franko

July Numbers are In

118 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

125k is the same as 140k - special countries limit. In DV14 the limit for special country selection is 6k and in DV15 it reduce to 5k, so I think they noticed that special countries are slowing down the progress. That also mean those special countries might not be current for DV14 but non special countries still stand a chance to go current.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Well, there's no special limits on European countries currently. Ukraine and Uzbekistan has already passed their maximum case number (18k).

Edited by akhkharu

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

what are you thinking about europe for the number 40xxx and 50xxx they will have an interview? whit my cn eu444xx do i have any change for a interview?

Dv15 has EU47xxx so far ! I believe you will get a chance.

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

Timeline

125k is the same as 140k - special countries limit. In DV14 the limit for special country selection is 6k and in DV15 it reduce to 5k, so I think they noticed that special countries are slowing down the progress. That also mean those special countries might not be current for DV14 but non special countries still stand a chance to go current.

Hi kayend and welcome.

I definitly agree with you aproach, I think beside the special countries the rest will stand a chance ...

Timeline

IS DV2014 not DV2015

Yes I know you ceskhermenia :)

What I was trying to say is if dv15 has 47k eu cn than you definiltely stand a chance with 44k cn in dv14.

AF quota reduced too, 58000, last year was 62XXX,

country limit is 5k too

Most AF countries must have higher numbers then, didn't Nigeria (out now), Ethiopia and Egypt have around 6k last year? Those changes alone (-6k for Nigeria and -1k for the other two would mean Africa would have been reduced by 8k if nothing else had changed.

Also Africa reduced by 4k when overall reduced by 15k, Africa's relative share up?

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Other Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I'm a bit unsure how to calculate selectees for an area. Do they numbers listed in the July bulletin for each region represent number of case numbers or people registered?

To put it another way, I get 3,499 for Oceania as the total for DV-2015 compared to 4,215 as the total for DV-2014. A decrease of ~17% or 716. What does that number mean?

EDIT: Didn't realise indented countries were additional numbers.

Edited by rustawilliams

Case No - DV2015OC000021XX
Entry Checked - 1st May 2014
DC-260 Filed -
2nd NL -
Police Clearance -
Medicals -
Interviews -
Visa Pick up -
Port of Entry -

Timeline

So the selectees by region for DV2015 are:

EU = 40 000

AF = 58 000

AS = 20 002

NB = 14

OC = 3 499

SA = 3 999

Can anyone work-out the difference with last year numberts?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.