jedsami

Please Help DS-260 for DV 2015

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

It is pleasure to join the community.

My son born in Uzbekistan age 21yrs he won DV2015 lottery his Case number is EU20150008XXX

My question is he don’t completed high school diploma remain last year only means 11years completed 01 year short that equal to US high school diploma.

But in DV2015 entry he mentioned education high school diploma

My son left from college in 2004, but did not write off his name from college, so in that case he can re-join college to finish last year

After he left from college he started working in company having enough experience in field of Service Sales Representative as mention in O*Net Online Database under the job zone 4 & 5.

My questions are;

1-Can he mention in DS260 form and present in interview the job experience letter issued him from same companies where he worked?

2-Although he mention in DV2015 form that he have high school diploma should he present un completed 11yrs educational high school evidence?

3-As mentioned above he didn’t write off his name from college is it possible to show that he is still studying?

4-Can he mention his mother in DS260 her mother also Uzbekistan national?

currently he is in Uzbekistan I am writing on his behalf because don't have access internet in Uzbekistan.

I am Pakistani national living and working legally in Saudi Arabia.

Please guide me

Kind regards,

I'm not sure I'm undertaking exactly all that you are asking but:

He must tell the truth about what his education is. It sounds like he does not qualify on education so will need to do so via work experience. He must make sure he meets the requirements for this and be able to prove that to the interviewing officer - it won't be just job title he goes on but what the job responsibilities are, etc. it must be job zone 4 or 5 with SVP>7 for at least two years. I have to be honest, I would be surprised if a 21 year old without a degree is already in a job that qualifies, but as long as he can prove it to the officer he would be fine. I think there is something I don't understand because you say he is 21 but that he left college in 2004 which doesn't add up to me, so I may have something wrong here.

No he cannot put his mother on as a derivative, only spouses or children can get derivative visas.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline

I'm not sure I'm undertaking exactly all that you are asking but:

He must tell the truth about what his education is. It sounds like he does not qualify on education so will need to do so via work experience. He must make sure he meets the requirements for this and be able to prove that to the interviewing officer - it won't be just job title he goes on but what the job responsibilities are, etc. it must be job zone 4 or 5 with SVP>7 for at least two years. I have to be honest, I would be surprised if a 21 year old without a degree is already in a job that qualifies, but as long as he can prove it to the officer he would be fine. I think there is something I don't understand because you say he is 21 but that he left college in 2004 which doesn't add up to me, so I may have something wrong here.

No he cannot put his mother on as a derivative, only spouses or children can get derivative visas.

Hi SusieQQQ

WOW!!! what a quick response appreciate really.

back to the point.

his job responsibilities match as mention in zone 4 or 5 and under that category "Sales Representative" also not found on site degree necessity

regarding have job with out a degree yes it is possible lots of employees working as sales representative having no degree.

base on your reply I would like to ask;

1- he mention in entry high school diploma is it will be questionable if he present un finish high school education? is that will not be cause of reject his visa?

2- Is it possible to present and mention work experience along with un completed educational background will it support to ensure to get visa?

Kind Regards,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

He is shaky on education as others have said. He won't be able to file for you until he is a USC at least 5 years after the green card if he gets it.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

He is shaky on education as others have said. He won't be able to file for you until he is a USC at least 5 years after the green card if he gets it.

thank you NigeriaorBust,

appreciate your reply

regards,

Hi SusieQQQ

WOW!!! what a quick response appreciate really.

back to the point.

his job responsibilities match as mention in zone 4 or 5 and under that category "Sales Representative" also not found on site degree necessity

regarding have job with out a degree yes it is possible lots of employees working as sales representative having no degree.

base on your reply I would like to ask;

1- he mention in entry high school diploma is it will be questionable if he present un finish high school education? is that will not be cause of reject his visa?

2- Is it possible to present and mention work experience along with un completed educational background will it support to ensure to get visa?

Kind Regards,

The requirements are very simple and very specific, and were both on the entry form and the dvselectee page linked to from the notification letter:

- either completion of high school equivalent to US high school diploma (12 years schooling in most instances)

- or 2 of the last 5 years in a job that is job zone 4 or 5 with SVP>7 on o*net.

Bear in mind that people who have used work experience to qualify have reported that it is not an easy route. I'm not saying he is not qualified, I haven't checked the requirements, all I am saying is that most jobs in that category are not something somebody that young would usually be doing especially without a degree (well someone that young at college would usually still be at college I guess). Am I understanding correctly that he is 21 years old? I have pasted the usual requirements for job zone 4 below. College is not always a must but if it isn't it usually means a lot of work experience is required.

