UBVz

Hi Everyone! Case Number question!

43 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi everyone! I got picked for further process for the DV Lottery 2015.

My case number is 2015SA000018** , when should I file the DS-260 (is it May 19th?)

Also I am currently working in the US under OPT.

Should I apply for the Adjustment of status?

Sorry for any questions that were not clear, It is my first time I applied and got picked!

Also Congratulations to everyone else that got their visas!

Thank You!!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Yes your number is exellent you will have an interview probably november or december.

You will have to wait for the 19may for your ds260 application.

Now with OPT I'm not sure if its a dual visa that allows you to do aos!

Simon will clarify that just hang on...

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

I think we need mom to pipe up for OPT. I don't know details but I believe there is some kind of time limit on this and from what I have seen others talking about there is a significant chance of going out of status...and if you are out of status you can't AOS, and if you have unlawful presence you can't get your visa at all.

Yes your number is exellent you will have an interview probably november or december.

You will have to wait for the 19may for your ds260 application.

Now with OPT I'm not sure if its a dual visa that allows you to do aos!

Simon will clarify that just hang on...

Doesn't have to be a dual intent visa if you are already in the US eg student visa you can adjust from. You just have to be in legal status, But you cannot enter on non-immigrant visa with intent to immigrate. If they already in US when selected they did not enter with intent to AOS/immigrate. Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

I think we need mom to pipe up for OPT. I don't know details but I believe there is some kind of time limit on this and from what I have seen others talking about there is a significant chance of going out of status...and if you are out of status you can't AOS, and if you have unlawful presence you can't get your visa at all.

Hi there. Yes you can do AOS from OPT. Thats what I was doing before I changed to CP due to my high case number. :)

Hi there. Yes you can do AOS from OPT. Thats what I was doing before I changed to CP due to my high case number. :)

I know you can... I just wasn't sure if it was advisable. Aren't there potential problems with being out of status?

Timeline

Thanks for the reply. I understand this doesnt guarantee any visa but im still thankful for the replies!

Keep me updated!

Well my primary desicion was to file the DS-260 on may 19th (but I was not sure about the case number rank and wanted an estimate on when the interview would take place)

Thanks!

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

I know you can... I just wasn't sure if it was advisable. Aren't there potential problems with being out of status?

Sorry was responding to Vladdy's uncertainty...

I was advised as long as your AOS package is accepted and acknowledged prior to the end of your OPT grace period then you will be fine. If your grace period ends in the interim prior to your interview you fall into a kind of AOS limbo land until your AOS application is finalised. But youre right if the OP's grace period will expire before he can send his i485 package in then he will be out of status and inelligible to do AOS.

Timeline

Thanks for the replies!

Also another question is that, do we (DV-lottery winners) get to choose interview place? Since im in the Unites States I would really like to process my interview here in the United States.

Timeline

Thanks for the replies!

Also another question is that, do we (DV-lottery winners) get to choose interview place? Since im in the Unites States I would really like to process my interview here in the United States.

Does anyone have some1moms spreadsheet link?

Iheartny perhaps ?

Thanks for the replies!

By definition if you are doing AOS you have your interview in the US.... Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline

I think I have the link saved on my laptop at home (Im at work now). If no one beats me to it, I'll try and find it and post it here.

I opened a AOS thread post it there please :)

Thanks pal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.