McBy

Got RFE in mail but no online case status update

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has anybody gone through this?

We got an RFE by mail without any online case status update nor text an email notification. They are even asking for documents that we have already submitted like the ff:

1. Beneficiary's letter of intent to marry.

2. Evidence of meeting in person.

We submitted number 1 and submitted flight scheule, ticket receipt, boarding pass and passport stamped copy. We even submitted a letter signed buly the Pastor who would officiate our wedding.

Would anybody know what the problem is? Could this just be a mistake? We already called and talked to tier 2 rep and he was even surprised. Tild us to just write a letter and say that we have submitted everything and there is nothing to add to it. But, is this the right response as per experience? Anybody?

I meant " told us to write a letter"

4/29 - I-129f Sent to TX Lockbox

4/30 - Received as per USPS tracking

5/5 - Received NOA1 thru txt and email

5/6 - Alien Registration Number Changed

5/9 - Received NOA1 by mail

5/12 - RFE

5/19 - Submitted docs for RFE

5/21 - RFE Response

6/2 - NOA2, yay!

6/7 - NOA2 hardcopy

6/12 - NVC Received, case number ok

6/13 - In Transit to Consulate

6/17 - "Ready" for interview

6/18 - Medical

7/1 - CFO Seminar

7/18 - Interview APPROVED

Submit everything they have asked for or you risk being denied.

If you're certain you already included it previously then it's possible they lost it; it happens from time to time.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi

we have also received an RFE asking for "primary" evidence of having met. We sent photo's. plane tickets etc. Now they are asking us to write a detailed statement of when we met etc.

We are at CSC too.

Going to dig out more receipts, and write a lengthy statement detailing our meetings.

Timeline

Oh, geesh :( had they not lost the docs, we could have already been approved... Well just making myself feel better... So yeah, we will just send them again and perhaps add some more like receipts...

5/12 - RFE

5/21 - RFE Response

6/2 - NOA2, yay!

6/7 - NOA2 hardcopy

6/18 - Medical

7/1 - CFO Seminar

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Granted it's a pain in the backside -- but the proper response would be to submit the items requested in the RFE.

It's not uncommon for USCIS to RFE for information you've already submitted.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has anybody gone through this?

We got an RFE by mail without any online case status update nor text an email notification. They are even asking for documents that we have already submitted like the ff:

1. Beneficiary's letter of intent to marry.

2. Evidence of meeting in person.

We submitted number 1 and submitted flight scheule, ticket receipt, boarding pass and passport stamped copy. We even submitted a letter signed buly the Pastor who would officiate our wedding.

Would anybody know what the problem is? Could this just be a mistake? We already called and talked to tier 2 rep and he was even surprised. Tild us to just write a letter and say that we have submitted everything and there is nothing to add to it. But, is this the right response as per experience? Anybody?

I meant " told us to write a letter"

I would submit whatever was asked for, even if it is a repeat.

Did you submit pictures of the two of you together? The pictures can be printed on regular bond paper, and yes it is secondary evidence but they do look for pictures. Did you write a detailed letter of how you met in person? If not do it now.

Not sure how a letter from your pastor is proof of having met in person, was he there in the Philippines when you two met?

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

When you gave them a call,did you ask, why it doesn't show that you got RFE by checking your status online? I'm just wondering and it looks like their site doesn't work! Just take a look here on timeline,nobody got NOA2 recently!

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

Timeline

Granted it's a pain in the backside -- but the proper response would be to submit the items requested in the RFE.

It's not uncommon for USCIS to RFE for information you've already submitted.

Yeah, thank you! Will send RFE response tomorrow :).

5/12 - RFE

5/21 - RFE Response

6/2 - NOA2, yay!

6/7 - NOA2 hardcopy

6/18 - Medical

7/1 - CFO Seminar

Timeline

I would submit whatever was asked for, even if it is a repeat.

Did you submit pictures of the two of you together? The pictures can be printed on regular bond paper, and yes it is secondary evidence but they do look for pictures. Did you write a detailed letter of how you met in person? If not do it now.

Not sure how a letter from your pastor is proof of having met in person, was he there in the Philippines when you two met?

Yeah, will submit, thank you.

Yes we also submitted photos together, quite a lot of it. We added details at the back of the photos.

We have a sort of "love story" about how we met but it does not include a detailed story or timeline on our times together. So, we decided to create at least some sort of timeline for the details.

About the pastor, it is just an additional proof of the intention to marry, like part of the "wedding plans."

5/12 - RFE

5/21 - RFE Response

6/2 - NOA2, yay!

6/7 - NOA2 hardcopy

6/18 - Medical

7/1 - CFO Seminar

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

The way how we met from start to finish for me was in bullet points. People on here said it looked clean, structured and well written. It gave a great overview of how we and when we met till my last visit in November. The evidence of ongoing relationship is images from Skype and Whatapp, if more info is required, we can provide email correspondence between her family and me as well as birthday cards from and to bothsides of our families.

