mebinkle

What's going on with the Texas Service Center and the I-129f? When should I be Concerned?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Our I-129f was recieved in Texas on Febrauary 19th and is at the Texas Service Center. I haven't heard anything since February 21st. I feel like I should be hearing any day for my NOA2. I can see from this website how fast California is processing ones that got sent in April. What is going on at the Texas service center? Should I call anybody to make sure my case isn't lost? It's just so frustrating to see people who only filed a month ago being processed while we're about to go into our 5th month of waiting. Our case is very simple and cut and dry. I met him while studying in the UK and we've been dating for what's going on 4 years now.

Also when I look at the Immigration timelines the Texas processing date keeps jumping all around from February 1st to February 13th and back again. What's going on with this? It's just frustrating going so long and not hearing anything.

Timeline

Our I-129f was recieved in Texas on Febrauary 19th and is at the Texas Service Center. I haven't heard anything since February 21st. I feel like I should be hearing any day for my NOA2. I can see from this website how fast California is processing ones that got sent in April. What is going on at the Texas service center? Should I call anybody to make sure my case isn't lost? It's just so frustrating to see people who only filed a month ago being processed while we're about to go into our 5th month of waiting. Our case is very simple and cut and dry. I met him while studying in the UK and we've been dating for what's going on 4 years now.

Also when I look at the Immigration timelines the Texas processing date keeps jumping all around from February 1st to February 13th and back again. What's going on with this? It's just frustrating going so long and not hearing anything.

Join the club! We'll hit 6 months next week and no end in sight.

Like you, our case is very straight forward, I don't think that makes a difference. TSC is massively backlogged, you can see that if you look back at their trends of receipts and completions over the last few months.

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do but wait. Take a look at Igor's list, you can see on there what's happening at TSC right now. It looks like they're finally processing December's petitions so, if that trend continues, you should expect to hear something in approximately 2 month's time.

ps - your immigration timeline on is based on the data other users input so it will change as people update their timelines. You should also bear in mind that it's completely inaccurate, go by Igor's list, that gives you a better picture of what's happening right now.

Edited by bunnygirl

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to USCIS Service Centers Forum~

~inquiry about TSC~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Don't bother anyone until 10 months have lapsed. You're within the regular timeline.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

You can consider inquiring about your case status with your senator or Congressman. You can contact them and express your concern about the discrepancy between CSC and TSC and ask them to inquire about your case and see if that helps. Others have done that and it has worked for some. :) Good luck to you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Me too... I filed around the same time as you! February 10ish.. I haven't heard anything since February 20th.. We've been dating for almost 4 years now.

*** I am the beneficiary ***

laB4m4.png

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2014-02-10

NOA1 : 2014-02-18

NOA2 USCIS Notification - Hardcopy : 2014-08-11 (174 days)

Case received by NVC: 2014-08-15

Case number assigned: 2014-08-27

Case left NVC to consulate: 2014-08-28

Received by consulate: 2014-09-08

Received Packet 3: 2014-09-12

Sent Packet 3: 2014-12-05

Received Packet 4: 2014-12-11

Medical: 2015-01-19

Interview Date: 2015-02-06 (APPROVED)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

That's just TSC, it sucks, but they seem to be letting huge backlogs grow and then shifting tons of firepower to each backlog one at a time. Sent ours in with a NOA1 of January 30, 2014. I have an inquiry in with our congressman, called to check on it today, but they didn't answer. Probably a bunch of people calling pissed that they banned Uber here in VA.

R

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

We sent our application last May 23, received NOA1 on May 30. Earlier i checked our status and it stated 'on June 5, your alien registration number was changed..'

We don't know if that is a good or bad thing.

But like you guys we are being handled by TSC and worried as to how long will this process be especially waiting for NOA2.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I guess i will write to my representatives also. I mean seriously! there should not be such a discrepancy as to which center handles to paper work. It is so frustrating!

Timeline

We sent our application last May 23, received NOA1 on May 30. Earlier i checked our status and it stated 'on June 5, your alien registration number was changed..'

We don't know if that is a good or bad thing.

But like you guys we are being handled by TSC and worried as to how long will this process be especially waiting for NOA2.

Yea, we sent ours in February 19th and our alein registration number was changed on February 21st. I'm thinking this just means your case was assigned an Alien Registration number, so nothing to worry about there. It's the wait for the NOA2 that's the challenge. Hopefully things start moving quicker in Texas! Good luck with everything!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yea, we sent ours in February 19th and our alein registration number was changed on February 21st. I'm thinking this just means your case was assigned an Alien Registration number, so nothing to worry about there. It's the wait for the NOA2 that's the challenge. Hopefully things start moving quicker in Texas! Good luck with everything!

You got a change of alien resignation number earlier than your noa 1. We're really looking forward to more good news here regarding the processing at TSC.

Timeline

You got a change of alien resignation number earlier than your noa 1. We're really looking forward to more good news here regarding the processing at TSC.

Sorry I got some dates mixed up. I sent ours on February 11. We got our NOA1 on February 19 and our Alien registration number was changed on February 21st. Hopefully Texas starts moving faster!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.