We Keep Receipts

Violent California police chase ends with 3 dead

87 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I'm not the one saying it.

All the folks who said that brown dude down there in Florida who shot that black kid were quick to point out how white the brown dude really was. "He's a white guy. White people are allowed to kill black people in this racist country. It's racist. You're racist. White people are racist. RACIST! RACIST! RACIST!"

They're being very quiet here though. Hmmmmm.

When I lived over there I noted all the freedom the locals had. Things like women driving cars and having political debates outside your home. You know, freedom and all?

It must be nice to sacrifice all that for the ability to leave your door unlocked at night.

I know who said it.

You forgot to point out that those women who aren't free to drive cars all have personal drivers who take them anywhere they wish to go. The city and the malls and the shops are full of them. Deliberate omission? Did you forget about that? Did you just not get out much? Try to hire a personal driver. I can. I already have a gardener. I have a maid. Try to hire one. Are you free to? Can an average family in the US do it? Why? Are you free to hire the staff you wish? That is the norm here for an average, middle class family. Try to exercise your "freedom" to do that and you'll be so tangled in rules and regulations you'll throw up your hands and do it yourself.

If you think you're free you're deluded. When I look at my bank accounts, college funds, 401K, and pension balance I always tell myself I sure wish I could trade my and my children's futures (and our personal safety) to "argue about politics". That's way more critical.

On the other hand the right to work for ourselves and keep what we work for and do what we wish with it is a level of freedom that most Americans cannot comprehend and a life where we really don't check the price of anything is sure more free than paying an obscene amount of taxes and THEN buying everything we want twice because we have to buy it once from where it was sold and once again from an insurance company because you're not actually free to own or buy a home or a car unless you insure it too.

If I need to see a doctor I just have to go see him, no cost. If I need an inhaler or a round of antibiotics I just go to the pharmacy and buy it, no rules, regulations, or prescription needed. That's freedom. Going to a doctor, paying a copay and insurance claim, then going to a pharmacy, paying another copay and insurance claim is not freedom to take care of oneself. Driving down to the pharmacy, buying it, and coming home is freedom.

You think you're free but you're a slave to the tax man, the medical system, the banks, and insurance companies all wrapped into a tight set of regulations that you have to follow. Freedom is: Writing a check every semester for my daughter's college tuition. What you call freedom is: A government program that will loan the money that you paid in taxes back to him or her so that they start their life buried in higher debt than the degree can pay for because the took the money that could have educated your children and squandered it in the first place.

I know the deal there. Got more firepower than most of you (NOT that dude Gary holy smokin barrels batman). When I get back, IF I go back, I'll dust them off, renew the permit, and jump right back in the game. In the meantime, in addition to being out from under the weight of the tax man, bank man, and insurance companies I also don't have to lock my doors.

Edited by Expat1

I know who said it.

You forgot to point out that those women who aren't free to drive cars all have personal drivers who take them anywhere they wish to go. The city and the malls and the shops are full of them. Deliberate omission? Did you forget about that? Did you just not get out much? Try to hire a personal driver. I can. I already have a gardener. I have a maid. Try to hire one. Are you free to? Can an average family in the US do it? Why? Are you free to hire the staff you wish? That is the norm here for an average, middle class family. Try to exercise your "freedom" to do that and you'll be so tangled in rules and regulations you'll throw up your hands and do it yourself.

If you think you're free you're deluded. When I look at my bank accounts, college funds, 401K, and pension balance I always tell myself I sure wish I could trade my and my children's futures (and our personal safety) to "argue about politics". That's way more critical.

On the other hand the right to work for ourselves and keep what we work for and do what we wish with it is a level of freedom that most Americans cannot comprehend and a life where we really don't check the price of anything is sure more free than paying an obscene amount of taxes and THEN buying everything we want twice because we have to buy it once from where it was sold and once again from an insurance company because you're not actually free to own or buy a home or a car unless you insure it too.

If I need to see a doctor I just have to go see him, no cost. If I need an inhaler or a round of antibiotics I just go to the pharmacy and buy it, no rules, regulations, or prescription needed. That's freedom. Going to a doctor, paying a copay and insurance claim, then going to a pharmacy, paying another copay and insurance claim is not freedom to take care of oneself. Driving down to the pharmacy, buying it, and coming home is freedom.

You think you're free but you're a slave to the tax man, the medical system, the banks, and insurance companies all wrapped into a tight set of regulations that you have to follow. Freedom is: Writing a check every semester for my daughter's college tuition. What you call freedom is: A government program that will loan the money that you paid in taxes back to him or her so that they start their life buried in higher debt than the degree can pay for because the took the money that could have educated your children and squandered it in the first place.

I know the deal there. Got more firepower than most of you (NOT that dude Gary holy smokin barrels batman). When I get back, IF I go back, I'll dust them off, renew the permit, and jump right back in the game. In the meantime, in addition to being out from under the weight of the tax man, bank man, and insurance companies I also don't have to lock my doors.

I thought you were another member. Sorry about the Japanese comment.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

I thought you were another member. Sorry about the Japanese comment.

It was a funny grouping.

You are the one fasting until 2015? Remind your wifey that you get a free pass on EID, fasting is prohibited. Have fun, don't hurt yourself! :lol:

It was a funny grouping.

