Together4ever

emotional baggage of the visa journey...

87 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Funny you mention about communicating with phone lines and typed words as opposed to real life communication. When I'm with Moh in Egypt I don't do a lot of talking. It's like I don't know what to say when I'm with him. On the phone or online I'm a chatterbox and he's the listener. In Egypt it's reversed.

I'm not on the visa process yet. I'm still trying to figure what we are going to do, especially since I'm staying in the USA under a tourism visa.

But in the 2years and 5 months of our relationship we've accumulated months away from each other: 7months+3+7&1/2...

I feel too that we talked more on the phone, and I think it's because we are not with each other yet we want to share our life so the other isn't left out, it's like an pale copy of the life you could have. And then when you are reunited, you get to see him touch him, and it seems there isn't as much this need to share everything just because you see each other.

I've had to deal with other things too, there is always an adjusment when we haven't seen each other for a while. I'm not used to being kissed and held and... my boyfriend knows that he needs to give me space until I feel comfortable with him. There is always the doubt that we could have changed, that our feelings could have changed, but so far it's only been a fear because my love is there and I can feel it after my brain adjusts to being back and with him.

Given that I don't have a visa to stay here... well there is always this fear of going back to France, and it makes me unhappy and sometimes moody and it's hard for the two of us because I overreact to things, I have this need touch him as much as I can, because I'm so scared to loose him, I'm so scared of not being able to come back. Thankfully there is communication and we try to work things out.

For those who haven't lived for long with their partner, there is also the discovery of the basic daily life...

The adjustment to a different culture we've only seen on a temporary basis, etc.

But it's all so much worth it :yes:

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Jean I really think you need to relax and stop worrying about everything. He is here, he has his visa, you are married. What's the problem? I just can't imagine that after all this time you have waited and finally got what you waited so long to have that you can actually be upset or worry about it. I would think you would be in love with the word "visa" now

Lets' not get all personal again, Sarah. Its just a discussion thread.

What do you mean personal? Do you think you haven't shared your emotions with us every day? I'm just saying that you have created a couple of threads and made several posts about how upset or worried you are about something now that he is here. Just relax! Remember those who don't have their SO here yet... THEY are the ones who suffer just like you did.

Timeline
As much as I can understand the damage done by the visa process I have to say...once Moh (isa) gets here y'all aren't gonna hear a peep outta me.

Even when you're at work? I guess we'll have to see about that hahaha

I thought the same thing then I hadn't started working yet and Hicham was working so that was my VJ time. If we are both off from work or at home, I'm very scarce here.

Filed: Timeline

Well I will probably pop in but I'll be too damn happy to have him here to be upset anymore. I've been through AOS with my ex. Piece of cake next to the visa process. At least he'd be here with me waiting instead of me sittin here waiting on him alone.

Edited by moody

Timeline
Well I will probably pop in but I'll be too damn happy to have him here to be upset anymore. I've been through AOS with my ex. Piece of cake next to the visa process. At least he'd be here with me waiting instead of me sittin here waiting on him alone.

Yep- I have no reason to complain about AOS (even though we have hit a wall). He's here. That's what counts.

Timeline
:thumbs:

That's right...that's ALL that counts for me.

I have a feeling we won't hear one complaint out of you when he is here. That's only reasonable!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

moody are you following through with the k-3 or the I130? I think I saw both were approved before he had the interview but I'm not sure what one you were going for.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
He did his interview for the K3. You think Cairo takes forever for K3 or K1...try a CR1. Yeah no thanks. We're sticking to the fastest way out of Cairo. Hahaha....Cairo and fast shouldn't be put in the same sentence.

oh ok. not to derail this thread but I thought since both were approved before the interview you could just simply tell them which one you wanted to go through. Good to know. :thumbs: Yeah I agree I'd want the fastest way out too!!!!!

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

It's doubtful unless I'm complaining about the weather or something stupid like that.

No offense to Jean but it does make me feel kinda bad when ppl still go on and on and their husbands are here. Mine isn't yet and I'm still suffering the wait as are many others. Those who have their SOs with them here now should maybe be a little sensitive to others who are still waiting. Just a thought.

I have a feeling we won't hear one complaint out of you when he is here. That's only reasonable!

Timeline
It's doubtful unless I'm complaining about the weather or something stupid like that.

No offense to Jean but it does make me feel kinda bad when ppl still go on and on and their husbands are here. Mine isn't yet and I'm still suffering the wait as are many others. Those who have their SOs with them here now should maybe be a little sensitive to others who are still waiting. Just a thought.

My thoughts exactly. It is insensitive.

Jean I really think you need to relax and stop worrying about everything. He is here, he has his visa, you are married. What's the problem? I just can't imagine that after all this time you have waited and finally got what you waited so long to have that you can actually be upset or worry about it. I would think you would be in love with the word "visa" now

What do you mean personal? Do you think you haven't shared your emotions with us every day? I'm just saying that you have created a couple of threads and made several posts about how upset or worried you are about something now that he is here. Just relax! Remember those who don't have their SO here yet... THEY are the ones who suffer just like you did.

Well, here we go again...

I just started a thread of what I thought would be useful sharing for those who will also be facing the adjustment of their SO's arrival. This was not a WHINING AND COMPLAINING thread. I will state again, I find my own "psychology" to be kind of interesting at this time. I certainly am not complainin about Mohammed being here. I will say for I think the third time now, I am quite relieved he's with me and we're building our life together quite happily.

I had just hoped for discussion.

Timeline

Well, here we go again...

I just started a thread of what I thought would be useful sharing for those who will also be facing the adjustment of their SO's arrival. This was not a WHINING AND COMPLAINING thread. I will state again, I find my own "psychology" to be kind of interesting at this time. I certainly am not complainin about Mohammed being here. I will say for I think the third time now, I am quite relieved he's with me and we're building our life together quite happily.

I had just hoped for discussion.

This isn't the only thread you have created since Moh has been here. Maybe you need to go back and read your posts. I couldn't believe my eyes when you complained about working while Mohammed was at home. When you go home from work who is there? YOUR HUSBAND!

I really think you need to be more careful about complaining about things now. You have reached your goal. There are still others waiting. You know what it's like to be waiting which is why I can't understand why you are being so insensitive now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.