Estil

Working On K-3 Visa For Wife/Son in Philippines

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings,

My wife is Filipina. We have a 5 month old son and we started our K-3 process a few months ago.

I am stuck in the U.S. working, due to this long confusing process we have been away from each other for almost 2 years.

If anyone is available to help us through the process it would be much appreciated.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings,

My wife is Filipina. We have a 5 month old son and we started our K-3 process a few months ago.

I am stuck in the U.S. working, due to this long confusing process we have been away from each other for almost 2 years.

If anyone is available to help us through the process it would be much appreciated.

I was going to ask why K-3 instead of an I-130 Petition? Reading the bold type answered my question.

The I-129FPetition will be administratively closed and the I-130 Petition will be processed so your wife and son can apply for IR-1/CR-1 visas.

Click the below link to the Guides, those will help get a better understanding.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

I was going to ask why K-3 instead of an I-130 Petition? Reading the bold type answered my question.

The I-129FPetition will be administratively closed and the I-130 Petition will be processed so your wife and son can apply for IR-1/CR-1 visas.

Click the below link to the Guides, those will help get a better understanding.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides

I will read up on the link you provided. Thanks for the help. And the quick reply.

I will read up on the link you provided. Thanks for the help. And the quick reply.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

K3 is obsolete. Your i130 will be processed stand-alone. Your wife will be under the IR1/CR1 category.

If you are a US citizen, your son may get US citizenship and a US passport as well. You need to file a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) at the US Embassy in Manila.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship/first-time-report-of-birth-abroad7.html

If the child's CRBA is approved, he doesn't need a visa to enter the US.

Edited by apple21

Filed: Timeline

I have an unrelated question. I received an RFE for an I130 from the VSC on 5/15 for updated passport photos of my wife and myself.

They acknowledged received at VSC on 6/2. Can anyone tell me how long this may take to get approved?

I really appreciate anyones help on this and good luck to you all!!

I have an unrelated question. I received an RFE for an I130 from the VSC on 5/15 for updated passport photos of my wife and myself.
They acknowledged received at VSC on 6/2. Can anyone tell me how long this may take to get approved?

I really appreciate anyones help on this and good luck to you all!!

There is no estimate, sorry. Just submit the RFE ASAP.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

According to the paperwork I received the national visa center should take no more than 30 days. If it does you should call them.

K3 is obsolete. Your i130 will be processed stand-alone. Your wife will be under the IR1/CR1 category.

If you are a US citizen, your son may get US citizenship and a US passport as well. You need to file a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) at the US Embassy in Manila.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship/first-time-report-of-birth-abroad7.html

If the child's CRBA is approved, he doesn't need a visa to enter the US.

What kind of message would I send to my loving wife if I took my son back with me to the US without her?

According to the paperwork I received the national visa center should take no more than 30 days. If it does you should call them.

What kind of message would I send to my loving wife if I took my son back with me to the US without her?

You misunderstand. Your son will need his CRBA to get his citizenship. He stays with his mother until she moves. Just because he would be a USC doesn't mean he MUST live in the USA. But without that citizenship taken care of beforehand (or if you don't qualify to do the CRBA) your son will need his OWN I-130 and then subsequent visa path. If the K3 route is closed at the NVC, like 99% of them are, the K4 route is closed and your son will NOT be able to immigrate with his mother.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.