You are the one fasting until 2015? Remind your wifey that you get a free pass on EID, fasting is prohibited. Have fun, don't hurt yourself! :lol:

2025, but that's military time. We're done on the 28th, but I bet you know that.

I thought you were a sock puppet of another expat we have here.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Not all of us live in suburbia.

I'll admit, it's been a slow year. Only 191 violent crimes so far this year in my police district. http://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/police/linkservid/73098E59-A57B-4EB7-A5920BCE1AA93BFA/showMeta/0/ City wide we've only had 1200 violent crimes and 10,000 property crimes. http://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/police/linkservid/6D6109F8-B712-4B5A-B8E43F449797638D/showMeta/0/ I live three blocks from the most dangerous neighborhood in the US. - http://www.dailyfinance.com/photos/most-dangerous-neighborhoods/#!fullscreen&slide=987585

Plus, I travel quite a bit. I'm almost always taking a road trip on the weekends and you never know who you're going to come across while out and about.

Lucky you, and yet, have you ever been attacked, even a little bit? Unless you indulge in criminal pass times, or are part of some kind of vigilante group, you are very, very unlikely to get attacked by anyone, meth head or not. So, your obsession with the best way to mitigate against an unprovoked attack is just that an obsession. It may be something you enjoy doing, it may consume your free time, but, it is still mitigating against an event so unlikely as to render your preparations meaningless. If you want to worry about something, worry about getting involved in a car accident with a teenager, that is several hundred times more likely to happen ;)

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Lucky you, and yet, have you ever been attacked, even a little bit? Unless you indulge in criminal pass times, or are part of some kind of vigilante group, you are very, very unlikely to get attacked by anyone, meth head or not. So, your obsession with the best way to mitigate against an unprovoked attack is just that an obsession. It may be something you enjoy doing, it may consume your free time, but, it is still mitigating against an event so unlikely as to render your preparations meaningless. If you want to worry about something, worry about getting involved in a car accident with a teenager, that is several hundred times more likely to happen ;)

Some people live their lives in fear of everything and everyone, in a perpetual state of escalating paranoia. Go figure....

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Oh, the freedom to prescribe oneself antibiotics as and when one wants to. What could possibly go wrong with that? Regulations? Phut, who needs em?

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

Oh, the freedom to prescribe oneself antibiotics as and when one wants to. What could possibly go wrong with that? Regulations? Phut, who needs em?

Billions of people enjoy that freedom. Most of them are mildly amused that Americans don't and of course there is usually an insurance company between the person who needs them and the things they need. Just like a home or transportation.

Edited by Expat1

Billions of people enjoy that freedom. Most of them are mildly amused that Americans don't

Mildly amused? Yeah, what could possibly go wrong with allowing anyone and everyone to use antibiotics just because they want to? Regulations? Regulations are for sissies!

Timeline

Mildly amused? Yeah, what could possibly go wrong with allowing anyone and everyone to use antibiotics just because they want to? Regulations? Regulations are for sissies!

Nobody is dragging you from the ranks of deluded. Stay there. I am just sharing experience.

Billions of people enjoy that freedom. Most of them are mildly amused that Americans don't and of course there is usually an insurance company between the person who needs them and the things they need. Just like a home or transportation.

I had a infected tooth in the PI . I went to the drug store and got some Amoxicillin. Problem solved.

I once had an ear infection. It got really painful, so I went to the doc in a box. After a 1 hour wait, the nurse checked me in. He said, wow you got a nasty ear infection, the doctor will see you shortly. 20 more mins, the Doc takes a look. Wow you got a nasty ear infection. 300 dollars later I go to the pharmacy and get the medicine I already knew I needed.

Nobody is dragging you from the ranks of deluded. Stay there. I am just sharing experience.

In what way am I deluded? Are you suggesting that the unfettered use of antibiotics has no consequences? The science of the super-bug is in fact a government wheeze to prevent US citizens from going to the pharmacist and demanding their dose of cheap antibiotics?

I had a infected tooth in the PI . I went to the drug store and got some Amoxicillin. Problem solved.

I once had an ear infection. It got really painful, so I went to the doc in a box. After a 1 hour wait, the nurse checked me in. He said, wow you got a nasty ear infection, the doctor will see you shortly. 20 more mins, the Doc takes a look. Wow you got a nasty ear infection. 300 dollars later I go to the pharmacy and get the medicine I already knew I needed.

Indeed, who needs Doctors? Everyone should just have their own prescription pad issued at birth.

I have no idea why you paid $300 for antibiotics. Even without insurance it is easy to find places that issue prescriptions for under $50.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

And then the freedom to expect others to pay when you can't pay the ER bill because you're too irresponsible to get insurance and the ultimate freedom of blaming everything resulting from your wrong decisions on Obama. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

In what way am I deluded? Are you suggesting that the unfettered use of antibiotics has no consequences? The science of the super-bug is in fact a government wheeze to prevent US citizens from going to the pharmacist and demanding their dose of cheap antibiotics?

Yeah I see a lot of unfettered, recreational use of antibiotics, WAIT - that was on livestock in the US not people

And then the freedom to expect others to pay when you can't pay the ER bill because you're too irresponsible to get insurance and the ultimate freedom of blaming everything resulting from your wrong decisions on Obama. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That directed at me? I don't get an ER bill BUT if I did my AETNA international would pay it, not Obama. I have insurance, any country in the world. I can use it or not use it.

Edited by Expat1