As to the question whether he will get rejected because his entry said he had completed high school when he hadn't - actually I don't know. They don't use that question to select people so I am guessing (but am not sure) that that alone won't be cause for rejection. However the fact that he did falsely state something may be a signal for the interviewing officer to check extra carefully everything else. Especially for the work requirement, the officer will want to know in detail what work he has done and will probably want to check on that.

----

From o*net:

Job Zone Four: Considerable Preparation Needed; Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.; A considerable amount of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for these occupations; Employees in these occupations usually need several years of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training; Many of these occupations involve coordinating, supervising, managing, or training others. Examples include accountants, sales managers, database administrators, teachers, chemists, environmental engineers, criminal investigators, and special agents.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline

The requirements are very simple and very specific, and were both on the entry form and the dvselectee page linked to from the notification letter:

- either completion of high school equivalent to US high school diploma (12 years schooling in most instances)

- or 2 of the last 5 years in a job that is job zone 4 or 5 with SVP>7 on o*net.

Bear in mind that people who have used work experience to qualify have reported that it is not an easy route. I'm not saying he is not qualified, I haven't checked the requirements, all I am saying is that most jobs in that category are not something somebody that young would usually be doing especially without a degree (well someone that young at college would usually still be at college I guess). Am I understanding correctly that he is 21 years old? I have pasted the usual requirements for job zone 4 below. College is not always a must but if it isn't it usually means a lot of work experience is required.

As to the question whether he will get rejected because his entry said he had completed high school when he hadn't - actually I don't know. They don't use that question to select people so I am guessing (but am not sure) that that alone won't be cause for rejection. However the fact that he did falsely state something may be a signal for the interviewing officer to check extra carefully everything else. Especially for the work requirement, the officer will want to know in detail what work he has done and will probably want to check on that.

----

From o*net:

Job Zone Four: Considerable Preparation Needed; Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.; A considerable amount of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for these occupations; Employees in these occupations usually need several years of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training; Many of these occupations involve coordinating, supervising, managing, or training others. Examples include accountants, sales managers, database administrators, teachers, chemists, environmental engineers, criminal investigators, and special agents.

Thank you again for your quick response!

yes he is 21yrs

I understand the situation things which, make us confuse either we have to use his un-finish college education or we have to use his work experience

although he is 01 year short of equal to US high school diploma which is less requirement.

during his employment he also done IGCSE (O'Level) in Saudi Arab appear as private student. (forget to inform)

from company where he worked he got experience official letter from his boss, there isn't mention what else he have to proof 02 experience.

my I need further help and guide line when start filling up DS-260!

Kind Regards,

O-level/GCSE is not enough for equivalency to US, it needs to be A-level (even though that is 13 years)

Very few people take the work experience route so there is not a lot around about it, but the reports that have been seen show that it is not that easy. I will see if I can find one or two and post the links so you can have some idea what is required - later, don't have time right now.

Here is one but the main thing really just from the first post, to show that just a letter from the company does not seem to be enough - unfortunately the poster does not seem to have come back to say what he did end up bringing and if he was successful

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/proof-of-work-experience.305291/

And here is someone who was successful in doing it. Note links in one of the posts to an earlier thread in which the topic was discussed as well.

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/successful-thankyou-all.317746/#post-2317948

Edited by SusieQQQ

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi I would like to know what is the last date of submission of DS-260 for DV2015?

As I read earlier post says "before end of fiscal year" and I have no idea when US fiscal year ended :(

Could you please guide me?

Regards

Sami

Filed: Timeline

Hi I would like to know what is the last date of submission of DS-260 for DV2015?

As I read earlier post says "before end of fiscal year" and I have no idea when US fiscal year ended :(

Regards

Sami

Should be before 30th Sep 2015. but keep in mind you should have some time to stamp your visa. therefore I would say 30th Aug 2015.

Timeline

Regards

Sami

The year for visas end in september that is when the visa must be issued by. If you wait too long you won't have time for all the paperwork medical and AP if any

Timeline

The year for visas end in september that is when the visa must be issued by. If you wait too long you won't have time for all the paperwork medical and AP if any

@NigeriaorBust, @Idea Mani

Gentlemen, Appreciate your replies!

So, in that case it will be perfect to submit in middle of Aug’2014

Thanks & Regards,

Should be before 30th Sep 2015. but keep in mind you should have some time to stamp your visa. therefore I would say 30th Aug 2015.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply

Regards,

Sami

Regards

Sami

Um. The visa itself only has it be issued by Sept 30 BUT KCC needs time (usually a month maybe longer) to process your forms and arrange an appointment. You will be sailing very close to the wind if you only submit your form in August. September interview schedule will already have been published in July....you may find there are no interview slots left if you leave it that late.

Why are you trying to leave it to the last minute?

Timeline

I was looking at O net under sales representive and the ones that are higher ranked are usually technical reps that have a 4 year degree . The one listed for high school grads are zone 2 , Just what does your son sell ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.