Francesco

NOA1 n 2 and how they effect me.

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

What is this NOA1 and 2 Is this something USCIS puts together or is this paper work I have to do just a little confused here. any info would be awesome. Oh and Im just about ready to send out my paper work its very exciting. f-129f check, both 325a's check, Passport photos, check. cover letter, check, evidence that we have been together for 2 years, check. proof of support, check. personal check, check. Am i missing anything?

Francesco.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You don't need the proof of support yet.

Intent to marry letter?

-12/15/06 Mailed off I-129F

-12/19/06 NOA1 via email

-01/05/07 NOA2 via email

-01/13/07 NVC notice via snail mail

-01/25/07 Packet 3 arrives.

-02/22/07 Packet 3 is mailed.

-03/02/07 Medical

-03/13/07 Packet 4 arrives.

-03/16-24/07 Honey visits.

-04/02/07 Interview(Approved)

-04/10/07 Visa arrives.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Did you and your fiance write statements about your intent to get married? and also a supplemental story about how you met for part b question 18 of the I-129F form? Otherwise I think you're good. you don't need the affadavit of support yet though. Make sure you signed everything that has to be signed! (I almost forgot to sign my G325As :'( But I caught it, and now I am sending in my package today! Goodluck! take care!

Edited by ladykelia

K1 Visa Journey:

Jan 12, 2007- I-129F Sent

Jan 17, 2007- I-129F has arrived at the NSC

Jan 24, 2007- NOA1 date

Jan 27, 2007- Check cashed by CSC

Jan 29, 2007- Paper NOA1 recieved (at permenant US address)

May 1, 2007- NOA2

May 16, 2007- At the NVC

May 18, 2007- Left NVC

May 30, 2007- Packet 3 arrives

May 31, 2007- Faxed Packet 3 stuff back

July 9, 2007- Interview at Vancouver

July 10, 2007- Visa recieved!

July 18, 2007- US entry

August 25, 2007- Wedding <3

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

NOA 1 is acknowledgment of receipt of package.

NOA 2 is statement of approval of petition and that case has been sent to National Visa Center.

See FAQ http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=definition

Please see the K-1 "Step-by-Step Guide". In short though you will require the following forms:
  1. Payment as required by USCIS. Use a personal check so you can track the payment.
  2. Cover Letter (see example). Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (I-129F), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.
  3. Form I-129F: Petition for Alien Fiance(e) (see example)
  4. Declaration of how you met in person in the last two years. This should be a single typed page regarding question 18 of the I-129F. Make sure to sign and date it.
  5. Original statements (from both the US Citizen and foreign fiance) certifying an intent to marry within 90 days of entering the US on a valid K-1. (see example)
  6. Proof of having met in past two years. (click here for examples)
  7. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated (see example)
  8. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the US Citizen. Write the full name of the US citizen on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Insert US Citizen's Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.
  9. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the foreign fiance(e) signed and dated (see example)
  10. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the foreign fiance(e). Write the full name of the foreign fiance(e) on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of (insert foreign fiance(e) name) ". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.
  11. Copy of the Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport issued with a validity of at least 5 years or a copy of the US Citizen's naturalization certificate (front and back). This is used to establish citizenship.
  12. Copy of final Divorce Decree(s) or Certificate(s) for the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) if either has been previously married. If the previous marriage of the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) ended due to the death of their spouse then include a Copy of Death Certificate(s) documenting that fact.
  13. Proof of Legal Name Change if either the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) is using a name other than that shown on the relevant documents. You must give USCIS copies of the legal documents that made the change, such as a marriage certificate, adoption decree or court order.
  14. In regards to Section C Question 2, if applicable provide certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and dispositions for any specified conviction(s) (in accordance with the IMBRA). See section 9 of the I-129f instructions for more information.

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-I129f.html

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

Also about how to assemble your package:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=assembly

USCIS GUIDE

:guides:

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Francesco,

What you will also need is the birth certificates ( and divorce decree is applicable ) translated. They will need to be taken from RENIEC - Registro Nacional de Identificación y Estado Civil to Relacciones de Exterior. At Relacciones Exteriores there is a panel of translators who could officially translate the said documents. Just a note from my experience. Hope this helps and do follow the Step by Step Guides found here in VJ. Hope this helps!

Eff

Jan 18 2011 => I-129F sent

Jan 26 2011 => E-Notification & Text Message received

Jan 26 2011 => Check cashed

Jan 31 2011 => NOA1 Hard Copy Received dated 1/25/2011

May 18 2011 => E-Mail RFE Notification

May 23 2011 => RFE Hard copy Received

May 24 2011 => Mailed RFE back to CSC

May 25 2011 => CSC e-mailed confirming RFE reply accepted. Awaiting decision.....

Jun 01 2011 => E-Mailed NOA2 Approval

Jun 06 2011 => NOA2 Hard copy received in mail

Jun 16 2011 => NVC Received Petition

Jun 17 2011 => NVC Sent Petition to CDJ

Jul 11 2011 => SUPPOSEDLY CDJ SENT PKT 3

Aug 11 2011 => NEVER RECEIVED PKT 3 and finally CDJ asnwered questions to proceed with making Consulate Appt

Aug 23 2011 => INTERVIEW DATE. Never told we were approved. Had to wait for decision from DHL Package!

Aug 30 2011 => Received DHL Package. Found we were aproved!!!

Sep 02 2011 => POE CDJ

Sep 04 2011 => My Babe is home at last!!!

Sep 2011 => Wedding

" Con Amor todo se Puede! "

Eff Y Ros por Siempre!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Thats what we sent :

US- Citizen

- I-129F- completed and signed

-G-325A -completed and signed

-2 Pass Photos

-Copy of birth cert.

