slowlyman

Possible to obtain a tourist visa while inside the US?

41 posts in this topic

The " lawyer " has to be totally ignorant of immigration law and circumstance. My guess is this " lawyer " is driving a tuk tuk or a bar stool in Thailand. She is probably calling Thailand trying to save face because Slowlyman is divorcing her therefore she will be forced to go back.

She will never leave Thailand for the USA again due to what she has done to her husband I hope.

I also had a thought that probably she just made up about visa thing or lawyer. But, after went through all the visa process, she should known better that she can't lie to her soon-to-be ex husband about obtain any kind of US visas. Or I am just too naive thinking that way about her.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I also had a thought that probably she just made up about visa thing or lawyer. But, after went through all the visa process, she should known better that she can't lie to her soon-to-be ex husband about obtain any kind of US visas. Or I am just too naive thinking that way about her.

She was lying to him throughout this ordeal in my opinion so she thinks he will believe her I suppose. She is just trying to get anything she can but karma will follow her.

You aren't naïve. You are just a very honest person and don't think like she does.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Just to add to my previous comment, the fact that she didn't wait until she got the green card before she started all this divorce talk, makes it really obvious that whoever is giving her this advice either doesn't have a clue, or has some bad intentions.

The above could be her future, if she keeps listening to people she just met here in the U.S.

A U Visa?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

A U Visa?

I doubt she's thinking that far in advance if she's not even bothering to stick around for the green card.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

There are several ways she could adjust, none are that common, there is always the spectre of Immigration Reform.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

My starter for 10.

Cancellation of Removal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Ok, a bit of clarity today. She has been talking with a Thai woman in LA who just "happens" to be from her home town. This lady is offering her a flight to LA, and good paying job and a 6 month visa. All pre-paid. She can pay them back when she has the money.

Obviously, I don't want anything bad to come to her. I have contacted all her family. (who don;t think I'm a scumbag) and told them they need to talk her out of this if they ever want to see her again.

She has been getting terrible advice all along. Almost as if they wanted to put her in a vulnerable and desperate position. Clearly she was stalked on Facebook and targeted.

I feel bad for her, but all I can do is tell her it is a scam. To which she responded. Oh, she would never lie to me she is from my home town.

I hope she starts making better choices.

Timeline

Ok, a bit of clarity today. She has been talking with a Thai woman in LA who just "happens" to be from her home town. This lady is offering her a flight to LA, and good paying job and a 6 month visa. All pre-paid. She can pay them back when she has the money.

Obviously, I don't want anything bad to come to her. I have contacted all her family. (who don;t think I'm a scumbag) and told them they need to talk her out of this if they ever want to see her again.

She has been getting terrible advice all along. Almost as if they wanted to put her in a vulnerable and desperate position. Clearly she was stalked on Facebook and targeted.

I feel bad for her, but all I can do is tell her it is a scam. To which she responded. Oh, she would never lie to me she is from my home town.

That scenario has human trafficking written all over it. Once in LA they'll probably take her passport and she'll be laying on her back working to pay back the money they fronted her to get to L.A. There's no way in hell she can get a visa without going back to Thailand and applying for another one (unless she goes the VAWA route.) Her being from Isaan, I'm surprised she would fall for something like that. I'm sure she knew many people growing up there who were promised good paying jobs in Bangkok only to end up dancing on Cowboy or Nana with number 58 strapped tho their bikini top and getting short timed 3 times a night. But hey, she's got it all figured out. I'd tell her Chok Dee and send her on her way. You pulled the I-864 so your obligations are over as far as immigration is concerned.

She really needs to go back to Thailand, but I doubt she will.

Timeline

Let me guess that this home town hero " lawyer " lives in or near Thai Town in the L A area. What she will encounter if she believes this latest liar is basic slavery and extortion by the homie. Please don't help her in anyway to do this. She will disappear into the wilds of the L A scene while becoming another illegal working for nothing. Maybe she can see that the offer of a 6 month visa is a lie simply because she doesn't need a visa because she is already in the USA therefore the whole thing is an attempt to get her to L A. Her destination must be Thailand if she is to remain free and safe.

Slowlyman be careful what you do with her family now. They will do whatever they can to put her in the best position to gather as much money ect as they can because she is family and to save face which is foreign to Americans. The people in her village probably already know much of whats taken place and have begun to talk. Its a blood sport in Thailand where they love to see these things happen to others. Here its called petty jealousy.

Timeline

Slowlyman be careful what you do with her family now. They will do whatever they can to put her in the best position to gather as much money ect as they can because she is family and to save face which is foreign to Americans. The people in her village probably already know much of whats taken place and have begun to talk. Its a blood sport in Thailand where they love to see these things happen to others. Here its called petty jealousy.

I suspect the family didn't get the big payday the thought they were gonna get by her coming to the U.S. and marrying a farang, and now they're catching hell for it in the village.

Timeline

That scenario has human trafficking written all over it. Once in LA they'll probably take her passport and she'll be laying on her back working to pay back the money they fronted her to get to L.A. There's no way in hell she can get a visa without going back to Thailand and applying for another one (unless she goes the VAWA route.) Her being from Isaan, I'm surprised she would fall for something like that. I'm sure she knew many people growing up there who were promised good paying jobs in Bangkok only to end up dancing on Cowboy or Nana with number 58 strapped tho their bikini top and getting short timed 3 times a night. But hey, she's got it all figured out. I'd tell her Chok Dee and send her on her way. You pulled the I-864 so your obligations are over as far as immigration is concerned.

She really needs to go back to Thailand, but I doubt she will.

Karee is not only right but he must have seen a girl from my home town because she uses # 58. " Short timed 3 times a night " is a classic. I love the sense of humor.

My husbands dad used to say " give them a kiss on both cheeks; paint a red X on their a$$ and ship them ". Some reference to selling cattle I think.

I agree that Chok Dee as she departs will be all she deserves at this point.

Timeline

I suspect the family didn't get the big payday the thought they were gonna get by her coming to the U.S. and marrying a farang, and now they're catching hell for it in the village.

Exactly. They are gathered on the grass ( plastic ) mats under a tree right now discussing this tragic story while trying to do damage control knowing its too late.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.