payxibka

The Kyiv Beat......

787 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

YES, happens when translating to Ukrainian, we noticed difference between it and Russian, but it was not any problem, good luck. :thumbs:

Has anyone had the experience of having the transliterated name on the Ukrainian/Russian passport not match the English version of the name on the I-130 or I-129 docs?

We are trying to decide if we can go ahead and start the process while we are waiting for the international passport to come in. It could take up to 4 months and we hate to have to wait that long to start things on the American side...

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

It will be in Kyiv embassy by first week of January I would expect at least, usually within 10 business days of arriving at NVC it is sent out to embassy in Kyiv. Kyiv embassy does not waste time or fool around, they are very good and organized there, so get ready for your paperwork to arrive any day there after Jan 1. I would recommend you email the Kyiv embassy by January 2 and check on when they receive your paperwork, they respond to email very quickly, need to use your id number in subject line of message. Your finance should get an email notice from Kyiv embassy notifying her that your paperwork has been recieved at Kyiv embassy and as soon has you have all the information on the checklist to take to the interview then fill out that form with checklist and have her sign it(I think and scan in or fax back to embassy), they may have just have accepted an email reply back, forgot, but seemed to remember you have to fill out a checklist form and sign it then scan in computer and email back or mail back to them, although they will recommend you email them or fax them and avoid Ukraine mail system. You can go ahead and apply for an interview as soon as you get notified by email from Kyiv embassy, but just make sure you will have all your paperwork ready to go by the time you have interview or you may need to wait until it is all completed to take with her to interview, usually it seems they grant interview date within 1-2 months after you apply for interview date, good luck it is all down hill now. It will go fast. So tell your finance to get all her translations and medical exam and police certificate(record) done ASAP if she has not already done it by now. :thumbs:

Hi everyone!!!! Our case was completed on December 20th how long do u think it will take for them to send it to the embassy and to schedule an interview appointment? and when do u thing is a good time to e-mail to us embassy in kiev to find out if they recieved the case?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It will be in Kyiv embassy by first week of January I would expect at least, usually within 10 business days of arriving at NVC it is sent out to embassy in Kyiv. Kyiv embassy does not waste time or fool around, they are very good and organized there, so get ready for your paperwork to arrive any day there after Jan 1. I would recommend you email the Kyiv embassy by January 2 and check on when they receive your paperwork, they respond to email very quickly, need to use your id number in subject line of message. Your finance should get an email notice from Kyiv embassy notifying her that your paperwork has been recieved at Kyiv embassy and as soon has you have all the information on the checklist to take to the interview then fill out that form with checklist and have her sign it(I think and scan in or fax back to embassy), they may have just have accepted an email reply back, forgot, but seemed to remember you have to fill out a checklist form and sign it then scan in computer and email back or mail back to them, although they will recommend you email them or fax them and avoid Ukraine mail system. You can go ahead and apply for an interview as soon as you get notified by email from Kyiv embassy, but just make sure you will have all your paperwork ready to go by the time you have interview or you may need to wait until it is all completed to take with her to interview, usually it seems they grant interview date within 1-2 months after you apply for interview date, good luck it is all down hill now. It will go fast. So tell your finance to get all her translations and medical exam and police certificate(record) done ASAP if she has not already done it by now. :thumbs:

thanks for that explanation but as I understood you was talking of the K-1 visa pocess we r going for CR-1 so NVC making an appointment for me

I'm the wife who lives in Ukraine btw :blush::yes:

thanks for info at least I know that people rorginized and working better and faster than in USCIS

thanks Good luck to all of us

Ntasha

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Ukraine

Marriage : 2006-11-02

I-130 Sent : 2006-12-11

2008-05-16 CR-1 visa issued

2008-05-20 recieved visa

2008-05-31 I arrived at JFK (took me 1hour and a half to be out of the airport with a stamp in my passport)

10 year GC

2010-03-06 I-751 sent

2010-03-09 NOA-1

2010-03-10 check cashed

2010-4-12 Bio (done early 3-29)

2010-6-3 card production ordered

2010-6-19 10 year GC recieved

N-400

2011-3-28 application sent via express mail to LEWISVILLE TX SC

2011-3-29 application recieved

2011-4-20 early BIO

2011-6-16 interview

2011-7-29 Oath

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone!!!! Our case was completed on December 20th how long do u think it will take for them to send it to the embassy and to schedule an interview appointment? and when do u thing is a good time to e-mail to us embassy in kiev to find out if they recieved the case?

zqt3344,

Your "K" interview scheduling information is a bit out of date. The faxing/e-mailing of the KEV-1 checklist is old procedure and has been for about 6 mos now. You now phone a call center located in Poland... This call costs money so you either must have a credit card ready or if in Ukraine, have bought a PIN number at a bank.. (instructions on the website)...

