Zedayn

April 2014 Filers

473 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

"Embassy personnel was very helpful and professional during the entire processing of the K1 petition and Fiance Visa. The Interview was conducted in French and lasted 15 mns. Questions asked were the kind one expects for this type of Interview and one can read on this Board. All phone inquiries - 3 total - were either answered right during the call or followed by an email. Visa approval didn't occur the day of the Interview but four weeks later due to an Administrative Processing period. Embassy personnel took our call and reassured us at this stage. After AP, visa was granted without having to provide further information. One small observation: Packet 3 sent by Consulate indicates Visa applicants to provide proof of financial support but it turns out that no Affidavit of Support is needed for K1 Visas. All in all, we would rate the Consulate services of the American Embassy in Tunisia with the highest score."

I saw the above post from your embassy's reviews (page 5).

Take it with a grain of salt. You may very well do need it. PM this poster for detailed feedback.

Yes I saw that review too. But I'd rather be more prepare than not just in case my case is the case that they decided that they need to see the financial of support! That is why I'm getting stuff ready in anticipation for anything that comes our way. I swear my fiancé is so relax about the whole thing...funny thing is there was another woman here with a Tunisian fiancé and she said he was the same relax way about the whole process too!

Thank goodness the Embassy in Tunis seems really nice and professional. And thank goodness my fiancé is fluent in English, French and Arabic that I feel that he'll do well at the interview since language is not a barrier!

Timeline

I'm a little stuck on one question on the I-134, #2. I don't know exactly what date, month I arrived to America. I know the year but I don't know the date and the month. My dad who would know for sure is dead and so are my uncles who would also know. My mom and my aunts probably wouldn't know the exact dates...maybe the month but not the date. I've asked around and all they can tell me was who was born close to the time when we immigrated over as refugees. I was a little girl and I know we came during fall of 1976.

Will I have to give the whole complete date of when I reside in the US? I know just the year. Who would have these records?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

They want the entire tax return and not just the summary you mentioned, however since your consulate seems to be very

laid back on the financial support evidence they may allow it.

As to your arrival, just enter the month and year if you don't know the date. Perhaps any relative still has a refugee document

with entry date on it but it is in the data anyway.

I have read some discussion long ago that someone in the same position as you with the co sponsor not wanting petitioner/beneficiary

to see their financial documents so they were allowed to send it in a sealed envelope. I don't know how or what country, it was years ago.

So it is best to ask the embassy and what their specific policy is.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am not sure the answers to these questions and I bet the best advice is already on here to ask the embassy and see what they say once you have your case #. That said, I would think that changing jobs does not indicate unstable employment as long as you are not changing jobs frequently.

If you make the 125% with the new job, you should be OK without a co-sponsor.

I just hope your approval gets in soon so you can find out these answers for sure!

With the date going to US, I read in other posts an estimate month and year is OK. I think it is probably fairly normal for people not to set travel until they are approved.

--------------------------

K-1 Visa Timeline

--------------------------

04/21/2014: Submitted I-129F

05/29/2014: NOA2 via email

01/20/2015: Visa Received

03/15/2015: POE

04/01/2015: Married!! (L)

04/11/2015: Submitted AOS / EAD / AP

10/09/2015: Green Card Approved

07/20/2017: Submitted I-751 ROC

07/27/2017: NOA1 Received

10/14/2017: Biometrics Waived

10/27/2018: ROC Approved

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

and here I was like to my fiancé..no no no honey! Use BLACK INK!!!

I was the same way. I had my fiance sign with black ink but I am sure they can tell that it is hand written.

Timeline

Good day fellow April 2014 Filers. Congrats to all NOA2 and Visa Approval!!

We received the RFE letter today:

=====================================================================================

Intent to Marry: Submit evidence from the beneficiary that she plans to marry the petitioner within 90 days

of the beneficiary`s admission in the United States.

Evidence of the beneciary`s intent maybe a statement,wedding preparations or other evidence

that clearly establishes the couple`s intent to marry.

======================================================================================

We submitted the Letter of Intent to Marry when we filed for I-129F using the guide in Visa Journey. But to reply in this RFE

we are planning to submit the following and use the return envelop included in the RFE letter.

