franko

July Numbers are In

118 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately AFRICA 56,300 Except:

Egypt: 30,900

Nigeria: 17,400 ASIA 8,900 EUROPE 36,300 NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) CURRENT OCEANIA 1,300 SOUTH AMERICA,

and the CARIBBEAN 1,550

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

Running a month behind last year, basically

And AF was 81200 August last year

I hope there are very big jumps for Africa soon or... I fear that previous concerns about not going current will look more likely

You will be current next month maybe Vladdy (if I remember your number right?)

Timeline

vladek are u current?

I'm 68xxx bro :) so not yet

Running a month behind last year, basically

And AF was 81200 August last year

I hope there are very big jumps for Africa soon or... I fear that previous concerns about not going current will look more likely

You will be current next month maybe Vladdy (if I remember your number right?)

Yeah I just need a good jump of 13k :) hopefully its 20k or more for august :)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Have a look at this:

September last year:

F. DIVERSITY VISA LOTTERY 2014 (DV-2014) RESULTS

The Kentucky Consular Center in Williamsburg, Kentucky has registered and notified the winners of the DV-2014 diversity lottery. The diversity lottery was conducted under the terms of section 203© of the Immigration and Nationality Act and makes available *50,000 permanent resident visas annually to persons from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States. Approximately 140,660 applicants have been registered and notified and may now make an application for an immigrant visa. Since it is likely that some of the first *50,000 persons registered will not pursue their cases to visa issuance, this larger figure should insure that all DV-2014 numbers will be used during fiscal year 2014 (October 1, 2013 until September 30, 2014).

June this year:

DIVERSITY VISA LOTTERY 2015 (DV-2015) RESULTS

The Kentucky Consular Center in Williamsburg, Kentucky has registered and notified the winners of the DV-2015 diversity lottery. The diversity lottery was conducted under the terms of section 203© of the Immigration and Nationality Act and makes available *50,000 permanent resident visas annually to persons from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States. Approximately 125,514 applicants have been registered and notified and may now make an application for an immigrant visa. Since it is likely that some of the first *50,000 persons registered will not pursue their cases to visa issuance, this larger figure should insure that all DV-2015 numbers will be used during fiscal year 2015 (October 1, 2014 until September 30, 2015).

Does it mean that they will "re-draw" - release more numbers later or they screwed up in DV2014 and we should not be too hopeful for high numbers ??????

Edited by franko

The world is governed by chance. Randomness stalks us every day of our lives.

FRANKYNUMBERVILLE ! :content:

Filed: Timeline

Have a look at this:

September last year:

The Kentucky Consular Center in Williamsburg, Kentucky has registered and notified the winners of the DV-2014 diversity lottery. The diversity lottery was conducted under the terms of section 203© of the Immigration and Nationality Act and makes available *50,000 permanent resident visas annually to persons from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States. Approximately 140,660 applicants have been registered and notified and may now make an application for an immigrant visa. Since it is likely that some of the first *50,000 persons registered will not pursue their cases to visa issuance, this larger figure should insure that all DV-2014 numbers will be used during fiscal year 2014 (October 1, 2013 until September 30, 2014).

June this year:

The Kentucky Consular Center in Williamsburg, Kentucky has registered and notified the winners of the DV-2015 diversity lottery. The diversity lottery was conducted under the terms of section 203© of the Immigration and Nationality Act and makes available *50,000 permanent resident visas annually to persons from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States. Approximately 125,514 applicants have been registered and notified and may now make an application for an immigrant visa. Since it is likely that some of the first *50,000 persons registered will not pursue their cases to visa issuance, this larger figure should insure that all DV-2015 numbers will be used during fiscal year 2015 (October 1, 2014 until September 30, 2015).

Does it mean that they will "re-draw" - release more numbers later or they screwed up in DV2014 and we should not be too hopeful for high numbers ??????

They did this basically by decreasing the number of winner from countries like Uzbekistan, Ukraine, which were having more winners from the other countries

Timeline

Have a look at this:

September last year:

June this year:

That's now a bad news numbers talk for them self !

I was wondering why we haven't heard yet about af116xxx,eu54xxx,oc29xx,as26xx and sa25xx....

Cn are bit lower this year and with this 125500 selected for 2015 does mean that dv15 was a f***up.

:(

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

They already told that there will be no more draws in DV-2015. Reference: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152153383558149&set=a.260627648148.142086.9229303148&type=1&comment_id=10152156921503149&offset=0&total_comments=142 I bet they screwed up in DV-2014 and made appropriate adjustment in DV-2015 which resulted in less number of selectees.

Have a look at this:

Approximately 125,514 applicants have been registered and notified and may now make an application for an immigrant visa. Since it is likely that some of the first *50,000 persons registered will not pursue their cases to visa issuance, this larger figure should insure that all DV-2015 numbers will be used during fiscal year 2015 (October 1, 2014 until September 30, 2015).

Interesting, thanks, especially as last year selection letters said 125k. At face value that does not look like good news for high CNs for 2014.

Also interesting though that they are still talking 50k when we know it's 55k really !!!

They did this basically by decreasing the number of winner from countries like Uzbekistan, Ukraine, which were having more winners from the other countries

Where do you come up with that - did you compare numbers of selectees both years? If so can you detail the countries with very big changes please (and what the numbers were?)

They already told that there will be no more draws in DV-2015..

Good spot , thanks for sharing it. Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Timeline

Interesting, thanks, especially as last year selection letters said 125k. At face value that does not look like good news for high CNs for 2014.

Also interesting though that they are still talking 50k when we know it's 55k really !!!

Where do you come up with that - did you compare numbers of selectees both years? If so can you detail the countries with very big changes please (and what the numbers were?)

Good spot , thanks for sharing it.

For example Uzbekistan decreased almost 2k . In 2014 it was close to 6k.now it is around 4k

Timeline

They already told that there will be no more draws in DV-2015. Reference: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152153383558149&set=a.260627648148.142086.9229303148&type=1&comment_id=10152156921503149&offset=0&total_comments=142 I bet they screwed up in DV-2014 and made appropriate adjustment in DV-2015 which resulted in less number of selectees.

I also don't belive they will draw again, there was no 2nd draw in dv14 so I think they will stick to 125k in2015.

But one thing I wanna point-out dv13 with 110k all regions went current, and so they choose to take more selectees in 2014, I agree that was a bit to much...

But on other hand 125500 is still promissing for the high cns of this year since we saw EU47xxx and AF99xxx AS19xxx.....

Good luck for everyone

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.