We Keep Receipts

Violent California police chase ends with 3 dead

87 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

In what way am I deluded? Are you suggesting that the unfettered use of antibiotics has no consequences? The science of the super-bug is in fact a government wheeze to prevent US citizens from going to the pharmacist and demanding their dose of cheap antibiotics?

Referring to the superbugs crawling around US hospitals? Secret: Bleach and hot water will do it 100% of time, but that spray stuff they use (to cut costs) don't always get the job done.

Edited by Expat1

Referring to the superbugs crawling around US hospitals? Secret: Bleach and hot water will do it 100% of time, but that spray stuff they use (to cut costs) don't always get the job done.

Hypochlorite rocks doesn't it it is my go to . I don't think the reason hospitals don't use it is cost. It's dirt cheap compared to most other disinfectants and cleaners. It's that it is highly corresive and has EPA restrictions. It is an irritant and some patients can't handle the smell. By law you are supposed to wear gloves and mask when handling it in the work place. It is highly corrosive to stainless steel, a big no no in most sterile environments.

I can reccomend also a product called Odoban. It kills the source of odors and has a pleasant smell. If you don't like bleach.

You know what it smells like to me ....CLEAN

Appliance of science. Yes, there is simply no correlation with the misuse of antibiotics and the fact that anti-bionics are increasingly failing to do the job we ask of them. Brilliant! No wonder you think reading articles on the interwebs is equivalent to, if not better than education. :thumbs:

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

That directed at me? I don't get an ER bill BUT if I did my AETNA international would pay it, not Obama. I have insurance, any country in the world. I can use it or not use it.

It was not directed at you in any way. Sorry if I gave you that impression.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Appliance of science. Yes, there is simply no correlation with the misuse of antibiotics and the fact that anti-bionics are increasingly failing to do the job we ask of them. Brilliant! No wonder you think reading articles on the interwebs is equivalent to, if not better than education. :thumbs:

Before someone else does it, yes, there is a typo in this post. Go for it!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

I think your needle skipped straight to unfettered use from a comment about unfettered access

I think your needle skipped straight to unfettered use from a comment about unfettered access

Self diagnosis tends to lead to people wanting antibiotics when an antibiotic is neither required nor of any benefit. Antibiotics are not restricted at the point of access just to make pharma companies rich or piss people off.

Timeline

Self diagnosis tends to lead to people wanting antibiotics when an antibiotic is neither required nor of any benefit. Antibiotics are not restricted at the point of access just to make pharma companies rich or piss people off.

Data? Share.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/04/09/hospital-acquired-infections.aspx

Tens of millions of pounds of antibiotics are administered to American livestock each year for purposes other than treating disease, such as making the animals grow bigger faster. The antibiotic residues in meat and dairy, as well as the resistant bacteria, are then passed on to you in the foods you eat. As just one example, no less than 80 different antibiotics are allowed in cows' milk

Application of science. Fix your problems there, then rattle your histrionics at other countries. As per the article honey is the recommended treatment for skin infections here in the mideast, dates back to a verse in the Quran written hundreds of years ago. Kind of cool. I was skeptical of that myself but it appears that medical science is slowly discovering it. Perhaps they will discover hot water soon.

Honey works like that bleach and hot water thing and will continue to do so long after the chickens and cows create superbugs that will resist everything else. It's a "recent" discovery and look how it's already being "licensed". Perhaps after that you will need to go get a prescription for it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2389121/Doctors-discover-super-honey-amazing-power-treat-soldiers-wounds-kill-superbug-infections.html

Enjoy your bloated healthcare bills and constant intake of unnecessary antibiotics!

Edited by Expat1

Data? Share.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/04/09/hospital-acquired-infections.aspx

Tens of millions of pounds of antibiotics are administered to American livestock each year for purposes other than treating disease, such as making the animals grow bigger faster. The antibiotic residues in meat and dairy, as well as the resistant bacteria, are then passed on to you in the foods you eat. As just one example, no less than 80 different antibiotics are allowed in cows' milk

Application of science. Fix your problems there, then rattle your histrionics at other countries. As per the article honey is the recommended treatment for skin infections here in the mideast, dates back to a verse in the Quran written hundreds of years ago. Kind of cool. I was skeptical of that myself but it appears that medical science is slowly discovering it. Perhaps they will discover hot water soon.

