aidsman

K1 July 2014 Filers

681 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone, we received our petition approval October 8, 2024 and we have not received any word from NVC.... I emailed and tried calling them but the line is busy, is this normal? I'm starting to get nervous

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone, we received our petition approval October 8, 2024 and we have not received any word from NVC.... I emailed and tried calling them but the line is busy, is this normal? I'm starting to get nervous

Email takes a month. Sometimes you have to dial 100 or more times just to get past the busy signal.

Otherwise, take a look through this thread and note the posts by me, USMSBOW and laurak.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/516361-post-noa2-nvc-stage/page-30

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Call first thing in the morning. I am on eastern standard time and called right at 7am. I also heard later evening worked too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
Hi!

We got our NOA1 on July 24 and we haven't heard a word. According to timeline here we should have heard something last month or early this month. According to aila.org we won't hear anything until february :( Frustrating not knowing. Fiance called last week and they said they had technical difficulties and couldn't check for us. Webpage still says initial review.

Anyone else called them and had problems? Anyone else still waiting??

Timeline

Thank you for your help, I called USCIS and they said it takes up to 90 days to get to NVC... This is nuts

Did you talk to whomever answered the phone? If your case has been past 35 days getting to NVC, you need to ask for a Tier 2 Immigration Officer to file a service request.

Hi!
We got our NOA1 on July 24 and we haven't heard a word. According to timeline here we should have heard something last month or early this month. According to aila.org we won't hear anything until february :( Frustrating not knowing. Fiance called last week and they said they had technical difficulties and couldn't check for us. Webpage still says initial review.
Anyone else called them and had problems? Anyone else still waiting??

Don't trust the timelines.

Timeline

They said I needed to scan my letter from uscis (the NVC) which I did and emailed them. I'm going to do more digging next week. Which office is the tier2 at?

Timeline

They said I needed to scan my letter from uscis (the NVC) which I did and emailed them. I'm going to do more digging next week. Which office is the tier2 at?

Tier 2 is USCIS.

Timeline

Thanks.

I haven't seen Bonnie&Darren post much. I hope she's OK.

Hey Everyone. I have been beyond frustrated as of late. In fact, the frustration is wearing us down pretty badly. I know, that for many others, the wait on the Visa has been longer, but Darren and I have waited almost 30 years to be together. It was immigration red tape that kept us apart back when we were "kids" and wanted to be together, and it's just so exasperating to have run into the same stuff again so many years after finding each other again. After watching so many others get through the whole process in 4 months (some even less) we had so hoped for a New Year's Eve wedding...but at this point a summer wedding seems more realistic (if we're lucky). I guess we need to trust that it will all work out according to God's big plan, but it's hard to watch some people who filed well after we did get through with no "logical" explanation for their expedited statuses. Someone mentioned there might be an issue with a certain "quota" of Canadians...I have no idea if that is even an issue, but it's an interesting theory. One I don't have much energy left to explore, though. Whatever the reason, USCIS has made it clear that we can't even question it until the 5 month window has expired. THEN, we can start rattling the cage. I actually took today off from school because I have not been able to get past the long hold waits by the time I get home from work at night. After another LONG wait, I got to speak to a very nice lady at USCIS, who actually seemed to feel badly that she couldn't give me more information and genuinely appeared to "feel" for the frustration we're feeling (and for others in the same boat).

Alas, it appears we have no recourse until December 29th.

Sure hope things start moving for the big chunk of us late July filers who seem to be stuck in limbo. Truly happy for all of you who have been given the gift of your visa for the holidays. WIsh you all the best.

Bonnie

(L) (L) (L)OUR K-1 TIMELINE (L) (L) (L)

July 23, 2014: I-129f sent to Dallas Lockbox

July 28, 2014: Received notice of receipt from USPS

July 31, 2014: Check cashed and email/NOA-1 received :)

August 1, 2014: Notice on USCIS site that Alien Registration number had been changed

August 4, 2014: NOA-1 received via USPS (found out our Notice Date was actually July 30th, and I'm thankful for even one extra day) So glad to be at the California Service Center :dancing:

December 4, 2014 RFE - They lost our passport photos. :ranting:

March 3, 2015: Hallelujah! We got our NOA 2! :dancing:(L)

March 19, 2015: NVC Received! (L) :dancing:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Everyone. I have been beyond frustrated as of late. In fact, the frustration is wearing us down pretty badly. I know, that for many others, the wait on the Visa has been longer, but Darren and I have waited almost 30 years to be together. It was immigration red tape that kept us apart back when we were "kids" and wanted to be together, and it's just so exasperating to have run into the same stuff again so many years after finding each other again. After watching so many others get through the whole process in 4 months (some even less) we had so hoped for a New Year's Eve wedding...but at this point a summer wedding seems more realistic (if we're lucky). I guess we need to trust that it will all work out according to God's big plan, but it's hard to watch some people who filed well after we did get through with no "logical" explanation for their expedited statuses. Someone mentioned there might be an issue with a certain "quota" of Canadians...I have no idea if that is even an issue, but it's an interesting theory. One I don't have much energy left to explore, though. Whatever the reason, USCIS has made it clear that we can't even question it until the 5 month window has expired. THEN, we can start rattling the cage. I actually took today off from school because I have not been able to get past the long hold waits by the time I get home from work at night. After another LONG wait, I got to speak to a very nice lady at USCIS, who actually seemed to feel badly that she couldn't give me more information and genuinely appeared to "feel" for the frustration we're feeling (and for others in the same boat).

Sure hope things start moving for the big chunk of us late July filers who seem to be stuck in limbo. Truly happy for all of you who have been given the gift of your visa for the holidays. WIsh you all the best.

Bonnie

So sorry you are going through this. I will keep you and ur fiancé in my prayers. I feel everything you've said. The no rhyme or reason is beyond frustrating.

Timeline

Bonnie

I wish I had some strength to send you but I'm feeling rather defeated, too. I never get defeated but this whole thing gets demoralizing.

Timeline

Bonnie

Is the canadian quota only a theory or is it based on something real?? I have a Canadian June filer at TSC and i'm really interested on hearing more about that

thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Bonnie

Did you contact your senator and congressman? So what's interesting is that my senator's office was not actually able to get any updates. However, within a week of their first contact, I finally got an RFE. I reached out to the senator's office again for an update, which they hadn't received. Thus, they sent in another status request. Within a week of that (and about 10 days after my RFE response), I had my NOA2.

At any rate, I say give it a try. It can likely be done online. You'll need to complete a privacy agreement, which can be scanned and emailed.

Hang in there!

7/17/2014: I-129F sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

7/18/2014: I-129F delivery confirmation on USPS website

7/23/2014: Bank account shows deposit of filing fee

7/23/2014: USCIS text message and email confirmation of routing to CSC

7/24/2014: Alien Reg # Changed

7/29/2014: Hardcopy NOA1 received

10/16/2014: RFE Text received

10/23/2014: RFE Reply sent

10/27/2014: RFE Reply received

11/5/2014: NOA2 received via text and email

11/24/2014: NVC Case # created :thumbs:

:clock:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.