-letter detailing how we met

-letter of intent

Alien Fiancee

-g-325A

-2 Pass Photos

-copy of birth cert. (translated)

-letter of intent

-Pictures of us together (5)

-copy of airline tickets from visiting the US

-copy of emails

-copy of phone bill

blackribbonsmall.png

Walk with the angels

let them keep you safe

we'll join you one day

in that wonderful place

stand on the clouds and never forget

we're holding on to you

in our memories and thoughts

until one day we'll meet again

Truly missed but never forgotten:

Diana

RIP 1982-08/2008

Verena

RIP 1983-03/2008

Daddy

RIP

"IMMIGRATION" PROCESS (TIMELINE):CLICK HERE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For what its worth, everyone writes a story on how they met, But I just wrote on the line in the form, something very simple like; Met on the internet, started calling, talked for months and I visited her in manila.

Worked for me ;)

July 17 2006 Sent I-129F to TSC

July 19 2006 packet received by TSC

July 27 2006 case received at CSC

July 28 2006 touched (to process/send NOA1)

Aug 01 2006 check cashed

Aug 05 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Oct 03 2006 Touched (RFE sent)

Oct 10 2006 RFE received and responded to

Oct 17 2006 Touched (CSC reply to RFE response)

Nov 06 2006 NOA2

Nov 21 2006 NVC sent to Manila

Blah

Blur

Drone

March 27 2007 Interview

April 02 2007 Visa delivered

April 05 2007 Happiness delivered

April 06 2007 First day of the rest of our lives

"There they go! I must hurry and catch them, for I am their leader."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Thats what we sent :

US- Citizen

- I-129F- completed and signed

-G-325A -completed and signed

-2 Pass Photos

-Copy of birth cert.

-letter detailing how we met

-letter of intent

Alien Fiancee

-g-325A

-2 Pass Photos

-copy of birth cert. (translated)

-letter of intent

-Pictures of us together (5)

-copy of airline tickets from visiting the US

-copy of emails

-copy of phone bill

Note only need 1 passport photo of petitioner and 1 passport photo of beneficiary.

See 8 and 10 of my post from the guides, and:

File the following with your photos and of others as shown below:

I-129F – Fiancé(e) Petition — file with 1 photo of you + 1 photo of fiancé(e)

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/04_08_02Photo_flyer.pdf

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

[*] Payment as required by USCIS. Use a personal check so you can track the payment.

[*] Cover Letter (see example). Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (I-129F), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.

[*] Form I-129F: Petition for Alien Fiance(e) (see example)

[*] Declaration of how you met in person in the last two years. This should be a single typed page regarding question 18 of the I-129F. Make sure to sign and date it.

[*] Original statements (from both the US Citizen and foreign fiance) certifying an intent to marry within 90 days of entering the US on a valid K-1. (see example)

[*] Proof of having met in past two years. (click here for examples)

[*] G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated (see example)

[*] One passport-type photo (see specification) of the US Citizen. Write the full name of the US citizen on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Insert US Citizen's Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

[*] G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the foreign fiance(e) signed and dated (see example)

[*] One passport-type photo (see specification) of the foreign fiance(e). Write the full name of the foreign fiance(e) on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of (insert foreign fiance(e) name) ". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

[*] Copy of the Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport issued with a validity of at least 5 years or a copy of the US Citizen's naturalization certificate (front and back). This is used to establish citizenship.

[*] Copy of final Divorce Decree(s) or Certificate(s) for the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) if either has been previously married. If the previous marriage of the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) ended due to the death of their spouse then include a Copy of Death Certificate(s) documenting that fact.

[*] Proof of Legal Name Change if either the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) is using a name other than that shown on the relevant documents. You must give USCIS copies of the legal documents that made the change, such as a marriage certificate, adoption decree or court order.

[*] In regards to Section C Question 2, if applicable provide certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and dispositions for any specified conviction(s) (in accordance with the IMBRA). See section 9 of the I-129f instructions for more information.

Darn! I think we included more than whats' being asked :blush: I guess that's the problem when you don't read GUIDES. :blush:

David

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Thank you all very much, I can't tell you how much you are helping us. I didn't even know about having her certificate translated. I will also need mine translated since I was born in Poggimarino. Thanks for the info guys.

Do I have to send me birth certificate? can I send my citizenship instead? I believe the guide said birth certificate, citizenship or passport. I might of read that wrong.

The reason im asking is because when my parents lost thier home to a house fire last year I lost my birth certificate. also lost my citizen ship but I was issued a new one last month after almost 3 months processing. The officer that was reissuing my citizenship told me that there is a chance i wont get it.. so yeah that was interesting.

(certified copies of course)

Francesco

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, if you were born outside of the US then you should send in your citizenship papers. They are mostly interested to know that you are a US citizen. A passport (all pages) would do the job too.

You don't need to send her birth certificate in with the I-129F petition but you will need a translated copy for the interview

K1 Visa Journey:

Jan 12, 2007- I-129F Sent

Jan 17, 2007- I-129F has arrived at the NSC

Jan 24, 2007- NOA1 date

Jan 27, 2007- Check cashed by CSC

Jan 29, 2007- Paper NOA1 recieved (at permenant US address)

May 1, 2007- NOA2

May 16, 2007- At the NVC

May 18, 2007- Left NVC

May 30, 2007- Packet 3 arrives

May 31, 2007- Faxed Packet 3 stuff back

July 9, 2007- Interview at Vancouver

July 10, 2007- Visa recieved!

July 18, 2007- US entry

August 25, 2007- Wedding <3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.