LibCampFireClub

'I will sell them,' Boko Haram leader says of kidnapped Nigerian girls

158 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you sent money to free the slaves ? ???? 1500 years of Islamic slavery... Still going on today. What happens to the 10 old christian child who refuses to convert?Will 2-300 followers of the Islamic faith make sure she has at least an Islamic child... If she does not die first?

Gee lost, are you saying this is going on because of the underlying motives of Islam? Are you saying this all goes to your greater point of "the war on Christianity?" And to further the point, perhaps the Kenyan is complicit in these kidnappings?

What about the innocent children? Or did you guys forget about them so you could argue about the stupidshit over and over again?

(let me make another run at the question)

I'm trying to take the conversation in a different direction =

Which came first - the Chicken (Media) or the Egg (Islamic Militants)....

Coz no doubt about...some Muslims have used Islam to join others (Individuals as illustrated in the video - & movements = Civil Rights .. Nazis) to become =

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

(let me make another run at the question)

I'm trying to take the conversation in a different direction =

Which came first - the Chicken (Media) or the Egg (Islamic Militants)....

Coz no doubt about...some Muslims have used Islam to join others (Individuals as illustrated in the video - & movements = Civil Rights .. Nazis) to become =

If I had to guess, I'd say a mixture of both. There have been bombings by terrorists for decades that didn't have to do with Islam. IRA and other conflicts come to mind. The catalyst? 9/11. There will never be(God willing)another attack that encompasses a group in such a way. I've pointed this out before, more Americans have been killed by other Americans than by Muslims, yet, we have no issues bugging mosques or profiling muslims.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Post after post defending these monsters and pointing out how Christians, or people in the USA do bad stuff also.

Ok sure they do. Why is it important. This is an atrocious act. Why do we need to marginalize it in every post by pointing out something bad someone else did.

When the Westboro church does something bad, we just go "Ok they Suck" we don't spend 5 pages pointing out some other group does something bad also

Bottom line is you people doing this are rationalizing this group and defending them...SHAME ON YOU

All the religions are pretty silly when you get down to it. From my perspective Islam is particularly bad because of its inherent conservatism. We get it, you're scared of death, you need a way to cope with the death of a loved one, you need a way to cope with poverty, there's something "missing" in your life, you were born in to it. Sometimes I imagine how dumb aliens will think we are when we try to enlighten them with our mythology. They may pee their pants when we get to Noah.

Nailed it G.

Religion thrives on ones weaknesses.

Post after post defending these monsters and pointing out how Christians, or people in the USA do bad stuff also.

Ok sure they do. Why is it important. This is an atrocious act. Why do we need to marginalize it in every post by pointing out something bad someone else did.

When the Westboro church does something bad, we just go "Ok they Suck" we don't spend 5 pages pointing out some other group does something bad also

Bottom line is you people doing this are rationalizing this group and defending them...SHAME ON YOU

I tend to agree with this.

Boko Haram and other islamic militant groups are a serious threat, right now, that should be addressed. Talking about there used to be and will be again other despicable militant groups just seems to say that we can't do anything and should accept it because it's all equal or something.

I see a lot of baggage being brought to this thread, not the other way around.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

:thumbs: It's pandemic and chronic.

I don't really see a cross over / overlap justifying or motivating comparisons. At least not in regards to the conversation I'm trying to have...(except) it seems Marvin (in his last post) Is using comparison to point out the effect Islamist Militant's actions and Media coverage for the same - has elevated Islamaphobia.

I have an Idea....

How 'bout the media stop feeding the Islamic Cult of Personality by always referring to these monster by their names and that each of them represent a regional militant group...?

Stop tagging them with "Islamist Militant Leader"....?

Timeline

The bottom line is they're pointing out the double standard. I know this is your soap box deal but I'm going to keep pointing it out to you. Their point is not "two wrongs make a right" Their point is the anger only comes out when the act happens under the opposition or a different religion/group. That's hypocrisy. That's what they're pointing out and what you fail to see every time. If the westboro baptist church does something, the christian folks will defend/downplay/disassociate. Is the Christians see Muslims doing something, they group them all together and act like its inherent to the religion, which is the double standard.

Take FSA...for example...?

Is the Christians see Muslims doing something, they group them all together and act like its inherent to the religion, which is the double standard.

Now see....this is near my target.

It's not just the Christians....it's the media...it's world govs...it's political figures world wide.....etc.

Timeline

Boko Haram and other islamic militant groups are a serious threat, right now, that should be addressed. Talking about there used to be and will be again other despicable militant groups just seems to say that we can't do anything and should accept it because it's all equal or something.

Very very very true. This can be done and should be done. You can't blame Muslims for being weary of Americans and a call to arms against radical Islamists when we've done a poor job of differentiating in the past. Islam is not the complete problem. Radicalization in the name of anything is the problem.

Who is defending these dudes? Expat said muslims were silent, I posted a link saying they weren't.

No where am I defending what these animals have done.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

While you are 100% correct, it is clear that the purpose of this thread is to indict the religion of these criminals rather than their acts. These people are a threat not because of their religion, even if they claim so. They do not represent any particular religion. In fact, they do not represent anyone but themselves.

All we need do it look at history and realize the greatest atrocities in the western world were carried out in the name of one god or another.

We should not be distracted by their religion and take solace in that others religions do the same, on the contrary we should indict them all.

The travesty is that the OP glided over the actual obscenity of the entire act of these criminals only to decry them, in feigned outrage, for their religion.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Very very very true. This can be done and should be done. You can't blame Muslims for being weary of Americans and a call to arms against radical Islamists when we've done a poor job of differentiating in the past. Islam is not the complete problem. Radicalization in the name of anything is the problem.

& it's also the Militant groups...they utilize the media to become the Cult....They want the tag.