Mark&Syrell

K2 Help... I am confused !!!!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok... so. My fiancee has a daughter who was held up in her medical exam. The K2 had to undergo sputum test. The process has become complicated. On Monday April 22, 2014 my fiancee completed her medical exam. On June 5, 2014 my fiancee will have her interview with the consul.

K2 would have to complete 6 months of treatment at St. Luke's before she can proceed with her medical exam. This causes an issue because by that time my fiancee's medical exam will be nearly expired.

So the plan is for my fiancee to complete the interview on June 5, and once visa is on hand depart for America on 1st week of August leaving to K2 to follow.

In anyone's experience, how difficult would this make it for the K2 to complete the process of the medical exam and interview. She will not be eligible again to take the medical until April 22, 2015 and I am under the understanding that she is eligible to follow one year from the date of visa issuance to my fiancee.

Any suggestions or comments as to how complicated this will be for the K2 to get here?

Any suggestions if the one year expires what to do from there as far as getting her here ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

In anyone's experience, how difficult would this make it for the K2 to complete the process of the medical exam and interview.

Not, you are exactly describing a To Follow scenario.

She will not be eligible again to take the medical until April 22, 2015 and I am under the understanding that she is eligible to follow one year from the date of visa issuance to my fiancee.

Yes, one year.

Any suggestions or comments as to how complicated this will be for the K2 to get here?

Any suggestions if the one year expires what to do from there as far as getting her here ?

That would complicate things. You as the USC member of the newly married couple could petition for her, takes about a year. Your wife would have a 5 year wait if she petitioned her as an LPR, then a three year wait if she waited until she was naturalized. ( I believe my facts are correct but others will weigh in if not.)

Your best bet is to email the Embassy and describe the predicament. They have to power to extend things, etc.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok... so. My fiancee has a daughter who was held up in her medical exam. The K2 had to undergo sputum test. The process has become complicated. On Monday April 22, 2014 my fiancee completed her medical exam. On June 5, 2014 my fiancee will have her interview with the consul.

K2 would have to complete 6 months of treatment at St. Luke's before she can proceed with her medical exam. This causes an issue because by that time my fiancee's medical exam will be nearly expired.

So the plan is for my fiancee to complete the interview on June 5, and once visa is on hand depart for America on 1st week of August leaving to K2 to follow.

In anyone's experience, how difficult would this make it for the K2 to complete the process of the medical exam and interview. She will not be eligible again to take the medical until April 22, 2015 and I am under the understanding that she is eligible to follow one year from the date of visa issuance to my fiancee.

It is not completed for the K2 to follow, the process is very similar to what your fiancee is doing, the K-2 to follow has to be completed within one year of the issuance date of the K-1 visa, so start early enough with the K-2 process so it is issued within the year limitation. Follow the embassy instructions letter.

Obviously her daughter will have to stay near SLEC for the 6 months of DOT.

Not sure of the K-2 age, will there be someone that can attend the interview with her?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to Phil Regional Forum~

~inquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.