N_ick85

marrying a US citizen.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi guys!

How is everybody? I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone here has married a US citizen? I'm in the UK and was hoping some people on here have already gone through this process? its seems daunting to me and so important that everything goes through correctly and properly. terrified at forgetting something or getting something wrong!!

Nick

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There are pages and pages and pages of posts from people who have.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi guys!

How is everybody? I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone here has married a US citizen? I'm in the UK and was hoping some people on here have already gone through this process? its seems daunting to me and so important that everything goes through correctly and properly. terrified at forgetting something or getting something wrong!!

Nick

:lol: I think one or two of us may have.

Welcome to the UK section :)

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Most people on here did or are going to, I did, what do you want to know

Fill in your timeline so when you ask stuff folk will know where you are in this somewhat lengthy process.

Edited by nobbie

Yup, my hubby is from the US.

Click below to see our Timeline

2013-09-07 Married!

USCIS

2013-09-16 - Sent i-130

2013-09-18 - Priority date

2013-09-20 - NOA1

2014-03-03 - Transferred to CSC

2014-03-07 - NOA2 - APPROVED

NVC

2014-03-18 - NVC received

2014-04-17 - NVC case number/IIN assigned

2014-04-25 - Completed DS-261 online

2014-04-25- DS-261 accepted

2014-04-28 - I-864(AOS) Bill Generated and paid

2014-04-29 - Sent I-864(AOS) Package

2014-04-30- IV bill invoiced and paid

2014-04-30 - IV packets sent

2014-05-06 - DS-260 completed online

2014-05-23 - Checklist for AOS

2014-05-24 - AOS Checklist response submitted

2014-05-28 - IV and DS-260 approved!

2014-06-02 - AOS Checklist scanned

2014-07-08 - CASE COMPLETE!!

2014-07-10 - Interview scheduled (letter arrived 2014-07-11)

CONSULATE

2014-08-18 - Medical (completed)

2014-09-02 - Interview (APPROVED!!)

2014-09-08 - Visa in hand

2014-09-25 - POE

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - I751

2016-07-28 - I751 Mailed

2016-07-29 - Package Received

2016-08-02 - Check Cashed

STILL NO NOA1 !!!!

• 4 weeks later...

It's kinda like AA - my name is Richard I married a US citizen. Whaddya want to know ?

Things I can tell you.

1) Unless your situation is unusual - you don't need a lawyer - it's not that hard. I did it...

2) You will ask questions that have been asked many times before - we all did

3) People will be a little more gentle with you if you do a bit of reading first - the guides are very useful but it's worth double checking to make sure that things haven't changed.

4) The process will stretch out into the distance and things won't happen for a long time and then the next thing you'll be rushing to get everything done and hey ho you'll be here

5) You *will*take too much stuff to the Embassy when you finally go for your interview despite us all telling us you won't need it (we all did)

6) You've come to right place.

*Do* start a timeline - it's easier for us and the site can tell you more about the process if you do.

Best of luck on your journey.

Richard

event.png

event.png

Marrying a US citizen in 39 days :)

Your best place to start would be here - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/

Read it in full and if there's anything you don't understand then ask away

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.