Torete

B1/B2 Visa

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day,

My MIL is filling out the DS-160 application form. In Section 2 (Travel Information) it asks the question:

Question: Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry/

On her first attempt, she wasn't issued a visa and was given the slip identifying the INA section she didn't qualify for. It's probably an issue of semantics, but does that slip indeed mean she was refused a U.S. Visa or was it a denial in which case the answer to the question would be "no". Perhaps she's just looking too hard into the question while I simply believe that yes, she was refused.

Clarification from from knowledgable members please?

Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So she applied for a US Visa and was refused one?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

The INA slip indicates she was refused a visa, so the answer is yes.

Good day,

My MIL is filling out the DS-160 application form. In Section 2 (Travel Information) it asks the question:

Question: Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry/

On her first attempt, she wasn't issued a visa and was given the slip identifying the INA section she didn't qualify for. It's probably an issue of semantics, but does that slip indeed mean she was refused a U.S. Visa or was it a denial in which case the answer to the question would be "no". Perhaps she's just looking too hard into the question while I simply believe that yes, she was refused.

Thank you.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Good day,

Thank you.

She got refused for a tourist visa. The slip does not need to be specific. I got similar slip stated " consider filing K-1 petition for K-1 visa-". It did not say anything about refusal but I still put I got refused for B-2 vsa when filled out my DS-160 form.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

So she applied for a US Visa and was refused one?

She applied and wasn't issued one.

She got refused for a tourist visa. The slip does not need to be specific. I got similar slip stated " consider filing K-1 petition for K-1 visa-". It did not say anything about refusal but I still put I got refused for B-2 vsa when filled out my DS-160 form.

Thank you...then it indeed is an issue of semantics. Refusal it is and the answer will be "Yes" on the application.

Regards.

The INA slip indicates she was refused a visa, so the answer is yes.

Thank you, I'll have her indicate such.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.