I-485, I-131, I-765 NOA: 04/20/2014

I-485 RFE: 05/12/2014

I-485 RFE Received: 5/21/2014

I-131 and I-765 Approved: 06/28/2014

EAD/AP Combo Card Mailed: 07/07/2014

POTENTIAL INTERVIEW WAIVER LETTER DATED 07/29/2014

Card/Document Production: 04/07/2015

Welcome Notice Sent: 04/07/2015

AOS APPROVAL PREDICTION DATE: April 22, 2015 brought to you by good ol' Mountain Dew!

APPROVED!!!! 04/07/2015

Did anyone with the interview waiver letter get their GC yet?

Or did anyone travel with their AP/ EAD?

Nope.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Tomorrow is my interview, i already have all set for tomorrow, my wife did a really nice scrapbook with a loooot of pictures, we got all the letters in my name and hers, like credit card bills, promotions, and whatever. the rent contract, the car lease and the car insurance, all with both names. Is that good ??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Tomorrow is my interview, i already have all set for tomorrow, my wife did a really nice scrapbook with a loooot of pictures, we got all the letters in my name and hers, like credit card bills, promotions, and whatever. the rent contract, the car lease and the car insurance, all with both names. Is that good ??

Good luck to you!

Hi! I remember you both as one of the first same-sex K-1 visa filers on the binational SS couples thread.

It's too bad you ended up on the interview waiver list. I've had my GC since Sep 2014 but we got a tough AOS marriage interview.

I wish you the best of luck and stay strong through this waiting period.

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline

Wish I would have read this last week but I hope everything went smoothly! It does sound like you had everything. I'm sure your GC will be on its way soon.

• 2 weeks later...

After the long wait we have finally been approved and our Green Card was mailed today. Hang in there everyone. It WILL HAPPEN.

I am the US Citizen

Journey to Citizenship for my spouse

Day 1    11-20-2017  Filed N-400 Online

Day 1    11-20-2017  NOA1 for N-400

Day 4    11-24-2017  NOA1 hardcopy arrived in the mail

Day 25  12-15-2017  Biometrics Appointment at Ft Smith, AR ASC

Day 104 03-02-2018 Notified Interview Letter Sent.

Day 151 04-18-2018 Interview at Fort Smith, AR 

Day 174 05-11-2018 Oath Ceremony at Fort Smith USCIS.

Day 1,370 - JOURNEY from K1 Visa to Oath of Citizenship is now COMPLETE!

After the long wait we have finally been approved and our Green Card was mailed today. Hang in there everyone. It WILL HAPPEN.

Congrats! I am still waiting for approval. I hope mine will coming soon since I wanted to renew my passport.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi.

From reading a lot of posts here it seems most people have had their letters regarding interview waivers or actually had their interviews. I'm starting to get really fed up of the whole immigration process. Submitted AOS and online it is still in Acceptance. I logged a service request because the system said that the NOA1 was undeliverable, but since then my NOA1 for work permit came through and my actual EAD card came through. I haven't heard anything about the AOS, not even an interview waiver letter etc. Time to be worried? My case number starts with MSC which I think is Nebraska? I rang the customer service line and the guy told me they are processing cases from April 5th 2014 and that he couldn't tell me anything until the normal processing time was up. Shouldn't I have heard something like "you're getting an interview/you're not getting an interview" by now or before then?

I'm also frustrated with SSN office. I went last month to update my married name on the card that I've had since 2010 (had a J1 visa) and they said there was a problem verifying my idenitity and it would arrive in the mail and would take up to 4 weeks. Well its been 4 weeks and nothing. Have been on hold with them this evening, may just give up and ring tomorrow. I can't get my driving license or my car without my social security card showing my married name. I'm angry because where I live there is no public transport and hubby works long, late hours so wouldn't be able to give me a ride to work. I have had my card 6 weeks now but cannot use it as I can't get to any job. This is so upsetting.

Just so fed up with the whole system. Can't get to a job because I can't get a car without my married name on my social security card, and I haven't heard a peep about how my case is progressing yet most on this thread have had updates in the mail. Ughhhh.

hi.i have something to tell you ,i met same problem with yours when i try to change my married name on ssn.And they told me it will take four weeks ,i didnt get it till eight weeks later ,so was my friend .So just wait one more month you will have it ,they are waiting for uscis to respond to your name change,thats why it took longer than four weeks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Congrats!

Congrats! Others with the interview waiver are still waiting for the green card so I feel sympathy for them.

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Timeline

i filed in june 5th 2014, and got the wavier of interview letter dated on November 12th 2014. still waiting to be approved .

Timeline

So we just got the potential interview waiver letter in the mail today... wonder how long it'll take. :/

Anywhere I can check how long it's taking for our local office to review/ approve cases?

hi.did you hear anything after you got the wavier letter in Octomber

Filed: Timeline

Nothing here so far. I too got the interview waiver letter in October.

I-129F Mailed: Aug 16, 2013 | Interview at Embassy Jan 24, 2014

K-1 VISA IN HAND: March 6, 2014

I-485 Mailed: June 20, 2014 | NPIW: October 15, 2014 | Welcome Letter: June 23, 2015

2 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: June 26, 2015

I-751 Mailed: March 20, 2017 | Approval Letter: February 24, 2018

10 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: March 23, 2018

N-400 Filed Online: March 20, 2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.