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I was in Kiev November and we spent 3 hours looking for a WIFI so I could get online using my notebook and we couldn't find one. We checked the coffee shops and they didn't have WIFI. Does anyone know where I could find WIFI next time I am there?

Edited by awu25

Timeline
I was in Kiev November and we spent 3 hours looking for a WIFI so I could get online using my notebook and we couldn't find one. We checked the coffee shops and they didn't have WIFI. Does anyone know where I could find WIFI next time I am there?

You can try internet cafe or hotels

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Marriage : 2006-11-02

I-130 Sent : 2006-12-11

2008-05-16 CR-1 visa issued

2008-05-20 recieved visa

2008-05-31 I arrived at JFK (took me 1hour and a half to be out of the airport with a stamp in my passport)

10 year GC

2010-03-06 I-751 sent

2010-03-09 NOA-1

2010-03-10 check cashed

2010-4-12 Bio (done early 3-29)

2010-6-3 card production ordered

2010-6-19 10 year GC recieved

N-400

2011-3-28 application sent via express mail to LEWISVILLE TX SC

2011-3-29 application recieved

2011-4-20 early BIO

2011-6-16 interview

2011-7-29 Oath

Timeline

They actually have Wifi at the airport, it used to be free, now they charge.

However you know have to be part of the "Business Class" flying out of Kiev to get a charge card.

Or do what I did, barge in there and ask for a card, it is about $5.00 I believe.

"in there" referring to the room where business class folks go to, I do not know what they call it in the airport.

But this may be hard for you to do if your not flying out as you have to get by security etc..

Maybe now, they sell cards to everyone so you may want to check next time your there.

T

Personal Timeline

Service Center : Texas Service Center

2007-01-08 I-129F Sent

2007-01-15 Check Cashed

2007-01-17 NOA1 Received

2007-01-19 Touched

2007-01-19 Wedding Dress Purchased :)

2007-04-19 TOUCHED!

2007-04-19 NOA2 Approval Email!

2007-04-20 TOUCHED!

2007-04-27 NOA2 Received via Snail Mail!

2007-05-07 NVC Received Packet

2007-05-09 NVC Sent Packet to Kiev

2007-05-29 Kiev Receives Packet

2007-05-30 I called Kiev and scheduled Interview

2007-05-30 Interview date of July 16th Given!

2007-06-05 Purchased plane tickets for Interview

2007-07-16 Interview Day! Approved!

2007-08-04 I arrived in Kyiv

2007-08-06 Anya and I leave Kyiv for USA

2007-08-06 Arrive in USA and pass customs!

2007-08-10 Wedding date scheduled for Sept. 1

2007-08-20 Application for Social Security.

2007-08-27 Received Social Security Card.

2007-09-01 Married! :)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Toby, do a Google search for "WiFi hot spots in Kiev". I found some located in a few places, but I'm certain it was less than a dozen of them. I never ended up in one of those locations, used an internet cafe on the first visit, and they allowed me to tap into their network. One of the places in downtown Kyiv with WiFi was a pizza joint as I recall.

I read an interesting article a couple of weeks ago where the Ukrainian government has increased their monitoring of the Internet traffic in and out of the country including tapping into email. There were some groups trying to restrict this, but it doesn't sound like it is going to stop it any time soon.

E.

IR-5

11/01/2011: I-130 Submitted

11/04/2012: I-130 NOA1

04/19/2012: I-130 NOA2

05/04/2012: NVC Received

05/27/2012: Received I-864/DS 3032 Package

05/28/2012: Pay I-864 Bill

05/29/2012: Submit DS 3032/I-864

06/05/2012: Receive IV Bill online

06/05/2012: IV Bill Paid

06/06/2012: Payment Accepted

06/07/2012: IV Packet Mailed (Additional documents sent next day on 06/08/2012)

08/28/2012: Interview

Timeline

To spice things up for those that keep up with Mobile internet, PeopleNet in Kiev signed a contract with Nortel Networks to get a 1xEV-DO Network out in Ukraine.

From the looks of it, it will start in Kiev then expand from there. But with past contracts with the FSU they usually do not go to far. Meaning they may do Kiev then opt not to pursue any other city. LOL

So I would say within the next 6 months to a year they will have broadband for your mobile.

Do not know what PeopleNet will charge, but it WILL be less then what folks are getting for internet at home. (rumors I am hearing). Thats why PeopleNet is choosing this as an option so that they can compete with the DSL/Cable folks.

http://www2.nortel.com/go/news_detail.jsp?...mp;locale=en-US

Personal Timeline

2007-01-08 I-129F Sent

2007-01-15 Check Cashed

2007-01-17 NOA1 Received

2007-01-19 Touched

2007-04-19 TOUCHED!