1) Letter of Intent to Marry (Beneficiary and Petitioner)

2) Letter from the Priest who will conduct the Wedding

Any feedback/idea will be much appreciated :idea:

Thank You.

I have received my fiance signed paper, and he wrote another letter in more details on our wedding plans. Both signed. I received it and put it in envelope with the letter that I received from USCIS and send it express today. So hopefully everything will be good and we will have our approval soon.

Timeline

I have received my fiance signed paper, and he wrote another letter in more details on our wedding plans. Both signed. I received it and put it in envelope with the letter that I received from USCIS and send it express today. So hopefully everything will be good and we will have our approval soon.

My fiancé said that they approved of our case cause I wrote such a "Hallmark" card about how we met, that they were afraid that I'd write another sappy love story if they don't approve of it! LOL!!! It was one page long,very detailed with references to pictures and receipts with the correlating dates that we had met and did things together while I was there in his country. No doubt about that we had met when I said we did.

I think I heard grand sweeping music in the background as I was writing it! Reading romance novels did paid off! Our case was approved in a week!

Edited by Lena&Islam

Timeline

My fiancé said that they approved of our case cause I wrote such a "Hallmark" card about how we met, that they were afraid that I'd write another sappy love story if they don't approve of it! LOL!!! It was one page long,very detailed with references to pictures and receipts with the correlating dates that we had met and did things together while I was there in his country. No doubt about that we had met when I said we did.

I think I heard grand sweeping music in the background as I was writing it! Reading romance novels did paid off! Our case was approved in a week!

Mine was 3 pages long. Laughing at the background music :lol:

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Mine was 3 pages long. Laughing at the background music :lol:

oh my gosh! that's hilarious! 3 pages long?! I ended it with something like, he's my source of "happiness" and the other half of me and that is why I'm petitioning for a K1 Visa! I know, I had to toss in all that I had to plead with their hearts. I'm just thinking positive, somewhere in the great pile of documents on someone's desk, there's a person reading and seeing all of my evidence and they're like yes it's a love story and I'm going to approve of them!

Timeline

. Lol that is so funny. I know I was writing my love story too. So hopefully we get an approval too?

Timeline

One page was smacking them all upside their heads for refusing us the first time. :bonk: ( I do not recommend this to others) ;)

The rest was our love story. :wub:

Spoiler

Timeline

One page was smacking them all upside their heads for refusing us the first time. :bonk: ( I do not recommend this to others) ;)

The rest was our love story. :wub:

Awwwww! Now I'm glad that I choose to write them a awesome love story! So the lesson here is to show your love and let the words flow from your heart, plus have lots of evidence!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

If anyone has any idea of the timeline between packet 3 to 4, please share! It would be greatly appreciated!

Guangzhou consulate sent me and my fiance packet 4 by email 6 days after she sent in packet 3. Try contacting the consulate by email to see if they can provide you with a status.

Timeline

Guangzhou consulate sent me and my fiance packet 4 by email 6 days after she sent in packet 3. Try contacting the consulate by email to see if they can provide you with a status.

Thanks for your update!

My fiancee has been calling almost twice a week and all they say is that they will contact him once it is approved. He's asked if they can check to see if they received it and they just repeat the same thing....

So frustrating. :/

Do you have an email that would be a good contact?

lBU2m8.png

HBd3m8.png

Timeline

Thanks for your update!

My fiancee has been calling almost twice a week and all they say is that they will contact him once it is approved. He's asked if they can check to see if they received it and they just repeat the same thing....

So frustrating. :/

Do you have an email that would be a good contact?

I don't have an email contact, but the instruction letter included in Packet 3 provided a link for their email web-form:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn//immigrant-visa-unit-question.html

Was the package sent with a delivery confirmation or tracking number? Also, ask your fiancee what he mailed when responding to packet 3. My fiance initially mailed what was included on the checklist on the letter she received (DS-160 confirmation page, copy of the passport info page, 2 photos). However, I noticed that the letter that they sent her stated, "Please follow the instructions and mail the items listed below along with this letter to the Consulate". She had overlooked this instruction and didn't include the letter which had the case number to identify the submission!

After I told her about the missed instruction, we went into semi-panic mode, but she was able to call China Post and recall the package. We reviewed everything together and she was able to resubmit the documents, including the original letter that they had requested.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.