9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi just want to know if someone knows the answer for my dilemma I know the difference between CR1 and IR1 but I do not know where will my husband be considered once he migrates here in the US his interview is on May 5, 2014 our 2nd wedding anniversary will be on April 14 we got married April 14,2012. By the time he enters US will he be issued 2 year green card or 10 years? Since our anniversary has passed? As of mow his preference category is CR1

idea9dv.gifgoofy.gifdancin5hr.gifreading.gifrofl.gifcray5ol.gifwow.gifoops8rh.gifheart.gifreading.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

cr1 is if you are married less than 2 years, he would get a 2 year conditional green card..ir1 is if you are married 2 years or more and he would receive a 10 year green card

Timeline

cr1 is if you are married less than 2 years, he would get a 2 year conditional green card..ir1 is if you are married 2 years or more and he would receive a 10 year green card

idea9dv.gifgoofy.gifdancin5hr.gifreading.gifrofl.gifcray5ol.gifwow.gifoops8rh.gifheart.gifreading.gif

Timeline

Hi Mimolicious,

I know the difference between the two.. I just don't know what category will he fall in once everything is complete as of now he is CR1 but tomorrow marks our two years wedding anniversary,? Will he be in IR1 or still in CR1?

Timeline

When he enters USA and it is already after 2 years of marriage, it will be a 10yr stamp... IR

Hi Biaobiao,

Have you had this experience before? Or do you know anyone that this he has his intrrview on May 05 should he ask immigration about this??

Hi Biaobiao,

Have you had this experience before? Or do you know anyone that this he has his intrrview on May 05 should he ask immigration about this??

I personally am not at this stage... But I have read on other threads that they (customs officers) at the point of entry are authorized to change the category. So make sure the spouse who is immigrating makes a point to ask about it and an extra copy of marriage license to show you've been married over the 2 years.

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

Hi Biaobiao,

No. Not yet. My husband is still planning on starting the petition. But based on 2years reading.. It can be change at the point of entry. Just pay attention to the stamp :)

Goodluck

Here is quote from USEM manila blog : http://blogs.usembassy.gov/philippines/?page_id=31&cpage=2

i have a CR visa application approved, paid the visa fee and submitted the AOS last march but I’m still waiting for the visa packet to be sent in the US Embassy Manila. Now I’m currently in the US with my wife for the holidays using my B1/B2 visa and will come back to the Philippines on Jan 2 as I have 15 months more in med school and I have a business to manage back home. Our 2nd wedding anniversary will be on Jan 2012. My questions are first, will my visa category change to CR to IR since by the time of the interview we have been married for more than 2 years and second, if the visa packet will take a while to be released, can I apply to VRP to visit her again in summer? My 10 years visa will expire in 2012. I answered yes to all the VRP requirements but just wondering if I’m eligible since i have a pending immigrant visa application

VISAtisfied Voyager

Yes, your visa category will convert from CR1 to IR1 once you have been married for 2 years. You can apply under the VRP, as long as you meet all the criteria listed on the Embassy’s website (http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3024.html#V1). Whether or not you have a pending immigrant visa petition is not one of the VRP criteria.

ich_liebe_dich_103.jpg
March 29,2013-------Notice of Action "1st"
November 14,2013-------Notice of Action ( Notice of transferred NSC )
December 20,2013-------Notice of Action "Approval"
December 26,2013-------Case was Shipped to National Visa Center
January 13,2014 -------Case received at NVC
February 12, 2014-------NVC Assigned Case Number

February 25,2014------- Paid AOS & IV bill

February 27,2014------ -AOS & IV documents was submitted to NVC ( Completed DS-260 )

March 4, 2014 --------- NVC received AOS & IV documents

March 10 & 11,2014 -----( Done Advanced Medical at SLEC ) = Passed

March 21,2014---------- Case Completed

April 04,2014---------Received Interview Date ( P4)

May 5,2014-------- -Interview ( APPROVED )

event.png
event.png
event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.