2007-04-20 TOUCHED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
Toby, do a Google search for "WiFi hot spots in Kiev".

My fiancee did search on google and the ones we went they require registered cell phone. Her phone is prepaid so it doesn't work. I need to work on my notebook so unless the internet cafe allows me to tap into their network it wouldn't work for me. I will ask next time if they'd let me do that.

Thanks

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Toby, do a Google search for "WiFi hot spots in Kiev".

My fiancee did search on google and the ones we went they require registered cell phone. Her phone is prepaid so it doesn't work. I need to work on my notebook so unless the internet cafe allows me to tap into their network it wouldn't work for me. I will ask next time if they'd let me do that.

Thanks

They should allow it. I used my Vonage softphone from the Cafe and they charged me for the bandwidth used. Just don;t allow them to screw with your laptop unless you know exactly what they are about to do to it.

IR-5

11/01/2011: I-130 Submitted

11/04/2012: I-130 NOA1

04/19/2012: I-130 NOA2

05/04/2012: NVC Received

05/27/2012: Received I-864/DS 3032 Package

05/28/2012: Pay I-864 Bill

05/29/2012: Submit DS 3032/I-864

06/05/2012: Receive IV Bill online

06/05/2012: IV Bill Paid

06/06/2012: Payment Accepted

06/07/2012: IV Packet Mailed (Additional documents sent next day on 06/08/2012)

08/28/2012: Interview

Timeline

thanks for that explanation but as I understood you was talking of the K-1 visa pocess we r going for CR-1 so NVC making an appointment for me

I'm the wife who lives in Ukraine btw :blush::yes:

thanks for info at least I know that people rorginized and working better and faster than in USCIS

thanks Good luck to all of us

Ntasha

Ntasha:

No problem, when in doubt, go to Kyiv USA embassy website, get their email address and email them any questions you may have, they are very good and reliable, and can tell you just exactly what to do or what procedure they are currently doing now to be for certain. That is too bad if they switched to a phone system procedure this spring or summer, just more hassle and expense for Ukrainians, so I would definitely email embassy to find out your best options. Best of luck to you. :thumbs:

Timeline

Thanks

They should allow it. I used my Vonage softphone from the Cafe and they charged me for the bandwidth used. Just don;t allow them to screw with your laptop unless you know exactly what they are about to do to it.

They should but you watch E, they will do something to rip the Ukrainian people off as usual. :angry:

Timeline
No problem, when in doubt, go to Kyiv USA embassy website, get their email address and email them any questions you may have, they are very good and reliable, and can tell you just exactly what to do or what procedure they are currently doing now to be for certain. That is too bad if they switched to a phone system procedure this spring or summer, just more hassle and expense for Ukrainians, so I would definitely email embassy to find out your best options. Best of luck to you. [/b] :thumbs:

Hmm,

I do not understand? You believe that it is expensive to use the phone in Ukraine?

Yes the US Embassy in Kiev did go to a phone system charging some money to get information, however I found it very valuable and I never had to wait.

Also, by calling you can not only verify if your paperwork has arrived, but you can set up an appointment with them as well. That is better then email as there is no option to do that, and it is better then waiting for them to send you the package. This could save you weeks in the process, maybe even a month or two, if you wait for them.

They should but you watch E, they will do something to rip the Ukrainian people off as usual.

I do not understand how getting Wifi would rip of the Ukrainian people if this guy is traveling and most likely not Ukrainian?

I found the internet cafe's in Ukraine not expensive and plenty of places as well. Although I did not use WiFi, I do not see why you cannot ask them to plug you in directly using a normal CAT 5 connection. I mean, your not at starbucks right? And you have to be within a certain amount of feet for Wifi right? So why not just pick a chair and ask them if you can plug in?

If they cannot, they have computers you can use, of course certain things on your laptop you will not be able to do, so bring a USB device with you to make transfer of files easier.

T.

Personal Timeline

2007-01-08 I-129F Sent

2007-01-15 Check Cashed

2007-01-17 NOA1 Received

2007-01-19 Touched

2007-04-19 TOUCHED!

2007-04-20 TOUCHED!

Timeline

bcartr? how does your wife like it thee in US? was adjustment easy for her?

P.S. I got my case complete as far as i remember it was on Dec 13th. wanna say special THANK YOU to Fwaguy for his right advice and comments!

44_34_44DB9040_LMLyPLhLuLbLbLyPLiLsPLmLaLkLiLnLgPLmLePLhLaLpLpLyPLfLoLr_3.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.