12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husband has his interview in Ciudad Juarez scheduled for May 16....anyone who has already gone through the interview explain exactally what happens, from begining to end? Are there any papers that need to be filled out, while in the consulate? The problem is my husband gets nervouse in croweded places and can not really write well...we are nervouse about him having to fill out any papers....Thank you for any answers!! God Bless!! ♡♥

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Duplicate thread removed~

~Please refrain from multiple posting of same topic~

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just got my K1 visa approved!!! I had my interview in CIUDAD JUAREZ.

First of all... I must explain to you it is very safe! my fiance was soooo nervous of me going there by myself (since he wasnt able to come with me, because of his job) He was literally freaking out and asking me to not even go to the store hahahahah!

The consulate area is very well taken care of... the hotels around there are safe! I stayed at the QUALITY INN Hotel. It was a good hotel to stay in... a few steps from where it ALL goes down.

I had my Medical exam on the international something Laboratory... On March 31, 2013.You should make sure he makes an appointment prior to it... AAAAND ask him to NOT LISTEN TO ANYONE who will talk to him on the street on his way to the Medical... they will scam him and ask him if he has all the papers done and ... and even say.."you are going to the medical? come in here!" dont! He should know the exact location of the medical prior to the appointment so he can just go straight to the place without asking strangers! I really dont understand how they can allow these scammers on the street! they are right there! ... any ways... he shall not worry.. just walk to the place and ignore anyone outside... once inside the personal will be there to help!

He needs a copy of his letter from the consulate that says "present this letter at your interview, if you do not, you will be turned away" , a copy of his DS 160 confirmation page, and his passport. Pictures WILL BE TAKEN IN THE LABORATORY! you do NOT need to take your own! ok! I dont know about the other authorized laboratory but the one I went to.. "laboratorio internacional..something something" once you walk in, you must ask where you take your picture because its the first thing you must do... take the picture ...it is exactly on a line to his right (in that laboratory) he will get in line and wait to take a pic... the "photographer" will ask him for his passport and a copy of those things... AND then will ask him to get in line to talk to the receptionist... Make sure He tells the receptionist he has an appointment made because there is a HUUUUGE line for those who didnt make an appointment prior to it... so.. after the picture, in line to talk to the receptionist and give him the documents (he only showed them to the photographer) and then she will direct him to his line. After he gets in that line of people who made his appointment.. he will talk to a woman in a window who will ask him his name, ask him for his passport and some minor things about him then will give him a bracelet and will direct him to another room where he will take the different medical exams (depending on your case). After the medical, they will ask you to get in line to pay for it, and theeen they will tell you at what time come and pick up the packet. HE MUST NOT OPEN IT.

Ok, then I had my Picture/Fingerprint appointment on April 1. The "interview" is very quick.. I had it at 3:30 and since my hotel was only a few steps away.. I left the hotel at 3:20 which is perfect because they wont let you in untill it is 3:30 exact. the security guards outside the door can answer his questions... I think he only needs his DS160 confirmation copy and his passport. I think. On the door of the interview place there is a list of what you need... anyways.. He will be told when to come in and pass through security and then go with a receptionist who will ask him for these documents. then he will be told what window he must go to and they will take a picture and his fingerprints..that's it! veeery quick .. I was out in like 20 min.

Ok so my Consular interview was on April 5. We had some time in between which allowed me to fix all the paper work and be calm hahaha.. Ok, so I had my interview at 7:15 am... I was there at 6:30am which I think was great because even tho there were many people..not as many as there was about to be! hahaha... so I got in this line. and they asked me for a copy of the DS160 and passport ah, and that letter that says you must present it or you will be turned away. They will give him a number and will be asked to sit and wait... he must be paying attention because a dude will be calling out numbers.. and asking those numbers to get in a line...then when he is told to get in a line, he and the people in line (like 10 people) will be asked to go outside and get in this line to enter the CONSULATE... there he will go through some security checks and then be told what building to go to.. and if I dont recall wrong they will give him a ticket number... once he goes in the building they will instruct him what window to go to. There he will be asked for ALL the documents... like birth cert., passport, financial packet..blah blah... then they will give him another ticket! with another number and will be told to sit in a chair... there he MUST PAY EXTRA attention to the tv because it will be showing so many numbers... for example

