cvek

K1 Visa Case Status: Ready/AP/Ready/AP

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I had my interview last Thursday and the officer told me that it was approved. Since that day My Case status has changed to these Ready/AP/Ready/AP I was not confused very much but now I am really confused. Hope everything is ok with it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Same thing has happened to us. We were approved and the Officer told us our Visa would be ready in 3 days. It has been 2 weeks now. We escalated our case with the embassy and they tell us the same thing. Administrative processing, they dont have a time frame to give us. This is torture. :cry:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

OMG! so sorry for that. I hope you can get your tickets rescheduled. These people do not care about anyone. They are just like drones working at snails pace. They dont even realize that peoples lives are affected by all of this. :ranting:

Filed: Other Timeline

I had my interview last Thursday and the officer told me that it was approved. Since that day My Case status has changed to these Ready/AP/Ready/AP I was not confused very much but now I am really confused. Hope everything is ok with it

I am sorry to hear that you have already purchased your tickets. If you have received your approval letter than you need to wait for further information for your visa and passport. However, you should not worry about your case because it has already been approved. What you should do now is, try to work with your travel agent to change your date... or request a refund. But first explain to the travel agent that your application is approved and just need to wait till you receive further instructions.

If you purchased the tickets within 7 days than there is a possibility that you will be able to receive your refund and or change your date.

Thank You

Ahsan Verma

Immigration Visa Legal Assistant

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

i hope so. when the officer told that it was approved and would be ready at the pickup location i didnt even think if it would be in ap for weeks. well maybe im just freaking out, it has been just 3 days since i got approval. case status keeps changing and some people who had experence the same thing have been waiting foor couple weeks. we already paid thousands of dollars for my travel and it is freaking me out. what a crazy process! wish everyone a very smooth process.

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've checked my case status : Ready/AP/Ready/AP updated Sept. 22, 2014. Hoping and praying that I will have my visa soon together with my passport. I was interviewed last Sept 8, 2014 and had given a 221 (g) for my NBI a.k.a. I have submitted the necessary document which they asked last Sept. 11, 2014 I am leaving it all to God because nothing is impossible with Him. Patience is a virtue and keeping the faith alive! To God be the Glory!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Upon checking on my status today, I finally got my visa : U.S. Department of State NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION "ISSUED" Application ID or Case Number: MNLxxxxxxxxxxxx MNL Case Creation Date: 17-Sep-2014 Status Updated Date: 23-Sep-2014.

Thank you, Lord!!!! I will just be waiting for the delivery of my passport and visa! To God be the Glory!!!

• 3 months later...

I've checked my case status : Ready/AP/Ready/AP updated Sept. 22, 2014. Hoping and praying that I will have my visa soon together with my passport. I was interviewed last Sept 8, 2014 and had given a 221 (g) for my NBI a.k.a. I have submitted the necessary document which they asked last Sept. 11, 2014 I am leaving it all to God because nothing is impossible with Him. Patience is a virtue and keeping the faith alive! To God be the Glory!

I'm on the same boat with you now Anna Marie. Same 221g NBI with A.K.A. Had my interview last dDecember 11th and submitted the requested document on December 22nd. Took long because my name is hit. The date of status updated change when I checked it last December 24th. Status still AP. Was kinda being impatient. I think the holidays is just delaying the process. Hopefully won't take too long. Thanks for your post Anna Marie. This inspires me :)

Edited by tommybear

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.