dwheels76

August 2014 Interviews

2,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Hi Group,

Just wanted to say thank you for your support throughout this difficult year with immigration. After 16 months of this process, today at our interview we were approved.

Our initial interview was scheduled for July 21st at 6:45 am, and we arrived at 5am. At 6:40 am(40 minutes late) the embassy finally opened where we first gave in all necessary paperwork, followed by an attempt for fingerprints only to learn that the system was down.

At 8am the embassy told us ALL INTERVIEWS for the day had been cancelled due to the AC not working and the systems being down. All they told us was they would reach out to us at a later date via email and phone to reschedule the interviews. I WAS PISSED!!! My flight was supposed to leave that night and I just thought MORE WAITING.

After talking with friends, my husband and I decided just to show up the next day at the embassy hoping that we would be able to get in AND WE DID!!!

The following are questions that the Immigration Officer asked us:

1. How and when did you guys meet? (Through Facebook)

2. What did he think of me sending him a friend request?

3. Does he still have Facebook? (She asked for his email to see his page)

4. Do we still talk through Facebook?

5. What phone do I have? Then she asked him in spanish what phone and what phone he had.

6. How many times did I visit?

7. She asked him what did he do that made me want to keep coming back.

8. Do we have kids together?

9. How old are his kids?

10. Do they have the same mother?

11. Was he married before since he had two kids with two different women?

12. She asked to see our pictures , and asked questions about the wedding. - How come my family didn't go, and what did we do afterwards?

13. If he went to college, or at least finished high school?

14. What did I study in school, and then she asked him in spanish what I studied in school. (I graduated college way before I met my husband)

15. I took a binder of bank statements, conversations, and trips, and she asked me to give her anything that would help.

The lady was very friendly and the questions were asked almost as though we were having a conversation, you can tell she was trying to make it as comfortable as possible.

We were very upset though with how the embassy handled the situation on canceling interviews last minute and not even giving a time frame as to when they might be rescheduled.

THANK YOU EVERYBODY, whether I spoke to you or not, I was always reading everybody's comments and notes so I could learn from them.

God bless you all!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Just wanna say Hi to you all. Stil waiting to hear when our interview date will be, hoping by month end we will at least hear something from them. Congrats to y'all that have already been given your visa. Can't wait for ours to come too.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Tomorrow they probably start sheduling interview dates right?

I believe it is quite possible, but as with everything with limited data sets (and run by the US government), nothing is guaranteed.

NVC has been very consistent this year - every 2 weeks with Wednesday being the most popular day. Generally this has lined up with middle and end of month (ie 15th and 30th), but the past few cycles have been out of sync due to months being longer than 4 weeks, so the scheduling has gradually shifted backwards.

The last 4 scheduling rounds started July 9 (mid), June 24 (end), and June 11 (mid), May 28 (end). Each of those are almost 2 weeks on the dot.

If they try to resync it to the end of the month by skipping a week, it will be next week. If they stay with every 2 weeks, it will be this week.

31 May 2013 - Sent I-130 to Phoenix Lockbox

03 Jun 2013 - USPS shows package as received

06 Jun 2013 - Received text and email with receipt number

08 Jun 2013 - Received paper I-797C. Received and Priority date - June 3. Notice date - June 5.

17 Dec 2013 - Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

04 Mar 2014 - I-130 approved

05 Mar 2014 - I-130 shipped to NVC/DOS

17 Mar 2014 - Received by NVC

16 Apr 2014 - Case number assigned

22 Apr 2014 - DS-261 available and completed

23 Apr 2014 - AOS invoice email received
25 Apr 2014 - AOS fee available and paid

26 Apr 2014 - AOS packet sent (delivered 28 Apr, NVC system received 30 Apr)

30 Apr 2014 - IV invoice email received; fee available and paid
01 May 2014 - IV packet sent (delivered 02 May, NVC system received 05 May)