Every tiny detail in that aspect counts I guess. We used 6 photos, 3 screenshots from skype, 3 screenshots from whatapp. On the back of the photos we wrote the date and location.

Timeline

When you gave them a call,did you ask, why it doesn't show that you got RFE by checking your status online? I'm just wondering and it looks like their site doesn't work! Just take a look here on timeline,nobody got NOA2 recently!

Hmm... Did not ask why... Sorry.

5/12 - RFE

5/21 - RFE Response

6/2 - NOA2, yay!

6/7 - NOA2 hardcopy

6/18 - Medical

7/1 - CFO Seminar

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah, will submit, thank you.

Yes we also submitted photos together, quite a lot of it. We added details at the back of the photos.

We have a sort of "love story" about how we met but it does not include a detailed story or timeline on our times together. So, we decided to create at least some sort of timeline for the details.

About the pastor, it is just an additional proof of the intention to marry, like part of the "wedding plans."

Ah... pastor letter is of no value then. Doesn't have any value at the embassy either as it doesn't SHOW ongoing relationship let alone evidence of meeting in person... sort like including a checklist for planned oil changes on your car.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I understand, but the RFE notice also said something about wedding plans or preparation. So far the letter from the officiating pastor is all we can give. Cannot make reservations for the wedding place, catering services because we do not know when it would exactly be. We just know that it would be within the first week of fiancee's arrival in the US, considering the marriage license. Everything would be finalized once the visa has been issued. Would be a small, beach wedding.

5/12 - RFE

5/21 - RFE Response

6/2 - NOA2, yay!

6/7 - NOA2 hardcopy

6/18 - Medical

7/1 - CFO Seminar

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

we got rfe too last may13... about circumstances of meeting... although we submit everything,,like passport stamp..itinerary...luggage tags...boarding pass...photos together and receipts..

they asked circumstances of meeting...we just detail to them everything we did last 15 days i stay with her...

my question is i sent the rfe response last 22 of may and usps said they delivered it by saturday which there is no office... <_<

so i guess they received it tuesday since monday is holiday... but until now our status still the same... still on rfe...as i search...once they received it...will change to request response review... :( how long do we need to wait...

hope soon i will heard something good...

04-10-2014 I129F mail (458pm)
04-14-2014 I129F / usps delivered (1156pm)
04-15-2014 uscis accepted
04-17-2014 NOA1 date
04-18-2014 email (334pm)
04-22-2014 alien registration change
04-23-2014 NOA1 hard copy received
05-13-2014 RFE
05-17-2014 RFE hard copy
05-22-2014 RFE response mail (1234pm)
05-24-2014 RFE / usps delivered (1132am)
05-27-2014 RFE uscis accepted (26 is holiday)
05-27-2014 RFE response review
06-12-2014 NOA2 via website
06-16-2014 NOA2 hard copy received
06-25-2014 MCN via phone
06-26-2014 visa fee payment
06-27-2014 MRV validate / start haunting for interview schedule
06-27-2014 Case In-transit
07-01-2014 Case Ready
07-02-2014 finally got the interview schedule
07-07-2014 i134 mailed
07-08-2014 gather documents (nbi,cenomar,birth cert)
07-09-2014 medical
07-11-2014 medical passed (k1/k2)
07-24-2014 eligibility letter
07-24-2014 NVC email
07-30-2014 interview (approved!!)
07-31-2014 case open (ready) (check after 2 business days)
08-05-2014 case open (ready) (check after 2 business days) AGAIN
08-06-2014 administrative processing
08-07-2014 VISA ISSUED
08-12-2014 VISA IN HAND
08-20-2014 cfo
08-29-2014 FLIGHT :dancing: :dance: :dancing:
09-10-2014 apply for ssn
09-15-2014 receive ssn
10-01-2014 apply for ML
10-22-2014 wedding
02-11-2015 AOS EAD AP packet sent at Chicago lockbox tru USPS (10:59am)
02-13-2015 packet delivered (09:40am)
event.png

Timeline

Quite sad when it seems like they are the ones who lost the documents and then we suffer even if we did our best to submit everything that we need to. Hoping that we will receive our approvals soon! can't wait to be with my love...

we got rfe too last may13... about circumstances of meeting... although we submit everything,,like passport stamp..itinerary...luggage tags...boarding pass...photos together and receipts..

they asked circumstances of meeting...we just detail to them everything we did last 15 days i stay with her...

my question is i sent the rfe response last 22 of may and usps said they delivered it by saturday which there is no office... <_<

so i guess they received it tuesday since monday is holiday... but until now our status still the same... still on rfe...as i search...once they received it...will change to request response review... :( how long do we need to wait...

hope soon i will heard something good...

5/12 - RFE

5/21 - RFE Response

6/2 - NOA2, yay!

6/7 - NOA2 hardcopy

6/18 - Medical

7/1 - CFO Seminar

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.