Peace&Love

Can Somebody Please Share a Sample Letter for FOIA Request for Consulate Note for Denied Fiance Visa?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Can Somebody Please Share a Sample Letter for FOIA Request for Consulate Note for Denied Fiance Visa?

Also please share a sample of letter for withdrawal of K1 petition for USCIS.

Just to give you a little background, our k1 was denied by the consulate in Havana and we are going to marry next month and travel the next 3months together in other countries. When I get back to US in September, I will be filing I-30 for spouse visa. So I want to make sure I have the consulate note for the reason of denial and also I would like to withdraw my k1 petition because we are going to get marry soon, also it is going to expire by the time it makes it to USCIS anyways.

I relay appreciate your share of those sample letters. Thank you all!

I wish you all good luck with your cases,

Love and blessings to all!!!

Also please share a sample of letter for withdrawal of K1 petition for USCIS.

Just to give you a little background, our k1 was denied by the consulate in Havana and we are going to marry next month and travel the next 3months together in other countries. When I get back to US in September, I will be filing I-30 for spouse visa. So I want to make sure I have the consulate note for the reason of denial and also I would like to withdraw my k1 petition because we are going to get marry soon, also it is going to expire by the time it makes it to USCIS anyways.

I relay appreciate your share of those sample letters. Thank you all!

I wish you all good luck with your cases,

Love and blessings to all!!!

As far as my knowledge - someone can corrected me if I am wrong- you don't have to withdraw your petition from USCIS since your fiancé(e) already had the interview at embassy and got denied. The reason some petition is still active and need to be withdraw because a beneficiary doesn't follow up the K-1 visa process until the interview.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Other Country: Cuba
Timeline

I don't think you have to withdraw anything it was denied simple as that case closed. When you apply for the spousal visa it will be a new application nothing to do with the old one.

If your spouse is in Cuba how is he going to be able to travel outside of Cuba? Does he already have a visa to go somewhere else? To my understanding they need a visa to go anywhere outside of Cuba.. I might be wrong though..

Good Luck and hope it all works out.

2nd go round

1st K-1 Denied

Subitted Feb 2-6-15

NOA1 - 2-18-15

NOA2 - 8-18-15

Interview 11-25-15 - Denied

And Here we go again -

New K1 submitted - 1-9-16

NOA1 - 1-12-16 (according to USCIS)

Text received 1-15-16

hardcopy - not received yet as of 1-26-16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic chiefly involves that phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

So sorry to hear your application was denied. Can you please share your story, I'm curious to know why the application was denied. I respect your privacy if you choose not to do so. Best wishes.

~Marta

Filed: Other Country: Cuba
Timeline

mmoreu- She posted her story earlier.. do an advance search for key words cuba or look at her profile and click her posts.. There was no reason given why she was denied they didn't tell her at the interview either.

She provided all the documents required and had to get a congressman involved to find out what the status was.. that is when she found out her application was denied for reasons labled "not a bonified relationship"

2nd go round

1st K-1 Denied

Subitted Feb 2-6-15

NOA1 - 2-18-15

NOA2 - 8-18-15

Interview 11-25-15 - Denied

And Here we go again -

New K1 submitted - 1-9-16

NOA1 - 1-12-16 (according to USCIS)

Text received 1-15-16

hardcopy - not received yet as of 1-26-16

Hmmm, I thought I have to withdraw with the case, because once the case returns back to USCIS they will contact me asking if I want to re file the k-1 again or cancel. I sent withdrawal letter of k1 petition yesterday so they don't contact me regarding that. I told them we are getting married in July and we do not qualify for k-1 therefore I'm with-drowning the K-1, and will file CR-1 after marriage.

Yes, my fiance is in Cuba and he needs visa for other countries. I have gotten him two visas so far and he is working on transit visa for one country. I had to send letters to each embassy with copy of my passport and the purpose of our trip so on.

Mmoreu, about your question for the reason why they denied the visa, I have no idea. We have provided more than what is needed. I'm starting to believe that they may just pick people randomly to deny. It was very wired, we had the interview and we thought everything went well and at the end they told us they will call my fiance in 15 days and never call back or never given a letter of denial till this day. I waited almost for 2 months because I thought they put us on AP then I contacted my congressman to ask on my behalf then they responded back for the congressman saying we didn't show bona fide relationship and returning the petition back to USCIS. That is the story for short. But, nothing will stop the love and we going move on with with our marriage in a third country and travel for the next 3months together and also meet my family members somewhere else than USA. When I come back I will file the CR-1. That is the plane for now.

Thank you all for all the input, and wish you all good luck with your cases. It is a painful process, but we will overcome.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

zetete...thank you for sharing your story and I am truly sorry. I can't imagine waiting all that time apart and then for the interviewer not to believe that your relationship and the love you share is not real. Best wishes and God bless.

~Marta

Although you don't agree with the decision -- for obvious reasons -- you already have the reason the visa was denied -- the interviewing officer did not believe it was a bonafide relationship. They will not provide information about the reasons for that decision. I know from personal experience, waiting for a FOIA request response (which can take months, if not years), is useless. Visa records are confidential and protected under the Immigration and Nationality Act. The only think you will get back in response is a copy of documentation that you submitted -- you won't get the visa officer's work product (unless someone makes a mistake!). Getting married and filing for spousal visa should convince them they were wrong.

jan22, thank you for that advise, I was also reluctant requesting FOIA. I will just forget about that and concentrate on filing the spousal visa. Me and my fiance will be traveling the next three months together and will be married in the third country. I will be ready to file the spousal visa when get back in September. Thank you all for all the support,

Love and blessings......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.