Hi Everyone! Case Number question!

43 posts in this topic

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Sorry everybody... I think he won't be called on november or december. He's SA (South America) 18XX, that's exactly my case this year... and we are in may's vb and we are around 1425 for june and... actually I'm hopeless today.

So my venezuelan friend... If I were you, I'll wait to see what happens this year because we (Sa-venezuelans) are in a very weird spot this year, and doesn't seem like the "current" option will appear.

AOS takes a little longer than CP, I'm 2014SA18XX and I don't know when (and IF) I'll get an interview, so AOS seems a bit risky at this time.

Best regards!

Hi everyone! I got picked for further process for the DV Lottery 2015.

My case number is 2015SA000018** , when should I file the DS-260 (is it May 19th?)

Also I am currently working in the US under OPT.

Should I apply for the Adjustment of status?

Sorry for any questions that were not clear, It is my first time I applied and got picked!

Also Congratulations to everyone else that got their visas!

Thank You!!!

Your number as of this year it's not that good. Read what I posted above. (It's not "imposible", just not that good)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Your number as of this year it's not that good. Read what I posted above. (It's not "imposible", just not that good)

You are so right vero !

I actually read AS1800

And I'm sure sussie didn't notice that too ! So AOS is extremly risky for him/her...

But on other side veronice my friend, they did it again 2015 SA1800 means there is a good chance that this number will go current...

Think about it

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

You are so right vero !

I actually read AS1800

And I'm sure sussie didn't notice that too ! So AOS is extremly risky for him/her...

But on other side veronice my friend, they did it again 2015 SA1800 means there is a good chance that this number will go current...

Think about it

You are extremely nice, my pal... and by the way: why you are not sleeping????

Timeline

You are extremely nice, my pal... and by the way: why you are not sleeping????

Good question mate ! Even my wife is moaning I should be sleeping by now !

But I can't help it, I need to read some of simon's post before I sleep :(

DVholic vero

Yes I did read AS too...

But the point is even if it gets current it is late in the fiscal year. That means (1) may be out of status by then (2) may be too little time to get the process finalised, then you are in trouble as you missed it entirely.

So maybe do what others do and play it safe, schedule the interview for consular processing where it all happens much faster.

Good question mate ! Even my wife is moaning I should be sleeping by now !

But I can't help it, I need to read some of simon's post before I sleep :(

DVholic vero

Man, you're scr****!

Go and take a tea or hot chocolate and put your a ** on the bed! This will be a tough week and we need to save energy to help the fallen when the next vb comes out.

Sure! Thank you guys very much! :)

Just be really careful with the AOS, keeping an eye in the progress of this year's lottery and -as all the labels say- "I strongly recommend you not to" go AOS because it's really risky.

With all your papers already legalized as I imagine you have (school, identification and so) you'll use little time completing the documentation you'll need to CP. By the way: You need your high school diploma (sí, el título de bachiller, aunque te hayas graduado en la uni) legalized and the police records are only valid for 3 months.

Good luck!

And btw Veronice hope we get the interview=]

Me too!!! fingers crossed! My interview (if happens) will be this year (I won 2014)... and I'm about to lose my mind with all the waiting!!!

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

...and I'm about to lose my mind with all the waiting!!!

LOL From the looks of your avatar you already have. She a bit scary looking Vero!!

You and I will be locked up in the crazy house after this is all done and dusted! :blink:

Timeline

Man, you're scr****!

Go and take a tea or hot chocolate and put your a ** on the bed! This will be a tough week and we need to save energy to help the fallen when the next vb comes out.

I'm still here :)

I always tell my wife that I have to discuss number with sirpercy so she gives up lol

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Here's another thing, I have been living in Hong Kong before coming to the USA, my parents are from HK but my Country of Chargeability is Venezuela because I was born there and I left when I was 13. And which country should I get my police records from?

can the CP interview be processed here in the US?

Thanks so much for the help!!

Timeline

Here's another thing, I have been living in Hong Kong before coming to the USA, my parents are from HK but my Country of Chargeability is Venezuela because I was born there and I left when I was 13. And which country should I get my police records from?

can the CP interview be processed here in the US?

Thanks so much for the help!!

if you left venezuella at 13 years old you won't need a Poloce clearance, but a venezueleen birth is required.

You can do CP where ever country you reside in, but not in the USA!

That is called AOS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.