paigecharlotte

Expedite Request Denied

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I made an expedite request for my stepson's I-130 petition. I am the US citizen petitioner. The application is at the Vermont Service Center with a March 4, 2014 priority date.

Approximately an hour after my request was submitted, I received an email indicating that my request was denied because the application is with an adjudicator. Does this mean that the application is currently being processed? Will we not have to wait the 5 month processing time?

Edited by paigecharlotte

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline

I filed for my step daughter to come live here in the US back in Dec 2013. In Feb 2014 there was a non death or non medical related emergency and my request for expedite was approved within 3-5 business days with no questions. I bevel that each case is unique and handled differently.

01/06/2012- Married My best friend

05/09/2012- Mailed I-130 via Fed Ex

5/10/2012- I-130 has been received & Signed for at the Chicago lockbox at 10:23 am

05/14/2012- Received NOA1 via Text Message

05/17/2012- Received NOA1 via Snail Mail(Postmarked 5/15/2012)

07/27/2012- 9:36 am Received NOA2 via text message (thought it was a dream)

07/30/2012- Started calling the NVC to see if case has been received

08/02/2012 -Called NVC- Rep told me that NVC Received Package 07/30/2012 (Still no case# assigned)

08/16/2012 -Called NVC- Information has been entered and received my case number (Yahooo)

08/24/2012- AOS Bill invoiced and paid

08/30/2012- Emailed the DS-3023

09/05/2012- Sent AOS (Affidavit of support) packet via Fed Ex (overnight)

09/06/2012- AOS Packet received

09/11/2012- Received email notification that the DS-3023 (Choice of Agent) has been accepted

09/13/2012- Received IV Bill

09/13/2012- Paid IV Bill

09/17/2012- IV marked as paid

09/17/2012- Sent IV Package (DS-230) via Fed Ex

09/18/2012- IV Package Received

09/18/2012- AOS Packet Accepted

09/25/2012- Called NVC and found out I have an RFE

09/26/2012- Received RFE via EMAIL

10/01/2012- Sent original divorce documentation (RFE) via Fed Ex overnight

10/15/2012- CASE COMPLETE (Yahoooooooooooo)

10/23/2012- Case complete email received..

11/02/2012- Called DOS and received interview date

11/05/2012- Received email with check list and appointment date

11/20/2012- Medical Completed

12/03/2012- Interview Scheduled

12/24/2012- Entered the USA and got to MN at 12:08 am on 12/25/2012 Merry X-Mas to us

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You expedite request was denied because your sons priority date is not current. You can only expedite a case whos PD is current, or qualifys under "Immediate Relative" (IR) status.

Adjudication = waiting on PD to become current

(Since you didnt give specifics on whether your son is over age 21, or whether or not you are a US Citizen, I am assuming he is under F1/F2B visa category)

Edited by walfredo

Timeline

You expedite request was denied because your sons priority date is not current. You can only expedite a case whos PD is current, or qualifys under "Immediate Relative" (IR) status.

Adjudication = waiting on PD to become current

(Since you didnt give specifics on whether your son is over age 21, or whether or not you are a US Citizen, I am assuming he is under F1/F2B visa category)

My son is under 21 and unmarried. He qualifies as an Immediate Relative. The reply that I received stated that the petition is with an adjudicator. So, you are saying that the request was denied because the priority date is not current and that the petition is not with an actual employee who is processing the application?

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My son is under 21 and unmarried. He qualifies as an Immediate Relative. The reply that I received stated that the petition is with an adjudicator. So, you are saying that the request was denied because the priority date is not current and that the petition is not with an actual employee who is processing the application?

If your son is under 21 then from what I understand, he doesnt have a "priority date" per se, because he qualifies as immediate relative (as your husbands step-son) and doesnt need to wait for a visa #. I thought "adjudicated" meant waiting for PD to become current (as in I-485 applications "waiting adjudication").

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline

I filed for my step daughter to come live here in the US back in Dec 2013. In Feb 2014 there was a non death or non medical related emergency and my request for expedite was approved within 3-5 business days with no questions. I bevel that each case is unique and handled differently.