02 May 2014 - DS-260 available and completed

20 May 2014 - received AOS checklist (left mail address blank on I-864EZ)

22 May 2014 - checklist response delivered

27 May 2014 - NVC system received checklist

27 May 2014 - false checklist received

26 Jun 2014 - NVC case complete

10 Jul 2014 - interview scheduled (per phone call)

14 Jul 2014 - receive interview notification email

06 Aug 2014 - interview (approved); visa issued

08 Aug 2014 - passport/visa delivered

30 Aug 2014 - point of entry

10 Sep 2014 - social security card delivered

29 Sep 2014 - green card delivered

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Double post :(

Edited by domwardbound

31 May 2013 - Sent I-130 to Phoenix Lockbox

03 Jun 2013 - USPS shows package as received

06 Jun 2013 - Received text and email with receipt number

08 Jun 2013 - Received paper I-797C. Received and Priority date - June 3. Notice date - June 5.

17 Dec 2013 - Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

04 Mar 2014 - I-130 approved

05 Mar 2014 - I-130 shipped to NVC/DOS

17 Mar 2014 - Received by NVC

16 Apr 2014 - Case number assigned

22 Apr 2014 - DS-261 available and completed

23 Apr 2014 - AOS invoice email received
25 Apr 2014 - AOS fee available and paid

26 Apr 2014 - AOS packet sent (delivered 28 Apr, NVC system received 30 Apr)

30 Apr 2014 - IV invoice email received; fee available and paid
01 May 2014 - IV packet sent (delivered 02 May, NVC system received 05 May)

02 May 2014 - DS-260 available and completed

20 May 2014 - received AOS checklist (left mail address blank on I-864EZ)

22 May 2014 - checklist response delivered

27 May 2014 - NVC system received checklist

27 May 2014 - false checklist received

26 Jun 2014 - NVC case complete

10 Jul 2014 - interview scheduled (per phone call)

14 Jul 2014 - receive interview notification email

06 Aug 2014 - interview (approved); visa issued

08 Aug 2014 - passport/visa delivered

30 Aug 2014 - point of entry

10 Sep 2014 - social security card delivered

29 Sep 2014 - green card delivered

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

congrats to everyone on the recent approvals!!! :goofy:

08-29-2014 POE

USCIS

06-18-2013 I-130 filed-Phoenix Lockbox (Mother & Father-in-law)

06-20-2013 NOA1

12-30-2013 Transferred to NSC0

3-04-2014 I-130 Approved!

03-08-2014 NOA2 Hard Copy Received

NVC

03-05-2014 File Shipped to NVC

03-18-2014 NVC received both files

04-17-2014 NVC case numbers/IIN/BIN assigned

04-24-2014 Completed DS-261 Online

04-25-2014 I-864 (AOS) Bill Generated and Paid/AOS Package Sent/Received E-mail from NVC to fill out DS-261/Pay AOS Fee

04-26-2014 AOS Fee deducted from bank account0

4-28-2014 DS-261 Accepted/IV Fee Invoiced but can't pay

04-29-2014 I-864 (AOS) Bill Shows PAID/I-864 (AOS) Packet Delivered (Signed by FNU)

04-29-2014 Received E-mail from NVC-DS-261 has been accepted

04-30-2014 IV Bill Paid0

5-01-2014 IV Bill deducted from Bank Account

05-01-2014 AOS Package entered into the system

05-02-2014 IV Bill shows PAID/DS-260 Available and Completed online (Waiting for PCC)

05-19-2014 IV Packet Sent overnight0

5-20-2014 IV Packet Delivered (Signed by DRAFAN)

05-21-2014 Checklist via phone for AOS

05-22-2014 Checklist E-mail received for AOS line# 13A for I-864/line# 11 for I-864A/sent checklist response overnight

05-23-2014 Checklist response delivered (Signed by FNU)

05-23-2014 IV Package entered into the system

05-27-2014 False checklist for IV Package

05-28-2014 Checklist response entered into the system

06-26-2014 IV Package accepted!!

06-30-2014 Case Complete!!!

07-08-2014 Case complete E-mail received!

07-09-2014 Interview Scheduled for August 11 @ 12:45PM0

7-18-2014 Medical

07-21-2014 Biometrics appointment

08-11-2014 Interview-APPROVED!!

08-13-2014 Picked up the Passport/Paid ELIS Fee

Filed: Timeline

I am very happy to inform everyone here my CASE IS COMPLETED Today! I am grateful for this site and everyone here. Hope is live and I found that from this site and the people who share their experience here. I have to do mine as well! My response to checklist was scanned on June 11. God bless you all and make this journey to be over for all of us!

Hi Group,

Just wanted to say thank you for your support throughout this difficult year with immigration. After 16 months of this process, today at our interview we were approved.

Our initial interview was scheduled for July 21st at 6:45 am, and we arrived at 5am. At 6:40 am(40 minutes late) the embassy finally opened where we first gave in all necessary paperwork, followed by an attempt for fingerprints only to learn that the system was down.