5676> 48

3245< 55

6234> 32

the numbers have NO ORDER! so he must pay attention.. if his number is for example... 3245 he must go to window 55 .. the problem is... the top number is always in RED ... that doesn mean its the one he needs to pay attention to.. all of the numbers are "calling" numbers even if the number is in BLACK ..he must pay attention to it.. the red is just because it's the NEW number that came on the screen, I think.. but it is not "better" or the number to look at only... _(I dont know if I made myself clear)

Ok, once his number appears on the tv. he must walk to that window and he will be in his interview. There a consular officer will ask him who is pettiitoning for him, if he has commited any crimes, has any tattoos? and so on.. (the questions vary I guess) Mine was super quick.. less than 5 min. She only asked me that and when was the last time I was in the US, and stuff... then she said.. Your visa has been granted!!!! :D she gave me a Green slip that tell you how you can track your packet.. of the visa (they dont return your passport to you that day) theypassport will come in the packet with the visa.

Ok, well I hope this loong and crazy attemp to explaining how it happened helps him and you at least a little.

I dont recall having to fill any other form in there... so yeah..no.

Tell him to calm down! he must try and be secure of what he is doing..(even if I think we all dont really know.. untill you are doing it) He will have the help of the staff INSIDE the buildings! so dont be stressed. You can also have him ask the Hotel Receptionist where exactly he must go to for each interview, if he is not sure...

I WISH YOU AND HIM ALL THE SUCCESS IN THE WORLD!

Timeline

Thank you SOOOOOO much. This is very re-assuring. I appreciate you getting back so quick. Congrats on your visa!! Also wish you the best in everything!!! :) thank you thank you thank youuuuuu

Timeline

Thank you SOOOOOO much. This is very re-assuring. I appreciate you getting back so quick. Congrats on your visa!! Also wish you the best in everything!!! :) thank you thank you thank youuuuuu

NO PROBLEM! I know exactly how you and your guy feel!!! I was so stressed and nervous! especially cus my case was "difficult" given the fact that I had overstayed a turist visa as a child. So I was maybe facing a 10 year bar! but guess what?!!! God was so good to me.. they approved the visa! wow!

Remember he just has to be honest... they will really take that in to consideration! I think I just got "lucky" (blessed) and didnt have to go through a waiver. But I think it was God and my confidance (which I had to forse myself to have hahaha) He will be fine!

Im so glad that you guys are at the "last" steps to finally being together... I am now comfused at what the NEW process will be... the Change of status...but I dont want to stress over it yet....ONE STEP AT A TIME! :D

Edited by fernanda08

Timeline

ah! just realized you are married already..so I dont know if its also the DS 160...or what form..but that is the one I needed for my case (fiancee visa).

Timeline

Yes, we are married. But we still had to fill out a ds 160. :) we live together here in the us. What happend was, he came here illegally back in 2006 .We have a son who is blind and has other descapasidades...so we filled out a waiver..it was accepted.

All of the affidavit of support all taken care of..basically everything is in order..but he needs to attend the interview and all....its very nerve racking...i dont see a reason for them to deny him but there is always a possibility!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Also, his biometrics appointmet is before his medical exam, is that ok u think?? :/

Yes

Check out the reviews here on VJ. There are some repeats taking up the first couple pages, but if you keep going, you will find more helpful ones listed there. http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Mexico&page=1&dfilter=5&topic=

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Mexico, Latin & South America regional - topic specific to Juarez ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Have him watch these videos the American Consulate's office posted on you tube. They will help

http://youtu.be/DYqvYK3Is_o

http://youtu.be/lp9dqMcYDog

http://youtu.be/KCft0XrCBg8

There are a few more that I cannot find right now. I would also suggest he has a complete copy of the papers you originally filed and do not forget birth certificates.

Timeline

Also, his biometrics appointmet is before his medical exam, is that ok u think?? :/

Yes, no problem. as long as both of these are before the consular interview!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.