Hi, need help on this: " I filled for my wife on sept 2013 and she have the interview in Cuban embassy next week ,but by mistake we did not filed for her son (12 years old) , he is an ir-1, im citizen.i filled for expedite because he cant be alone in Cuba, i have not received any answer yet ,only a letter that they transfer for supervisory review , can somebody tell me what's my posiblity of to be aproved,how long it take or i have to wait almost a year again? . really im very frustated with my mistake . if they aprove it ,nvc will be fast also? please help i dont want make more mistake on this.

Timeline

They law says that a child is considered for IR-1 if you get married with her mom before he get 18 years old ,is that your case?,if it is he is IR-1 ,i dont know why they denied im in the same case of you ,waiting for expedite for my stepson. i read many time the law and dont find where says something about ,PD or IR-1 can be expedite,we only aplied for humanitary reason ,and its at discrecion of the inmigration oficer.

Filed: Timeline

Thank you for this information. My wife filed for me while I was in the U.S. My minor son is in Jamaica. We recently learned that his application has been approved. Now we are waiting to go through NVC and the U.S. consulate in Jamaica. We waited a little over 5 months for the approval of the I-130.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

If your son is under 21 then from what I understand, he doesnt have a "priority date" per se, because he qualifies as immediate relative (as your husbands step-son) and doesnt need to wait for a visa #. I thought "adjudicated" meant waiting for PD to become current (as in I-485 applications "waiting adjudication").

No - 'adjudicated' means the casefile was reviewed by an adjudicator and a decision made (approve/deny).

all casefiles wait in an adjudicating queue. When the queue position gets the casefile in front of an adjudicator, then there is no need for expedite, as a human has the casefile in his/her adjudication queue and that casefile is on the desk, being reviewed.

IR-2s do not suffer from PD being current.

'to adjudicate' never means waiting for a PD to become current.

is rare that an I-485 is waiting for a PD to become current, although there was a loophole on this last quarter of 2013 and it was possible for AOS cases, for LPR petitioners, to be in country and get a green card. That loophole is closed.

Lots of language you wrote, that is seemingly misapplied to current immigration terminology and process.

Sorry.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hi, need help on this: " I filled for my wife on sept 2013 and she have the interview in Cuban embassy next week ,but by mistake we did not filed for her son (12 years old) , he is an ir-1, im citizen.i filled for expedite because he cant be alone in Cuba, i have not received any answer yet ,only a letter that they transfer for supervisory review , can somebody tell me what's my posiblity of to be aproved,how long it take or i have to wait almost a year again? . really im very frustated with my mistake . if they aprove it ,nvc will be fast also? please help i dont want make more mistake on this.

You will have to stick with the supervisor or ISO at USCIS that is handling your expedite request, hammer on that human via telephone until you get the answer.

if you included a reasonable letter in the request for expedite, then supervisory review should speed things along.

I made an expedite request for my stepson's I-130 petition. I am the US citizen petitioner. The application is at the Vermont Service Center with a March 4, 2014 priority date.

Approximately an hour after my request was submitted, I received an email indicating that my request was denied because the application is with an adjudicator. Does this mean that the application is currently being processed? Will we not have to wait the 5 month processing time?

This is actually good news ,

as

the casefile is on a human's desk.

That human handles adjudication on the casefile.

It's been a bit - was the casefile approved during June 2014 or no ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

You will have to stick with the supervisor or ISO at USCIS that is handling your expedite request, hammer on that human via telephone until you get the answer.

if you included a reasonable letter in the request for expedite, then supervisory review should speed things along.

as

Thank for your help, but can you give an idea how can a get the supervisor that handling my request,do i have to call nebraska or.......i dont have an idea how to reach that especific person.i need as soon as posible because my wife has interview next week ,and they give to her visa for only 6 month .and she wont let her son alone in cuba.

Timeline

as

The I-130 was approved on August 8, 2014.

Timeline

that's cool - pound on NVC to get things rolling for expedite request there,

and find out where the physical casefile is, calling USCIS, getting an ISO, asking :

1. was the casefile scanned yet into the A-File? If yes, what date did it finish?

2. did the casefile make it to the loading dock to get out to NVC? if yes, what date did it hit the loading dock?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.