The Nature Boy

The who should be Mod and Mod Issues Thread

1,238 posts in this topic

I'm backtracking on my previous request for leniency in this forum, some people simply can't control themselves. As far as I'm concerned, keep it as is with the mods already in place, or add a new mod that will enforce the existing TOS.

You do know, though, that if you were mod, you would be tasked with executing the TOS as it exists and not as you wish it did?

and that is the rub. There is just so much open to interpretation. Also you have to know the people. A mod came in here and deleted 16 posts the other day, "they" deemed to be off topic, baiting etc. By that standard you can delete about 90% of the posts in here on any given day. How can any 1 person objectively , just arbitrarily decide 16 posts need to go

What if you had no clue that Marvin and i pick on each other, but that I genuinely respect and like the guy, and you saw my posts the other day accusing him of being racist against Asians. I was making a parody and the real joke is he is married to an Asian. He got it and I assume most did . However if you came blazing in, you could easily take that wrong and nuke the post.

The TOS are like loitering statues, Take them litteraly and you could arrest almost everyone in town, however a cop must use good sense and only apply them in extreme measures.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

You do know, though, that if you were mod, you would be tasked with executing the TOS as it exists and not as you wish it did?

Nice job if you can get it...

Of course, there is no such thing as "objective truth", eh? Perhaps this is part of your personal 'deficit'. :rofl:

Ewok's house. His rules. It is quite simple, really.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Yep, spent two days in the hole for using derogatory language against black people. I've changed my ways.

I know. I think Spooky is a great bet also. Making me a mod would incite a riot here with some members.

I have said from the start I think Spooks has the right temperament I don't see him over modding at all, and he is right down the middle. The question is, would he run awfowl of the other more zealous mods that practice slash and burn modding.

Marvin you have a good temperament for it and would also be a good choice, I really in my heart don't think you would bring your biased racial views into it

I also think B and D would do well

We need a calming influence, the kind of Mod that would just tap you on the shoulder first and ask you to tone it down.

Timeline

I'm backtracking on my previous request for leniency in this forum, some people simply can't control themselves. As far as I'm concerned, keep it as is with the mods already in place, or add a new mod that will enforce the existing TOS.

We have seen what leniency does. Same people, same MO, same violations and same attitude. And to boot, they feign outrage when it results in their being voted out of the island yet once again.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Timeline

and that is the rub. There is just so much open to interpretation. Also you have to know the people. A mod came in here and deleted 16 posts the other day, "they" deemed to be off topic, baiting etc. By that standard you can delete about 90% of the posts in here on any given day. How can any 1 person objectively , just arbitrarily decide 16 posts need to go

What if you had no clue that Marvin and i pick on each other, but that I genuinely respect and like the guy, and you saw my posts the other day accusing him of being racist against Asians. I was making a parody and the real joke is he is married to an Asian. He got it and I assume most did . However if you came blazing in, you could easily take that wrong and nuke the post.

The TOS are like loitering statues, Take them litteraly and you could arrest almost everyone in town, however a cop must use good sense and only apply them in extreme measures.

I'll tell you what I really think, for a change.

They should lifetime ban me and a bunch of other people.

And the standard that ought to be applied to every single post on the current events forum should be based on how that single post is perceived by one person sitting in Iowa or the Ukraine, who has no knowledge of personal dynamics or chemistry.

If there's one post on this forum that anyone googling for immigration information sees and it leads them to the belief that VJ isn't friendly to people like them, then that post should not be here.

The function of this forum, IMO, is to attract people. Not to repel them.

Edited by mota bhai

Timeline

I'll tell you what I really think, for a change.

They should lifetime ban me and a bunch of other people.

And the standard that ought to be applied to every single post on the current events forum should be based on how that single post is perceived by that one person sitting in Iowa or the Ukraine, who has no knowledge of personal dynamics or chemistry.

If there's one post on this forum that anyone googling for immigration information sees and it leads them to the belief that VJ isn't friendly to people like them, then that post should not be here.

The function of this forum, IMO, is to attract people. Not to repel them.

Ding. Ding. Ding. We have a winner.

You should become a mod!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I predict another 100 page NB thread.

This place is like tabloids. Only it's not sex that sells, it's discussing the Mods

If members riot, you drop the ban hammer on them. Repeat as necessary.

Understood. Just didn't want it perceived I was targeting certain folks.

I have said from the start I think Spooks has the right temperament I don't see him over modding at all, and he is right down the middle. The question is, would he run awfowl of the other more zealous mods that practice slash and burn modding.

Marvin you have a good temperament for it and would also be a good choice, I really in my heart don't think you would bring your biased racial views into it

I also think B and D would do well

We need a calming influence, the kind of Mod that would just tap you on the shoulder first and ask you to tone it down.

I wouldn't. I can tell when you're joking and you're trying to be something else. I will admit I would watch certain people more closely since they've shown a tendency to glide that way.

We have seen what leniency does. Same people, same MO, same violations and same attitude. And to boot, they feign outrage when it results in their being voted out of the island yet once again.

This!!!!

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

It was Kritik's request, but who's to worry about objective truth, right? :rofl: :rofl:

Thank you, and I think he can start leaving my deceased Mother out of this