in especially rough/deprived areas.

The only question the unaware will accept is the one for which the answer is: 'Because Obama told me to do so'.

C'mon...

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

The word game, as you so nicely put it, is played by the writer of the article.

Which of course is the "El Paso Intelligence Center (EPIC), which according to the Justice Department website is led by the DEA and incorporates Homeland Security". The source is essentially the prenzit and his minions. And despite what the study reveals, they continue to roll out the red carpet for illegals.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I agree that there are a whole variety of reasons, some of which have been mentioned.

Some fall within Obama's remit DACA and his announcement about executive action etc.

Some go way back.

As nothing will significantly change I am not sure what the question is.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Which of course is the "El Paso Intelligence Center (EPIC), which according to the Justice Department website is led by the DEA and incorporates Homeland Security". The source is essentially the prenzit and his minions. And despite what the study reveals, they continue to roll out the red carpet for illegals.

The writer of the article?? Nope, wrong again. The writer of the article is an adherent to a blog site you mistakenly believe is bringing you 'the news the government doesn't want you to hear'. The writer contrived to use a report to make it appear as though the only reason for minors making a long, dangerous and arduous journey to try to live in the US is because Obama wants them to. You have a vested interest in buying into this type of rubbish Enjoy.

The writer of the article is an adherent to a blog site you mistakenly believe is bringing you 'the news the government doesn't want you to hear'.

Nope: the news that the left would rather not hear, so is generally not reported in the mainstream press because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Nope: the news that the left would rather not hear, so is generally not reported in the mainstream press because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Wrong again, this is not news and, surprise surprise, people outside your inner circle of 'truth' know this stuff goes on, they just recognise it for what it is, emotional manipulation. The story that undocumented migrants/children travel to the US because of Obama policy changes is completely false, this is fabricated by the use of what are essentially lies. You appear to be so immersed in this meme of the 'mainstream press don't report it because it doesn't fit the narrative' that even when it is clearly pointed out to you where exactly the sleight of hand lies, you still can't bring yourself to actually recognise that you are the one being taken for the fool by those who produce these types of websites. Honestly, if you still can't see what's going on here and accept you were had, there's not much more that can be done to help you.