smiles246

Green Card Spelling Error - Form I-90 Receipt Notice

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a receipt notification (email or mail) for the I-90 form (the form to get a replacement green card)? I received my conditional green card on 06/07/14 but my name was spelled wrong. USCIS said to return the green card with an I-90 form, and that there would be no charge since it was their error (I doublechecked the I-485 form I submitted, and it was correct). I mailed the I-90 along with the green card & the tear-off sheet that came with it, and also included a G-1145 so I would be notified by email when they received it. I mailed the package via UPS to the physical address listed in Phoenix. The package was delivered & signed for on 06/20/14. Here it is two weeks later and I still haven't gotten an email or a notice in the mail that they received the package. I called USCIS today, and they said it's not showing in the system, and to call back in two months becaue it takes 3 months to process. I understand it could take 3 months to process a new card, but I am really worried that they have no record of my I-90 yet. Am I worrying prematurely? For all the other applications I got the email within 2 days, and a NOA I-797 in the mail with a week. Should it take over two weeks for the I-90 receipt?

Timeline

I just got the USCIS acceptance confirmation email receipt today. What a relef! It took 20 days from the date the package was delivered to USCIS. i just wanted to put that out there in case anyone else is wondering how long it takes to get an I-90 receipt.

Timeline

I see that your notification took 20 days also. I was starting to think they had misplaced my application. This has really screwed things up for me. I applied for name change on my social security card using the Employment authorization card, but USCIS issued the green card 5 days later with the typo on it, which invalidated the employment card. i just found out today that SS denied my name change application because the employment card is not valid anymore. I just want to be able to work and get my driver license, but this typo on the green card is making it really hard. i hope you get your replacement card soon. how the heck did they give you a 10 year card?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am in the same boat.

GC for my parents got approved..but when we actually got the GC..they put my moms informatoin next to my dads picture and vice versa.

Please note that they did get the EAD/AP card with the right information.

what does this mean? I know i have to file I90, but can I assume that they are registered permanent citizens now..they got GC or is it still pending..

so frustrating and confusing..

Timeline

Your parents are permanent residents with typographical errors on their green cards. I would recommend they do what I did before returning the incorrect green card--I scheduled an Infopass appointment and got a I-551 stamp in my passport. Unfortunately the EAD/AP combo card is no longer valid once the green card is issued, correct or not, & I needed the I-551 stamp to prove I am a permanent resident so I can work. The I-551 stamp they gave me is valid for a year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.