At 8am the embassy told us ALL INTERVIEWS for the day had been cancelled due to the AC not working and the systems being down. All they told us was they would reach out to us at a later date via email and phone to reschedule the interviews. I WAS PISSED!!! My flight was supposed to leave that night and I just thought MORE WAITING.

After talking with friends, my husband and I decided just to show up the next day at the embassy hoping that we would be able to get in AND WE DID!!!

5. What phone do I have? Then she asked him in spanish what phone and what phone he had.

9. How old are his kids?

12. She asked to see our pictures , and asked questions about the wedding. - How come my family didn't go, and what did we do afterwards?

14. What did I study in school, and then she asked him in spanish what I studied in school. (I graduated college way before I met my husband)

15. I took a binder of bank statements, conversations, and trips, and she asked me to give her anything that would help.

The lady was very friendly and the questions were asked almost as though we were having a conversation, you can tell she was trying to make it as comfortable as possible.

We were very upset though with how the embassy handled the situation on canceling interviews last minute and not even giving a time frame as to when they might be rescheduled.

THANK YOU EVERYBODY, whether I spoke to you or not, I was always reading everybody's comments and notes so I could learn from them.

God bless you all!!

Wow I'm glad you guys were able to get in without an appointment. My interview is Aug 6 n I'm sooo anxious!!! What did you tell them in order to get in? Did they mention how long it would take u to get your passport. Can you expedite it? I want my husband to come to NY with me n I wanted to get an estimate as to how long it'll take him to get his passport. Please keep me inform. Thank you sooo much n God bless! Congrats!!!

I am very happy to inform everyone here my CASE IS COMPLETED Today! I am grateful for this site and everyone here. Hope is live and I found that from this site and the people who share their experience here. I have to do mine as well! My response to checklist was scanned on June 11. God bless you all and make this journey to be over for all of us!

Yay! Another September filer through!! :-)

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Wow I'm glad you guys were able to get in without an appointment. My interview is Aug 6 n I'm sooo anxious!!! What did you tell them in order to get in? Did they mention how long it would take u to get your passport. Can you expedite it? I want my husband to come to NY with me n I wanted to get an estimate as to how long it'll take him to get his passport. Please keep me inform. Thank you sooo much n God bless! Congrats!!!

We went with our original interview letter from the day before and just got lucky that they didn't see the date on it. I've been hearing from other people who are waiting on their passports that it has been taking about 2 weeks to get the passport. Once I get it, I"ll let you know. I'm not sure if you can expedite, I'm pretty sure you can't, BUT I can be wrong. At your interview just check with the immigration officer. And thank you soooo much!!!

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/downloads/adult/adult-schedule.pdf

She's 27 so based on that website she would have to get vaccines for measles, tetanus and vericella. Not sure why she only got 2.

If she did her medical in St.Luke's Manila she is talking about Varicella vaccine, They didn'tgive mine too cause it wasn't available they told me

to call after 4 weeks to find out if the Varicella vaccine is gonna be available but honestly speaking I don't think it will be even available cause I asked my private doctor and she said its not available in the whole country since the start of 2014..Anyway it won't affect her interview cause US embassy was informed and she can the the vaccine when she get to the US. That's what they told me at St. Luke's

She's 27 so based on that website she would have to get vaccines for measles, tetanus and vericella. Not sure why she only got 2.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If she did her medical in St.Luke's Manila she is talking about Varicella vaccine, They didn'tgive mine too cause it wasn't available they told me

to call after 4 weeks to find out if the Varicella vaccine is gonna be available but honestly speaking I don't think it will be even available cause I asked my private doctor and she said its not available in the whole country since the start of 2014..Anyway it won't affect her interview cause US embassy was informed and she can the the vaccine when she get to the US. That's what they told me at St. Luke's

I called my wife again this morning and she mentioned that she got MMR (measles) and HPV, not sure why no tetanus and chicken pox

they didn't give me tetanus either..did she got pregnant before?If she did it means she had her Tetanus toxoid already and I didn't get chicken pox (varicella vaccine either) probably its not available too cause that's what they told me during my medical that they don't have stock of the Varicella vaccine.

I only had two vaccines also. No

chicken pox/ varicella cause the don't have stock. They said it won't be a problem during my interview.

I called my wife again this morning and she mentioned that she got MMR (measles) and HPV, not sure why no tetanus and chicken pox

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Group,

9. How old are his kids?

God bless you all!!

WOW you were truly queried. Congratulations.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.