Hypnos

General FAQ: Filing for Adjustment of Status

47 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello and thanks in advance!

Since I've arrived here with my ESTA (VWP) as tourist, i still need to have a form I-94 or I should put my ESTA number where is request my I-94? (questions 23a, 23b, 23c)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
19 hours ago, jesstanga said:

Hello and thanks in advance!

Since I've arrived here with my ESTA (VWP) as tourist, i still need to have a form I-94 or I should put my ESTA number where is request my I-94? (questions 23a, 23b, 23c)

you need i-94. You can find your record here

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Good morning. So we've decided to get married while I was visiting my bf with a tourist visa, how can I prove that it wasn't intentionally? Should I send a copy of my flight ticket, or something else too, with my green card application? Or should I wait until i'll be called for an appointment? I don't find nowhere an answer...

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had a question that may not go here, but please direct me if applicable. My fiancé arrived in the USA last week and we will be getting married March 17 (K1 visa). My question is, where is she able to travel for our honeymoon? I would guess we could go to Hawaii as it is the USA....but what about an Alaskan Cruise that must make a stop in Canada. Or a Mexican cruise that leaves from Los Angeles. Not sure about the law here and don't want to get in trouble...Thanks in advance for your answer(s).

On 3/1/2018 at 3:08 PM, pmeyer1229 said:

I had a question that may not go here, but please direct me if applicable. My fiancé arrived in the USA last week and we will be getting married March 17 (K1 visa). My question is, where is she able to travel for our honeymoon? I would guess we could go to Hawaii as it is the USA....but what about an Alaskan Cruise that must make a stop in Canada. Or a Mexican cruise that leaves from Los Angeles. Not sure about the law here and don't want to get in trouble...Thanks in advance for your answer(s).

It is important that she does not leave the country until she receives her Advance Parole or the application will be considered abandoned. So have your honeymoon in the U.S. There are plenty of great places here.

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Sweden
Timeline

For the petitioner on the I-130 form, regarding employment history. My wife is an actress and she'll work a day here and a day there resulting in many W2's etc from many different places.
Should we show just the longer employment periods where the majority of the income comes from for a particular gig or do we need to show every single paycheck she had for the last five years,
which can sometimes be for just one day and less than $300? We're talking adding several pages of the Additional Information sheet.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I applied for AOS under marriage last year in Houston and we havent gotten an interview date yet. I got a job offer but the employer wont take me because my EAD expires this August. I have sent them a copy of my receipt notice from USCIS. Does anyone know what I can do about this? Will an info pass session help me.

Timeline
10 hours ago, medgirl01 said:

Hi everyone,

I applied for AOS under marriage last year in Houston and we havent gotten an interview date yet. I got a job offer but the employer wont take me because my EAD expires this August. I have sent them a copy of my receipt notice from USCIS. Does anyone know what I can do about this? Will an info pass session help me.

It is illegal for employer for employer to ask about work authorization before they hire you. How did they find out that it expires in august? It is also illegal for them refuse you employment because your EAD expires in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Sweden
Timeline

I got a questions about the i-864 form.

My wife make under the poverty limit right now, but due to an inheritance she has ~$150,000 available in a bank account. Would it be possible to compliment the income with the saved assets? 

I'm just curious if this is up to date : http://www.visajourney.com/content/support

Edited by LostSwede

Timeline
6 hours ago, LostSwede said:

I got a questions about the i-864 form.

My wife make under the poverty limit right now, but due to an inheritance she has ~$150,000 available in a bank account. Would it be possible to compliment the income with the saved assets? 

I'm just curious if this is up to date : http://www.visajourney.com/content/support

yes USCIS prefers you use one or the other. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hi everyone! 

Today, I received an official interview notice for I-485 which is scheduled for Aug 22nd. It has all the generic stuff in it except one part...

There was a second sheet and on it is says attachment and below it says that submitted I-693 is either expired or my file does not contain a valid I-693 form. I am very confused... I submitted I-693 at the time of filing which was way less than 1 year ago. Also, the USCIS did not send me the courtesy letter about I-693 that most people get when they do not submit medical form at the time of filing. Has anyone experienced the same issue? If so, how did you resolve it? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Attached is the screenshot of this attachment section.

Thanks in advance!

Attachment.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.