paigecharlotte

US Citizen filing I-130 for Stepson

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am a U.S. Citizen. I filed applications I-485 and I-130 concurrently while my husband was in the U.S. My husband's applications were sent to the Chicago Lockbox. I filed a separate I-130 for my stepson who is still in Jamaica. My stepson's application was sent to the Chicago Lockbox and transferred to the Vermont Service Center. My husband's applications (I-485 and I-130) were approved on May 19, 2014. I would like to know if my stepson's I-130 application will be pulled and processed now, based on my husband's approval or will we have to wait the current 5 month processing time for stand alone I-130 applications?

I am in the same boat and for what I was told, you will have to go thru the same process. 5 Months (Hopefully Less).

My wife process is at NVC now and I submitted my steps daughters I-130 two weeks ago. I am hoping since she is 5 years old she gets approve quickly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They are taking a lot longer than 5 months.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I am a U.S. Citizen. I filed applications I-485 and I-130 concurrently while my husband was in the U.S. My husband's applications were sent to the Chicago Lockbox. I filed a separate I-130 for my stepson who is still in Jamaica. My stepson's application was sent to the Chicago Lockbox and transferred to the Vermont Service Center. My husband's applications (I-485 and I-130) were approved on May 19, 2014. I would like to know if my stepson's I-130 application will be pulled and processed now, based on my husband's approval or will we have to wait the current 5 month processing time for stand alone I-130 applications?

same boat as you, my wife aos was done on 2/24/14 now waiting for step daughter whose i 130 was filed at same time as wife 12/2/13 at vsc. the kids go thru the long process. still waiting

AOS mailed 10/23/17, delivered 10/25/17, check cashed 11/2/17

text/email notification 11/3/17,  recvd NOAs 11/7/17

priority date      10/26/17

NOA date           11/1/17

Bio notice          11/17/17

Bio date             11/27/17

EAD Approve    02/28/18

Filed I 131        03/05/18

Recvd EAD      03/08/18

Interview Letter recvd  8/4/18   Interview date  9/12/18

Interview Approved 9/12/18

Timeline

Thanks to everyone for your feedback. Right now the Vermont Service Center's processing time is 5 months. I hope that this information is accurate. I filed for my stepson in March 2014, so 2 months down-3 months to go (hopefully).

Timeline

same boat as you, my wife aos was done on 2/24/14 now waiting for step daughter whose i 130 was filed at same time as wife 12/2/13 at vsc. the kids go thru the long process. still waiting

I made an expedite request on yesterday afternoon. Approximately 1 hour after my request was submitted I received a notice that my request was denied because my son's application is with an adjudicator.

Have you received an approval on your step daughter's case? I have followed February 2014 I-130 filers on VJ and VSC February filers are getting approvals.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I made an expedite request on yesterday afternoon. Approximately 1 hour after my request was submitted I received a notice that my request was denied because my son's application is with an adjudicator.

Have you received an approval on your step daughter's case? I have followed February 2014 I-130 filers on VJ and VSC February filers are getting approvals.

got approvals for 2 petitions on 6/25/14

EAD Approve    02/28/18

Recvd EAD      03/08/18

I am a us citizen and i filed I-130 for my mom dad in october 2013 and got the approval notice on 19th may since then i am waiting for the further information what to do next . Can any one guide me what is the next step which form i have to apply? Its alread been 45 days since the I-130 approval came . I emailed them but no reply ! :(

Adnan & Sadia Nizam

Timeline

I am a us citizen and i filed I-130 for my mom dad in october 2013 and got the approval notice on 19th may since then i am waiting for the further information what to do next . Can any one guide me what is the next step which form i have to apply? Its alread been 45 days since the I-130 approval came . I emailed them but no reply ! :(

call 603-334-0700. provide them with your uscis receipt number for each case and get the case number. invoice identification number and give them your email address.

follow instructions on this link

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

EAD Approve    02/28/18

Recvd EAD      03/08/18

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to whom did you make the expidite request to, uscis or nvc?

Timeline

Hi to whom did you make the expidite request to, uscis or nvc?

I made the request to USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.