AnotherLostSoul

I-751 September 2014 Filers

1,059 posts in this topic

Thank you LagLaHou for your information. Do you mind telling me whether you are through VSC or CSC? Have you got to the USPS pick up card status yet?

It was through VSC. I got my card in the mail today. It was mailed 3 days ago.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I got my approval notice by mail on the 29th. USCIS also updated status from card ordered to be produced to has been mailed. However, it doesn't show a tracking number yet.

What I post here is merely my personal opinion and not a valid legal advice and should not be viewed as such.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

I got my approval notice by mail on the 29th. USCIS also updated status from card ordered to be produced to has been mailed. However, it doesn't show a tracking number yet.

You will get an update with the tracking number shortly after USPS picks up mail containing your card!

You will get one after USPS picks up the mail.

whoa...it took 9 days for them to assign the service request to an officer?

Yes, they are so busy trying to catch up on cases from July and August, let alone try to accomplish Sept. How is it that VSC still has cases from July and August??? No wonder Sept filer have to wait so long. Now the wait list is getting even longer with Oct filers hitting 8 months and Nov filers hitting 7 months. Glad the service request actually gave a positive result and they came up with a decision. I feel like their response for about 95% of the time a service request is submitted, is that the case is within "normal processing times".

Good luck to all the of you still waiting.

Edited by plamjordan11

Yes, they are so busy trying to catch up on cases from July and August, let alone try to accomplish Sept. How is it that VSC still has cases from July and August??? No wonder Sept filer have to wait so long. Now the wait list is getting even longer with Oct filers hitting 8 months and Nov filers hitting 7 months. Glad the service request actually gave a positive result and they came up with a decision. I feel like their response for about 95% of the time a service request is submitted, is that the case is within "normal processing times".

Good luck to all the of you still waiting.

The VSC is terrible. We had them for the I-130 process. We were one of the last ones on this site from Dec 2011 filers that were approved (with no RFEs). Now we have them for the I-751 process. Filed on 09/26/14. Biometrics was on 11/10/2014.

Since then....nothing.

If we look up our case status, it just says we should watch the mail for Biometrics. I remember the "My Case Status" on the USCIS site being equally useless while waiting for approval on the I-130.

11/04/2011 - Married San Diego, Venezuela
12/01/2011 - I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox
12/05/2011 - NOA1, Vermont Service Center
06/25/2012 - NOA2 Approval
10/03/2012 - NVC processed IV Application and assigned interview date
11/07/2012 - Interview at US Embassy in Caracas - APPROVED
11/20/2012 - Visa Received
12/17/2012 - Arrival home in Buffalo, NY, PoE = Aruba

Lifting Conditions

09/26/2014 - Filed I-751 - VSC

10/15/2014 - NOA

11/10/2014 - Biometrics at Buffalo, NY Field Office

06/10/2015 - Update to case stating new green card is on order. Approved!

06/16/2015 - Update to case stating new green card was shipped with tracking number

06/18/2015 - New Green card arrived!

The VSC is terrible. We had them for the I-130 process. We were one of the last ones on this site from Dec 2011 filers that were approved (with no RFEs). Now we have them for the I-751 process. Filed on 09/26/14. Biometrics was on 11/10/2014.

Since then....nothing.

If we look up our case status, it just says we should watch the mail for Biometrics. I remember the "My Case Status" on the USCIS site being equally useless while waiting for approval on the I-130.

What is the receipt date on your NOA-1, they might consider you a October filer and that will means wait at least two more months to know if anything will happen.

I agree, their website version of checking your status is useless. Or it is useful if you want to wait for at least 2 weeks to update, and let's be honest sometimes it doesn't even update.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congrats Inqztve. I'm happy for you. It's always a good thing to get the stress of waiting off ones shoulders. I wish they'll just sort every application bout so that people will get on with their lives.

Timeline

Congrats Inqztve. I'm happy for you. It's always a good thing to get the stress of waiting off ones shoulders. I wish they'll just sort every application bout so that people will get on with their lives.

Thank you. I finally received my card today. Feels nice to know my stay here is not limited duration any more. :)

What I post here is merely my personal opinion and not a valid legal advice and should not be viewed as such.

Thank you. I finally received my card today. Feels nice to know my stay here is not limited duration any more. :)

Now watch it buddy. They can make it illegal any time if they want to. :-) :-)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Infopass appointment is waste of time , they don't have any update what so ever... what ever questions you asked them reply is " i don't know" "may be"

any how i took i-551 stamp on passport - it is almost 9 months god knows how long for the process,

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

I got this to my service request:

"Our records show that your I-751 is currently pending adjudication. We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter. "

What does it mean? Simply waiting in the queue?

Did you receive the response by email?

Timeline

Did you receive the response by email?

Yes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.