Honey works like that bleach and hot water thing and will continue to do so long after the chickens and cows create superbugs that will resist everything else. It's a "recent" discovery and look how it's already being "licensed". Perhaps after that you will need to go get a prescription for it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2389121/Doctors-discover-super-honey-amazing-power-treat-soldiers-wounds-kill-superbug-infections.html

Enjoy your bloated healthcare bills and constant intake of unnecessary antibiotics!

and doctors are just as guilty of over prescribing them as patients would be for taking them. I say let people have access to the older grade stuff like Amoxicllin like I did in the phillipinces or the ear drops I spoke of in another story, thatthe office visit alone neded up costing me 300 bucks

Timeline

and doctors are just as guilty of over prescribing them as patients would be for taking them. I say let people have access to the older grade stuff like Amoxicllin like I did in the phillipinces or the ear drops I spoke of in another story, thatthe office visit alone neded up costing me 300 bucks

I remember about 7-8 years ago I was getting all my shots to go overseas for awhile. You know, typhus, DT booster, 3 more of them for stuff I can't pronounce and much less spell. Anyway they told me what to do if I got one of those stomach bugs - take Cipro and immodium (misspelled). Gave me a prescription of Cipro that of course I didn't fill - it was on the non-preferred list back then and the copay was more than I wanted to pay - I recall $45 dollars or something.

So sure enough I got pretty sick over there after a couple weeks and asked my wife about going to a doctor. Told her what I needed. She said don't worry about it so she took me down the street to a pharmacy. They sold me exactly what I was supposed to get (Cipro) and a day or two later I was back in business. 200000 rupes, about 20 bucks. Would have cost me a doctor copay + pharmacy copay back in the US and god knows what the insurance company would have been billed.

That's healthcare access. Pharmacists have to have a doctorate too and they also know exactly what dose of what is needed for common ailments and it seems to me that pretending that when someone is sick, knows exactly what is needed to fix it, and is able to just go get it is "abuse" does not really reflect reality.

I remember about 7-8 years ago I was getting all my shots to go overseas for awhile. You know, typhus, DT booster, 3 more of them for stuff I can't pronounce and much less spell. Anyway they told me what to do if I got one of those stomach bugs - take Cipro and immodium (misspelled). Gave me a prescription of Cipro that of course I didn't fill - it was on the non-preferred list back then and the copay was more than I wanted to pay - I recall $45 dollars or something.

So sure enough I got pretty sick over there after a couple weeks and asked my wife about going to a doctor. Told her what I needed. She said don't worry about it so she took me down the street to a pharmacy. They sold me exactly what I was supposed to get (Cipro) and a day or two later I was back in business. 200000 rupes, about 20 bucks. Would have cost me a doctor copay + pharmacy copay back in the US and god knows what the insurance company would have been billed.

That's healthcare access. Pharmacists have to have a doctorate too and they also know exactly what dose of what is needed for common ailments and it seems to me that pretending that when someone is sick, knows exactly what is needed to fix it, and is able to just go get it is "abuse" does not really reflect reality.

exactly. It is absurd to have to go to a doctor for simple issues like that. We need Medic aid stations that are quick and cheap, like in the army.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thailand is the exact same way. Just go to the pharmacist. I tried explaining to my wife how in the U.S. you have to go to a doctor to get a prescription. She asked me why. I thought about it, and didn't have a good answer.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

Thailand is the exact same way. Just go to the pharmacist. I tried explaining to my wife how in the U.S. you have to go to a doctor to get a prescription. She asked me why. I thought about it, and didn't have a good answer.

Did you try waving the flag of freedom?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Did you try waving the flag of freedom?

:rofl:

I just started singing the start spangled banner out loud.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Jeez, can you not stick to one argument at a time? The overuse of antibiotics is a problem period. You don't fix that problem by allowing easy access for antibiotics at point of use based on want though, do you?

Yes, indeed, using antibiotics to ensure animals kept in unsanitary conditions because Americans want cheap meat in Costco is not a good use of antibiotics either, I am totally against it. Nor is it a good thing if a US doctor oversubscribes the use of antibiotics because of some insane Americans who insist on self diagnosis via internet - surprise, surprise I am against that too. However, the fact that antibiotics are over used and are therefor no longer working in all areas that we need them to be used in is not going to be fixed by adding yet another layer of abuse into the system and saying to oneself, well, at least I can tell my girlfriend/wife that 'big govmint' no longer interferes in my right to get antibiotics over the counter whenever I want to. That just makes zero sense. Antibiotics need to be more regulated and in ways that are rational and effective, not less.