Honeysuckle

Sleepless in Vienna

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Greetings to all Visa Journey Members,

I’ll try to make this short and sweet. My fiancé sent our I-129 application package to the Texas Service Centre. The package arrived and was received by Mr. or Mrs. So & So on April 23, 2014. Today, Tuesday April 29th, we received the NOA1.

Here’s the reason why I can't sleep:

We did not send ALL pages of our passports—we just sent a copy of the front page where it says name, date of birth, place, when it was issued and the expiration date etc. My passport was renewed in November 2013. I didn’t travel anywhere until I went to the US (with VWP) to visit my fiancé in December 2013. Therefore, there is only one stamp in my passport; the rest of the pages are blank.

Question # 1

According to the instructions for I-129 form, it says submit copy of “ALL” passport pages. Do we have to include the BLANK pages as well?

Question # 2

When I returned to Vienna on January 1, 2014. The immigration did not stamp my passport. So, it looks as if I never left the US when in fact, I did. In the past, I used to get stamp both; “entry and departure” stamps. This time, the immigration only checked my passport and my boarding pass. Did the immigration perhaps forget to stamp my passport or did I miss something? :(

Many thanks in advance for your reply.

Best regards,

S & B

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

as far as I know, all passport pages shown are only if you don't have a birth certificate to show, not as proof of visitation. I could be wrong…if I am, I'm screwed, cuz I only photocopied my id card and the passport stamps as proof of my travel to see my fiancé.

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Copy of the passport is not even needed for the foreign fiance(e). The USC petitioner can use either a copy of their US birth certificate, naturalization or ALL(yes even blanks) pages of their US passport to prove US citizenship.

Also, just so you and others reading this that might be confused, the I-129F petition is mailed to a Dallas lockbox address, not the Texas Service Center. It is an intake facility and the petitions are sent from there to either the TSC or the CSC.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

as far as I know, all passport pages shown are only if you don't have a birth certificate to show, not as proof of visitation. I could be wrong…if I am, I'm screwed, cuz I only photocopied my id card and the passport stamps as proof of my travel to see my fiancé.

Thank you Jewels7377 for the reply.

I hope that sending just the copy of our passport stamps wouldn't be a problem.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks again and all the best to you and your fiancé.

Best,

S. & B.

Timeline

Copy of the passport is not even needed for the foreign fiance(e). The USC petitioner can use either a copy of their US birth certificate, naturalization or ALL(yes even blanks) pages of their US passport to prove US citizenship.

Also, just so you and others reading this that might be confused, the I-129F petition is mailed to a Dallas lockbox address, not the Texas Service Center. It is an intake facility and the petitions are sent from there to either the TSC or the CSC.

Sorry for the delayed response, Jay-Kay. I appreciate your for taking the time to reply.

Besides the passport, my fiancé also submitted his birth certificate to prove his citizenship.

So, I'm guessing it should be fine.

Thanks also for the clarification on the TSC.

Kind regards,

S. & B.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sorry for the delayed response, Jay-Kay. I appreciate your for taking the time to reply.

Besides the passport, my fiancé also submitted his birth certificate to prove his citizenship.

So, I'm guessing it should be fine.

Thanks also for the clarification on the TSC.

Kind regards,

S. & B.

You are welcome. Yes, he sent his birth certificate to prove his US citizenship, so just sending the pages of the passport with the stamps to prove meeting in person is fine. You do not need all the pages unless you are using it on its own to prove citizenship.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

You are welcome. Yes, he sent his birth certificate to prove his US citizenship, so just sending the pages of the passport with the stamps to prove meeting in person is fine. You do not need all the pages unless you are using it on its own to prove citizenship.

Many thanks again. I appreciate it.

Best,

S. & B.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

It'll be fine. And also, I don't think they stamp your passport when you leave. I have been in the US 6 years on a work visa and they only stamped when I enetered. I just was over there on a tourist visa and returned 6 weeks ago and they didn't stamp it. GOOD LUCK!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

It'll be fine. And also, I don't think they stamp your passport when you leave. I have been in the US 6 years on a work visa and they only stamped when I enetered. I just was over there on a tourist visa and returned 6 weeks ago and they didn't stamp it. GOOD LUCK!!!

Thank you. All the best to you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.